Frank Reich fired

Big Blitz

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

He may not be an upgrade. It was only a suggestion. My point is it might be time to consider changing after this season. 

No necessarily. Especially if you have a franchise Qb like Allen. Look at what Daboll has done in NY. 

No, look at what a great RB coming off of an injury has done for NY.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Ryan was never a high profile coach. He took mangini’s jets teams to the afc championship and after that the team fell apart and he couldn’t adjust

Really then humor me and tell me what High profile coach is available and is willing to go to Buffalo?

At this moment, I don't know. Things should be much clearer at the end of the year. My point really was Buffalo will be a highly sought after coaching position if available. Not who is available. Maybe Marv Levy comes back for a Super Bowl win.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

At this moment, I don't know. Things should be much clearer at the end of the year. My point really was Buffalo will be a highly sought after coaching position if available. Not who is available. Maybe Marv Levy comes back for a Super Bowl win.

Marv levy🤣🤣🤣 cmon man. Guys 92 years old. Who in the hell is going to listen to him?? Buffalo will not be a highly sought place if McDermott gets fired

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh they should have tried to draft a QB?   Same ownership that reached an AFC Championship game with a veteran QB and then positioned themselves a couple years later to draft Peyton Manning and then Andrew Luck and subsequently had almost 20 years of mostly All Pro level QB play should have drafted a QB?    If Josh Allen retires unexpectedly in July with an expensive veteran team having been built around him then I guess Brandon Beane should have drafted a QB in round 1 of the 2023 draft as well.   If anyone knows how to re-set their QB position.........it's the Colts.   

"The Colts" don't know how to do anything. It's the general manager, coaches, and other front office staff. Those people who did those things are gone.

37 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Lol. Let's just say Marv would have got it done in 13 seconds.

But not in any SB, we were completely embarrassed in 3 of them and Marv missed the kick and was completely outcoached by Bill Parcells. McDermott has a better winning percentage then Marv, you guys understand that right?

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on! You have to give Daboll tons of credit. 

He has them all on the same page, but if Saquan goes down they win another game.

11 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Colts owner is a fool.

I get that the owner doesn't like to lose. Yet, look at the QBs his GM brought in, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan who were all stinking things up. 

That team will rock bottom now and be looking to draft a QB. 

Rivers was pretty damn good! Not in the playoffs, of course. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Colts owner is a fool.

I get that the owner doesn't like to lose. Yet, look at the QBs his GM brought in, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan who were all stinking things up. 

That team will rock bottom now and be looking to draft a QB. 

The Bills had an owner and GMs like this for decades and were in the same boat.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, balln said:

I was stunned to read that he was replaced by someone with NO NFL or college coaching experience.  Found this:

"The Indianapolis Colts hired Jeff Saturday, who has never coached above the high school level, as their interim head coach on Monday. The move stunned fans, the news media and executives of other N.F.L. teams.

Saturday, most recently an ESPN analyst, was a two-time All-Pro center for the Colts and the Green Bay Packers over a 14-year career. But as a coach, his only job has been as an assistant and then the head coach at Hebron Christian Academy, a high school in Dacula, Ga., a suburb northeast of Atlanta. His record there was 20-16."

I lived in Dacula, GA for 14 years.  There is some pretty good high school football teams in the Atlanta metro area, but Dacula is a sleepy little suburb and the Hebron Christian academy football team was never taken seriously and was mostly laughed at by the big boy teams in the public schools.  How the hell he made the jump from there to being a head coach in the NFL is a real puzzler.

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.