#1 seed might now be a pipe dream with 6 games left against teams currently with winning record

FilthyBeast

Our chances for one seed is still intact, but we need to show some urgency in games against our division. Does anyone think the Jets or Miami are coming to our place and taking us down? The games against NE will be competitive because they are playing good defense and we have to get back our swagger. Let’s see how we play against Minn. Without Poyer, Rousseau, Milano It’s going to be tough.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

It doesn't guarantee anything, but it does make it easier. Also, with McDermott the Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs. Jac, Hou, KC x 2. They are 3-0 at home in the playoffs. Indy, Bal, NE. The Bills really do seem to feed off the energy of the home crowd. Besides I don't want to see Buffalo travel to KC for what seems like the 100th straight time.

It makes it easier.  Oh well.  Let these kids man up and become champions. The Bengals didn’t have home field advantage.  The rams were the 4 seed.  Tampa bay was a wild card team.  When they won the previous year.  

We can’t expect to lose every road playoff game.  If we hope to become a perennial SB champion, we should get that albatross off of our back soon.  

I’d love to have home field….. but this team can’t let that be the deciding factor if we win the SB.  We can win on the road.  

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

NE x 2, MIA, NYJ, MIN, @ CIN

All these teams are playing good to great football and already being 0-2 in the division is a bad omen considering both the Jets and Dolphins are now playing with house money when they visit Buffalo later this year.

I still want to believe this team can win the division at worse, but 0-2 so far tells me that's probably not going to happen and don't see better than 3-3 finish in division play right now.

Also on the flip side in KC, I've felt all along that they are not going to lose more than 1 game the rest of the way and last night showed why Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL by a large margin and has the more steady hand in terms of coming through when the game is on the line.

Looks like a familiar script is going to play out with this team come January and if they have to go the WC route it will be a quick exit given McD's playoff record.

Look at all the negative emojis your post creates! 

How dare you suggest things may go less than perfectly!

Most folks here just want to feel good; they don't want to discuss Bills football objectively.

I've been saying this for years; this place never changes.

And yes, we may VERY WELL screw up the #1 seed; we did that just last year and we can do it again!

It ain't easy winning the SB; that's the goal this year and that is a TALL ORDER.

We are the #1 favorite to win the SB this year, at around 25%; that means 75% we DO NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL.

Long way to go!  Let's hope for the best!

8 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

If they lose 1 more they guarantee themselves the #1 seed unless the jets or dolphins win out.  It’s not panic time 

We shall see, but they are beating themselves yet again, and the team that played yesterday is more than capable of losing 3 or 4 more

I'm not panicing, I'm a bit perturbed and slightly annoyed by their lackluster play over the last 2 games... 

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Most folks here just want to feel good; they don't want to discuss Bills football objectively.

And yes, we may VERY WELL screw up the #1 seed; we did that just last year and we can do it again!

It ain't easy winning the SB; that's the goal this year and that is a TALL ORDER.

We are the #1 favorite to win the SB this year, at around 25%; that means 75% we DO NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL.

What?  There is not much "objective" in that post.  He has been dooming and glooming Miami, Ne, Jets since he got here.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

If you've been on here for years then you'd know the routine for certain posters. They know when to troll like this.

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm honestly not trying to be negative, just realistic and I've said for months all the media and fan hype means nothing.

At the end of the day only one team in this league ultimately has a successful season in terms of who hoists the lombardi in Feb 2023. Also rarely does the consensus preseason favorite live up to the hype. The reality is setting in that this offense just isn't as dynamic and diverse with weapons that was initially believed. Also as good as Miller has been, this defense is starting to resemble the same tired and predictable scheme we've seen from McD/Frazier for years now, especially in terms of the rush defense laps and only managing a few sacks a game especially against teams they should be getting them in bunches against.

Obviously this team still has everything in front of them which is what JA17 said himself after his worse game in probably the last few years, but another loss this week and all of sudden everything will be behind them including the division lead and the #1 seed which KC will not relinquish should they get it, and still think they probably win out which is something the Bills likely won't be able to match for a number of reasons.

KC barely beat a TENN team with a rookie backup at QB. A TENN team the Bills destroyed with their starter in.

CIN is one of the teams cited as playing “good to great” right now? I guess. They did beat a Carolina team that has already fired their coach, traded their star and has packed it in for the season. They also got the breaks beaten off them by an almost equally bad Cleveland team the week before. “Good to great” is not how I’d describe them right now (they had more than a couple clunkers early in the season too.) But I realize the OP has his agenda and facts in the face of that agenda are simply ignored.

Edited by JoPoy88

I just don't see how the #1 seed can be a "pipe dream" when as of this moment, we're the #1 seed.

The rest of the conference is chasing Buffalo.  Not the other way around.  If you want to project that we'll have more losses the rest of the way than a team like KC, who have a slightly harder schedule (imo), that's just pessimistic.

And they have to play us.  Only 2 of those gms are on the road . We have double digit Ws at home.

The Mia gm was flukes because their sideline is 20 degrees cooler. 

We were missing 2 all pros in white and Poyer and a potential All Pro in Milano and 2 of the replacements were brutal.. We lost those 2 games by 5 points. On the road

Cmon man give me a break with this crazy talk. 

Only thing that'll screw us is if 17 misses significant time

Edited by JerseyBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.