Frank Reich fired

Big Blitz

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Close your eyes and imagine Frank Reich was not some sort of bizzare Buffalo legend.

If he was Tom Smith, you would not want any part of him near Allen or this franchise. 

Depends. He was outstanding with the eagles. I don't know how much of the Colts woes are him or upper management. He was a game away from being in the playoffs with Wentz last season. I think he's a good coach, just maybe not head coach material

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Close your eyes and imagine Frank Reich was not some sort of bizzare Buffalo legend.

If he was Tom Smith, you would not want any part of him near Allen or this franchise. 

I disagree. Poor guy had Carson Wentz when he was good (or he helped make him good), then one year of Andrew Luck, then a parade of losers:

- Brissette, after Luck retired DURING PRESEASON

- Ancient Philip Rivers, who he helped squeeze one more decent season out of

- The Ruins of Carson Wentz again, who he squeezed one more marginally acceptable season out of

- Ancient Matt Ryan, who no one can squeeze a decent season out of

They were primed - designed - to peak in that 2019 - 2021 window; he was just shite out of Luck when Andrew walked out the door with no backup plan in place. Now they have to start over, and that usually begins with the coach and the GM. 

Good coach, bad Luck. 

Just now, Steptide said:

Depends. He was outstanding with the eagles. I don't know how much of the Colts woes are him or upper management. He was a game away from being in the playoffs with Wentz last season. I think he's a good coach, just maybe not head coach material

That's like saying Bienemy is outstanding with KC. Nobody really knows. Doug Pederson was calling plays is my understanding 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

They should have actually tried to draft a QB instead of just going with old retreads every year.

Oh they should have tried to draft a QB?   Same ownership that reached an AFC Championship game with a veteran QB and then positioned themselves a couple years later to draft Peyton Manning and then Andrew Luck and subsequently had almost 20 years of mostly All Pro level QB play should have drafted a QB?    If Josh Allen retires unexpectedly in July with an expensive veteran team having been built around him then I guess Brandon Beane should have drafted a QB in round 1 of the 2023 draft as well.   If anyone knows how to re-set their QB position.........it's the Colts.   

• Like (+1) 2

Frank went from hero to zero here in Indy.  Ownership and management hamstrung him with poor drafts.  Never went all in and draft a franchise QB.  Too many whiffs in premium draft picks.  Jeff Saturday will watch this team crash and become a top five drafter.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.