Coaching Staff has to take a huge blame for yesterday

BillyBilliams

14 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

The Jets played and coached like it was their Super Bowl, that’s why we lost

Watch the bills show on YouTube with Chris brown & tasker. They have Michael Robinson on Monday’s; prior Seattle db now devoted Bills fan and mafia member.  Watch Mondays episode with him. He said exactly what you mentioned. This locker room needs leaders and has to be ready to face ge stress of being HUNTED each week and the players have to Expect and meet that intensity.   They didn’t do that this week. Sims , on his show, said the Bills took their foot off the gas pedal. John’s Fina , on his off tackle live show on mondays , also said this ream ( and really the o line ) lacked intensity , physicality , and the line needs guys who WILL get physical.  Without Brown, no one is stepping forward to do that. 

I wanted to let you know those players are validating your point and they have the locker room experience that the social , keyboard warriors on here who attack anyone who dares be critical of the  Bills have never had. I trust three actual players who ALL notices the intensity and physicality lacking.  Usually leaders deal with that , get in t(e players faces or whatever to get the message across this play level isn’t acceptable!    They , nor I believe that’s the sole reason , but to deny the obvious issue that was evident during both the Green Bay and even more in the Jets game is just being in denial.  

Recommend those shows , especially Finas as he hits those issues and was a bills tackle for 10 years.  All the injuries have hurt physically but also from a leadership standpoint.  Milanos absence was obvious and White should also help as he returns.  They need to step up now or they could easily get picked off by the Vikes, esp should Allen be out.  Best wishes, go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

In both losses this was the case. McDermott needs to do better, the players need to do better both losses were avoidable.

I am just embarrassed for you did you think that this team was going to go undefeated this year

No mention of the fact that we have beaten quality teams this year just the two losses

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am just embarrassed for you did you think that this team was going to go undefeated this year

No mention of the fact that we have beaten quality teams this year just the two losses

No mention of the wins because he was talking about the reason for the losses. What is wrong with you? People have to talk about exactly what you want them to?

6 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

No mention of the wins because he was talking about the reason for the losses. What is wrong with you? People have to talk about exactly what you want them to?

I have absolutely no problem with people that are concerned about Sunday’s loss it’s whenever they turn around and equivocate it to how good the team actually is overall they get idiotic

The team had a horrible game because of

Is a lot different than

The team sucks because

Edited by John from Riverside

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have absolutely no problem with people that are concerned about Sunday’s loss it’s whenever they turn around and equivocate it to how good the team actually is overall they get idiotic

The team had a horrible game because of

Is a lot different than

The team sucks because

The post you quoted said nothing about the team sucks, it was very specific to the reason for the two losses. 

The team doesn’t need you to defend them anyway.

I have absolutely no problem If you have a counter-point to someone but to turn it around an equivocate it to their expectations for the team to go undefeated and how embarrassed you are for them is idiotic. 

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Ha another 🤡 that thinks it’s ok to lose winnable games. I’m sure you think the last few years from the Sabres is perfectly alright also. Losing to KC would have been understandable, losing to the Jets who didn’t even pass for 160 yards was a ***** show and has now put controlling the AFC in jeopardy. And if Allen has to miss any significant time, we could easily miss the playoffs being 0-2 in the division. I guess the drought taught a number of you to be soft, that’s the real embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ha another 🤡 that thinks it’s ok to lose winnable games. I’m sure you think the last few years from the Sabres is perfectly alright also. Losing to KC would have been understandable, losing to the Jets who didn’t even pass for 160 yards was a ***** show and has now put controlling the AFC in jeopardy. And if Allen has to miss any significant time, we could easily miss the playoffs being 0-2 in the division. I guess the drought taught a number of you to be soft, that’s the real embarrassment.

I guess the Chiefs are an embarrassment too for losing to Indy? The Jets might be better then KC.

Edited by Flucod

Just now, Flucod said:

I guess the Chiefs are an embarrassment too for losing to Indy?

Was that a division loss? If you ask any of the players on the chiefs if their performance that game was embarrassing what do you think they would say?  Another soft fan that doesn’t mind handing victories to supposedly inferior opponents. Good grief. 

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Was that a division loss? If you ask any of the players on the chiefs if their performance that game was embarrassing what do you think they would say?  Another soft fan that doesn’t mind handing victories to supposedly inferior opponents. Good grief. 

Edited by Flucod

6 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I trust three actual players who ALL notices the intensity and physicality lacking.  Usually leaders deal with that , get in t(e players faces or whatever to get the message across this play level isn’t acceptable!

Speaking of team leaders, 

what’s up with Tre’ White?? You can sense the frustration in McD at his presser yesterday…

"He's not ready to play yet," McDermott said in getting right to the point when asked about why White was held out against the Jets. " I'm not going to get into all the 'what the plan was and how it worked out,' " the coach said. "Things happen, right? We knew it could be a possibility, yes. And it was this past week. And so, we'll continue to take it one day at a time."

McDermott went on to say that White has not suffered any setback as he continues to recover from knee surgery to repair a torn ACL.”

According to BN, White had a week of full contact practice last week, yet didn’t feel like he was ready to play so he was inactive

Is White afraid of re-injury?? Seems like it.

Looking for him to play next game, and bet McD and his teammates are as well… The defense needs his leadership

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

For sure, Josh Allen's mistakes cost the team the game.  However, not recognizing that Josh was under duress the entire game and not going for short routes, instead opting for intermediate and deep routes (which were taken away) is something the coaching staff should have seen and adjusted to.  It blows my mind that we lose when Josh plays bad.  If we have the most complete roster, they should be able to win games when Allen isn't himself.  

