#1 seed might now be a pipe dream with 6 games left against teams currently with winning record

FilthyBeast

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Definite danger lurks within the division. Miami was in the same boat as far as running game is concerned but the addition of Wilson gives them an every down back with power. Their Achilles had been their putrid pass defense. Adding Chubb is going to improve that area given they had to commit more help to stop the run with more pass rush. I'd say the Jets were the biggest threat to the division buy I don't know now with Miamis improvements.  The Jets lost Breece Hall but were able to get Robinson from Jax and have a better defense than Miami at this point. I think KC is a little overrated and thr biggest threat to the Conference is Cincinnati or Baltimore.  I think the Josh Allen reliant Bills gotta just rotate Singletary and Hines (no alternatives and Hines didnt fill in for Taylor well when he was called on for bigger role) give it to them enough they run 20 to 25 times between them and keep these defenses honest. Josh will do the rest. Still the Bills are the AFC'S best right now.

This organization's conservative approach is what will ultimately be their downfall, whether it's sitting injured guys who are more than healthy enough to play, not making bolder moves before the trade deadline, and sticking to the same tired predicable schemes on both sides of the ball.

Also starting to lean back towards Miami being the best team in the division as well. Tua is the MVP right now IMO and that team is oozing talent on both sides of the ball. If only we had near the type of talent they do on offense.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

NE x 2, MIA, NYJ, MIN, @ CIN

All these teams are playing good to great football and already being 0-2 in the division is a bad omen considering both the Jets and Dolphins are now playing with house money when they visit Buffalo later this year.

I still want to believe this team can win the division at worse, but 0-2 so far tells me that's probably not going to happen and don't see better than 3-3 finish in division play right now.

Also on the flip side in KC, I've felt all along that they are not going to lose more than 1 game the rest of the way and last night showed why Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL by a large margin and has the more steady hand in terms of coming through when the game is on the line.

Looks like a familiar script is going to play out with this team come January and if they have to go the WC route it will be a quick exit given McD's playoff record.

Up until yesterday Josh had been outplaying Mahomes the entire season, including when they went head to head a couple of weeks ago.  It took overtime to beat a team where the QB only completed 5 passes - come back from the ledge 

7 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Up until yesterday Josh had been outplaying Mahomes the entire season, including when they went head to head a couple of weeks ago.  It took overtime to beat a team where the QB only completed 5 passes - come back from the ledge 

And yet both teams are sitting at 6-2.

Also the 'rebuilding' Giants team with nowhere close to the amount of talent the Bills allegedly have is 6-2.

Again, bigger issue is McDermott and maintain this team will never go anywhere with him here and you are seeing the result of what happens when you face other divisions teams that aren't rebuilding and have legit coaches now, just like the Belichik/Brady Pats teams he could never touch.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Every team has slumps here and there. IMO the Bills get bored and lose focus and this is what happens. 

I doubt they got bored playing a divisional rival on the road especially since they went into the game with an 0-1 divisional record. 

23 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I mean, the 5-3 division rival Jets should have had them fired up...

"Should", sure.... but for teams like BUF and KC, where all that matters in the Playoffs... the 5-3 Jets don't get you going like KC did.   

McDermott and the players can say the biggest game is the next game all they want.. This team clearly has levels to them, and the level of intensity against KC was wayyyy different than the d***ing around we saw against GB and NY. 

48 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

All these teams are playing good to great football and already being 0-2 in the division is a bad omen considering both the Jets and Dolphins are now playing with house money when they visit Buffalo later this year.

I still want to believe this team can win the division at worse, but 0-2 so far tells me that's probably not going to happen and don't see better than 3-3 finish in division play right now.

Also on the flip side in KC, I've felt all along that they are not going to lose more than 1 game the rest of the way and last night showed why Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL by a large margin and has the more steady hand in terms of coming through when the game is on the line.

Looks like a familiar script is going to play out with this team come January and if they have to go the WC route it will be a quick exit given McD's playoff record.

oh look the fear mongering just like you did last year when you though the Pats would win the division, after of course thinking Miami would win it and it was already clear you were wrong, and earlier also pumping up the Jets.  Then did this the year before too.

Stop fricken trolling troll.

Just now, SCBills said:

"Should", sure.... but for teams like BUF and KC, where all that matters in the Playoffs... the 5-3 Jets don't get you going like KC did.   

McDermott and the players can say the biggest game is the next game all they want.. This team clearly has levels to them, and the level of intensity against KC was wayyyy different than the d***ing around we saw against GB and NY. 

Well that is a dangerous game to play because there aren't many KC-level games left on the schedule (maybe Cincy).  We have tough games upcoming based on the teams we play but those games don't have the glitz and glamor of the KC's of the NFL.  I wish this team could learn to play at a high level regardless of the opponent.

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Every team has slumps here and there. IMO the Bills get bored and lose focus and this is what happens. 

While I agree in theory, if they don't understand what's at stake (avoiding going to KC in the playoffs) then they haven't learned anything and destined for the same failures.

Don't care what anybody says there's zero chance they will go to KC and win twice just like the reality of last year. And take away a truly fluky Mahome's INT they probably wouldn't have a few weeks ago either.

Seize the freaking moment and win games you are supposed to. Miami is a much better team than the Jets so I get that one and this team wasn't going undefeated anyway, but no excuse to drop a game against a team that has been horrendous on offense all year even when they had a great rookie RB healthy and in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Mahomes played as bad as or worse than Josh Allen did last night.  Dunno what game you watched but it wasnt Titans game.  Kinda helps a QB when they get a free first down from the refs every other play and a free shot over and over at a failed 2 pt conversion.  Also helps that he has receivers bail out his off target balls unlike Josh having receivers drop ones in the bucket.  Also helps when every single possession the Titans had since their TD early second quarter they basically went 3 and out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

While I agree in theory, if they don't understand what's at stake (avoiding going to KC in the playoffs) then they haven't learned anything and destined for the same failures.

Don't care what anybody says there's zero chance they will go to KC and win twice just like the reality of last year. And take away a truly fluky Mahome's INT they probably wouldn't have a few weeks ago either.

Seize the freaking moment and win games you are supposed to. Miami is a much better team than the Jets so I get that one and this team wasn't going undefeated anyway, but no excuse to drop a game against a team that has been horrendous on offense all year even when they had a great rookie RB healthy and in the lineup.

Take away one of Josh’s fluky interception’s yesterday and we would have won.

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Mondays after a loss always bring out the best in people

...in full force!

since I am unable to look in to the future and rather then be pessimistic, as I was for so many (seasons) years, I would rather suck it up, take the loss like a slap in the face and move on with the hopes they turn it around. there should be some players back from injury this week and they still have an opportunity to split with the division, at the very least.

other then that, you all that come on here and spread your doom and gloom can hang on to your "the sky is falling" outlooks, while I see 6-2 (last I knew it was a winning record) and It's on to the vikings...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.