Frank Reich fired

Big Blitz

3 hours ago, MJS said:

They should have actually tried to draft a QB instead of just going with old retreads every year.

The Colts have traded first round draft picks for marginal talent way too many times, so that the only current NFL starters that they could have drafted since Luck retired are Davis Mills and Jalen Hurts.

Edited by FrenchConnection

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

They should have actually tried to draft a QB instead of just going with old retreads every year.

I am sort of split on the firing. 

On one hand he kept botching the QB position. But it wasn't just the position, it was the whole philosophy behind it. This year is really bad though. 

On the other hand, they've been a strong team for almost the entirety of his tenure. 

I think I would have given him an opportunity to right the ship. 

• Like (+1) 1

Above average head coach, and good leader of men.  A little early, and kind of harsh given what he has to work with at QB this year, but I think his ticket to the unemployment line was punched when he vouched for Wentz last year.  From everything I've read Irsay was not happy with the money and time they wasted on Wentz.

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't see Dorsey getting a head coach offer after this season. He's young, inexperienced, and really hasn't proven himself. Why do people think he's going to get offers? 

There are very few quality coaches in the NFL. I doubt it happens this year but it will happen

The other option is if McD goes when we never win a super bowl the next 4 to 5 years... 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think it might be time to consider coaching changes in Buffalo. Not mid season but after this year especially if the Bills under perform. Coach McD is good but sometimes a change is needed. Same goes with Fraizer. The Bills seem to be unable to get over the hump. I'm thinking someone like Sean Payton. I know it's a premature discussion. 

What an idiotic statement. I’m sorry but that’s just pure stupidity. Let’s get rid of the coach who’s made us relevant after being doormats for how many years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What an idiotic statement. I’m sorry but that’s just pure stupidity. Let’s get rid of the coach who’s made us relevant after being doormats for how many years.

I believe they refer to that statement as knee jerk. So many people here believe the sky is on fire and falling after yesterday‘s game. I get it, I didn’t wake up in the best mood today. But, some people take one game as proof that the team has turned a corner and is heading fast downhill.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think it might be time to consider coaching changes in Buffalo. Not mid season but after this year especially if the Bills under perform. Coach McD is good but sometimes a change is needed. Same goes with Fraizer. The Bills seem to be unable to get over the hump. I'm thinking someone like Sean Payton. I know it's a premature discussion. 

let’s wait til the final gun of our final game this season to start discussing this

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I believe they refer to that statement as knee jerk. So many people here believe the sky is on fire and falling after yesterday‘s game. I get it, I didn’t wake up in the best mood today. But, some people take one game as proof that the team has turned a corner and is heading fast downhill.

Exactly, didn’t most on here say the same thing about the Jacksonville game last year and look what happened after that. Too many knee jerk fans on here. One loss and it’s chicken little the sky is falling. 

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

And what makes you think Payton would come here?? He’s already said his next team would have to be a warm weather team. That’s not us also he lives in LA and from what I’ve heard he wants the chargers job. And will probably take that if offered. Also why would you want Payton?? Did you not see how badly he screwed over the saints salary cap wise?? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Wayyyyy overdue. They need to clean house. Fire everyone involved in the decisions to trade for Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. 

Where’s Andrew Luck these days? We would be the Colts if Josh Allen decides he’s done with football. In fact, we’d probably bring in a parade of old timers to try to squeeze another year or three of competitiveness out of an otherwise solid roster. 
Frank, you are still my hero. 😢 

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Sean Payton has the same win pct as mcdermott and lost some playoff games in incredible fashion while having a HOF QB. How s he an upgrade? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.