Allen's mistakes did not cost the Bills the game.  After his first bad INT Allen led the Bills on two TD drives, including a 93 yard drive, to put the Bills up 14 - 3 and take command of the game.  At that point the defense allowed the Jets to go on a time consuming TD drive that ended with only 30 seconds left in the half. 

Then late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, the defense allowed the Jets to go on a 90 yard drive, using up a big part of the 4th quarter to take a 20 - 17 lead.

Finally Allen threw a perfect 70 yard pass that went through the hands of Davis.

Bottom line is that while Allen contributed to the loss, he was in no way the main person responsible.  IMO that rests on the D which allowed an anemic NY Jet offense to run the ball down their throats at critical moments in the game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When a team is out played in all phases, it's on coaching. 

The Bills were entirely unprepared to play that game. 

The ONLY thing we had going was Allen running it himself. 

Its the same thing that happened last year after beating the Chiefs, we were 5-1 with an emotional win vs KC... we then went 3-5 over the next 8 weeks playing like crap, then finished 4-0 going into playoffs. 

I'm tired of hearing the coaching staff talk the talk and not back it up.  Don't get too high or too low? BS, 2nd straight year you got hype for KC then checked out... Meticulous preparation? Complete debacle of a mess at the end of the playoff game with coaching staff competely lost. 

This is a Chamionship Team that so far has lacked Chamionship Coaching. 

• Like (+1) 2

My two biggest gripes outside of Josh Allen INTs

Leslie Frazier not playing tight against a defense that was throwing the ball 3 yards a pass. Seriously youre not gonna blitz this kid? Hes terrible.

Offensive line getting beat up by 4-5 guys all game. Who knew how important a Spencer Brown is to this freaking team....thats not good.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Believer said:

Speaking of team leaders, 

what’s up with Tre’ White?? You can sense the frustration in McD at his presser yesterday…

"He's not ready to play yet," McDermott said in getting right to the point when asked about why White was held out against the Jets. " I'm not going to get into all the 'what the plan was and how it worked out,' " the coach said. "Things happen, right? We knew it could be a possibility, yes. And it was this past week. And so, we'll continue to take it one day at a time."

McDermott went on to say that White has not suffered any setback as he continues to recover from knee surgery to repair a torn ACL.”

According to BN, White had a week of full contact practice last week, yet didn’t feel like he was ready to play so he was inactive

Is White afraid of re-injury?? Seems like it.

Looking for him to play next game, and bet McD and his teammates are as well… The defense needs his leadership

Great points.  I was fortunate enough to be involved in work comp as a medical director for clinics dealing with.injured workers. Literature shows the longer an injured worker is away from the work environment, the chances of them successfully returning continues to decrease.  I don’t remember the exact study , but I do remember reading that being out past 6 months , there is a very large decrease in patients / workers retuning to work with a majority never returning.  The reason , excluding physical disability , is the loss of confidence and anxiety in returning despite medical clearance to do so.   Truthfully , I had to fight the battle with companies wanting assurances that workers would NEVER be taken out of work unless they were hospitalized and also deal with the higher up Drs and their corporate bosses also pressuring / monitoring Drs records regarding giving days off for injured/ I’ll workers.  It’s pretty disgusting and disparaging to see how business interests were always placed above the interests of patients who the work comp laws are in place to protect. 

So in a huge business like the NFL , you can imagine the pressure to get players back out on the field. This may finally be coming thru with mcds subtle/ not so subtle presser that you quoted.   I Would feel pretty confident in believing Tre is facing that anxiety that is well documented when being away from his occupation this long. It’s another obstacle to overcome as all the evidence we know points he is completely medically cleared.  He has financial security locked up so that incentive to get quickly back to work is missing. Starr never seemed to get his drive for  football back after his Covid year off. Tre may be dealing with the understandable fear of reinjury, and anxiety if he can actually play at his same high level. It’s also not impossible after being at home with his family so much he might even be questioning his desire to keep playing ; that’s certainly not impossible.   

I think once he gets past the hurdle of that first game , his anxiety will ease and hopefully he will get back his desire and joy he had that made him Tre to begin with. It sure seems like the team is seeing no reason he can’t be out there and they have been patient historically. He just needs that last step of actually playing , hopefully we don’t see what happened to Starr. Wishing Tre the best for  him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I Would feel pretty confident in believing Tre is facing that anxiety that is well documented when being away from his occupation this long.

I appreciate your background and your perspective but athletes playing at the highest level in the world in front of over 60,000 live fans and millions watching on TV are not built like normal workers. 

You may be right but it's conjecture. I think the simplest explanation could be the correct one: Tre is healthy but getting in game shape (physically and instincts wise) after all this time off and the coach made a call (may have been a bad one but he's paid to make calls) that the current guys are better at this very moment that he thinks Tre would be.

We shall see soon enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen's mistakes did not cost the Bills the game.  After his first bad INT Allen led the Bills on two TD drives, including a 93 yard drive, to put the Bills up 14 - 3 and take command of the game.  At that point the defense allowed the Jets to go on a time consuming TD drive that ended with only 30 seconds left in the half. 

Then late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, the defense allowed the Jets to go on a 90 yard drive, using up a big part of the 4th quarter to take a 20 - 17 lead.

Finally Allen threw a perfect 70 yard pass that went through the hands of Davis.

Bottom line is that while Allen contributed to the loss, he was in no way the main person responsible.  IMO that rests on the D which allowed an anemic NY Jet offense to run the ball down their throats at critical moments in the game.

Again allowing the Jest these dink & dunk drives lies on the coaches, but some here take it personally when they are mentioned (especially McD).  

Regardless the Bills were not particularly sharp vs. Balt, Miami second half vs. GB and the Jets. 

Sorry this team should be scoring 40+ a game, but the opposition now has the blueprint, which is time consuming drives and keep Buffalo's Offence off the field and then they panic and want to score. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.