#1 seed might now be a pipe dream with 6 games left against teams currently with winning record

FilthyBeast

NE x 2, MIA, NYJ, MIN, @ CIN

All these teams are playing good to great football and already being 0-2 in the division is a bad omen considering both the Jets and Dolphins are now playing with house money when they visit Buffalo later this year.

I still want to believe this team can win the division at worse, but 0-2 so far tells me that's probably not going to happen and don't see better than 3-3 finish in division play right now.

Also on the flip side in KC, I've felt all along that they are not going to lose more than 1 game the rest of the way and last night showed why Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL by a large margin and has the more steady hand in terms of coming through when the game is on the line.

Looks like a familiar script is going to play out with this team come January and if they have to go the WC route it will be a quick exit given McD's playoff record.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

If this Bills team plays the football they are capable of, AND key injuries stop (we win that game yesterday if Poyer and Milano play, and we absolutely win against Miami if Poyer plays) we are still the best team in the league.  Bar none. 

Mahomes the best QB by a large margin?  Come on man lets stop with nonsense.  The league is tight this year, I wouldn't be surprised if KC and the Bills both lose again before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Fwiw, I think this team needs a 7-1 Vikings team with Cousins vibing on the plane home to get them focused.  

They played the Green Bay game like it was a scrimmage.  They looked unfocused and unprepared against a Jets team, coming off a loss, with a QB fighting for his career and young talent looking to make a statement. 

Here comes a team that should have our attention.

If the defense isn't humbled by getting the ball run down their throat in consecutive weeks and Josh Allen isn't embarassed getting outplayed by a Mouseketeer, than I'm not sure what can get their attention.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I'm not worried at all,  none of those teams scare me. Some of them are playing "great" football right now, but they're also playing against some of the worst teams in the league, that matters. 

Bills are in a funk, but they'll snap out of it. The mighty 7-1 Vikings will have them fired up. 

Bills will still finish 13-4 at worst. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

All these teams are playing good to great football and already being 0-2 in the division is a bad omen considering both the Jets and Dolphins are now playing with house money when they visit Buffalo later this year.

I still want to believe this team can win the division at worse, but 0-2 so far tells me that's probably not going to happen and don't see better than 3-3 finish in division play right now.

Also on the flip side in KC, I've felt all along that they are not going to lose more than 1 game the rest of the way and last night showed why Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL by a large margin and has the more steady hand in terms of coming through when the game is on the line.

Looks like a familiar script is going to play out with this team come January and if they have to go the WC route it will be a quick exit given McD's playoff record.

This was so predictable from you, right on cue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Definite danger lurks within the division. Miami was in the same boat as far as running game is concerned but the addition of Wilson gives them an every down back with power. Their Achilles had been their putrid pass defense. Adding Chubb is going to improve that area given they had to commit more help to stop the run, but with more pass rush their secondary wont have to play as big a role.  I'd say the Jets were the biggest threat to the division buy I don't know now with Miamis improvements.  The Jets lost Breece Hall but were able to get Robinson from Jax and have a better defense than Miami at this point. I think KC is a little overrated and thr biggest threat to the Conference is Cincinnati or Baltimore.  I think the Josh Allen reliant Bills gotta just rotate Singletary and Hines (no alternatives and Hines didnt fill in for Taylor well when he was called on for bigger role) give it to them enough they run 20 to 25 times between them and keep these defenses honest. Josh will do the rest. Still the Bills are the AFC'S best right now.

Edited by gridirongold

22 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lets see...  We are currently sitting as the 1 seed.  How is it a Pipe Dream again?

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Shoot even the Bears can suddenly score.  The Browns running game could be scary as well.  No easy games left on the schedule.

To be honest, if the team that has been playing the last 2 weeks doesn't improve not having home field advantage in January will be the least of our worries.

The bottom line is Miami and the NY Jets beat us and looked good doing it. If we lose 1 or 2 more this year we could be looking at a wildcard at best.

The team is out of sorts right now and they have to get serious again......

14 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

If this Bills team plays the football they are capable of, AND key injuries stop (we win that game yesterday if Poyer and Milano play, and we absolutely win against Miami if Poyer plays) we are still the best team in the league.  Bar none. 

Mahomes the best QB by a large margin?  Come on man lets stop with nonsense.  The league is tight this year, I wouldn't be surprised if KC and the Bills both lose again before the playoffs.

Getting tired of the injury excuse quite frankly especially when you look at the two teams we've lost to this year and their own respective injury situations. It's the NFL and very few teams are going to be 100% from start to finish.

I'm not saying the season is over and jumping off the ledge yet, but it's telling that this team's only 2 losses so far are against teams in the division that have specifically built their teams to stop/beat Buffalo.

Also yes Mahomes is the best QB in the league, tired of the debate hearing otherwise until JA17 grows up and stops playing hero ball (and wins a SB for that matter).

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Honestly, I'm not worried at all,  none of those teams scare me. Some of them are playing "great" football right now, but they're also playing against some of the worst teams in the league, that matters. 

Bills are in a funk, but they'll snap out of it. The mighty 7-1 Vikings will have them fired up. 

Bills will still finish 13-4 at worst. 

I mean, the 5-3 division rival Jets should have had them fired up...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I mean, the 5-3 division rival Jets should have had them fired up...

Yeah,  but coming into this game, did anyone really think the Jets were for real? The 13 point spread says no.

Edited by Amaru523

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.