Greg Rousseau ankle sprain - week to week (Update: practice participant week of 11/27)

YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

great...play him, just don't stay up at night waiting for him to have an impact.....rock on nittany

Ahhh, gotta say I agree with you (mostly).

Epenesa has been a bit of a disappointment.  He was really good at Iowa, so I was glad when Bills got him in second round.  He's just a different player now.  At Iowa, he had a tremendous bull rush, but not in NFL.  I dont know if he's lost strength or what.

Still probalby Bills 3rd best DE, just not a real difference maker at this time.

• Agree 1

As others have mentioned, I think they’ll keep him out another week backed up to the mini-bye with 10 days off…

If he is truly ready to go, the saddle up for THURSDAY because he would be a large addition to an already decimated defense.

Edmunds return would be equally, if not more, important this week. Based off what I’ve seen from Klien, it wouldn’t surprise me if they erred on the side of caution and also gave the 10 days off to fully heal.

Morse will likely go IMO, as having finished the Browns game, he couldn’t be too banged up. A short week likely played into his absence. 

Dawkins falls into the same area as Groot IMO…ankle sprain likely looking at a week off leading to 17 days from injury to his return. 

35 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Epenesa has been a bit of a disappointment.  He was really good at Iowa, so I was glad when Bills got him in second round.  He's just a different player now.  At Iowa, he had a tremendous bull rush, but not in NFL.  I dont know if he's lost strength or what.

Still probalby Bills 3rd best DE, just not a real difference maker at this time.

And another disappointing tidbit I saw today about AJE is he leads the Bills by a wide margin with a 66% missed tackle rate. He and Boogie are both busts forced to play because Von & Groot are hurt.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

The difference is he’s not playing Iowa’s competition.  He bull rushed mid western farmers and beat them.  The Bills got him, made him lose 20lbs and sent him against competition he’s never seen.  He was never fast, never had moves, just pushed guys out of the way that don’t play in the NFL.  It’s the equivalent of a guy who made it as a starter in D2 vs small town high school teams.  Yeah he’s clearly better than the competition, but he’s not the best of the best.  Fact of the matter, there are only 32 men starting at any one position in the NFL and there are hundreds of guys starting at the same position across all the D1 schools, the likelihood a guy that’s not flat out dominant, with elite traits, ever becoming impactful against the very best in the world is negligible. 

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And another disappointing tidbit I saw today about AJE is he leads the Bills by a wide margin with a 66% missed tackle rate. He and Boogie are both busts forced to play because Von & Groot are hurt.

Oh and just imagine the impact the players the Bills Mafia would have picked by popular vote, vs Beane outsmarting the world and taking those 2.. you would have a starting RB and a ProBowl center/Guard..  but trust the process without question 🫡 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The difference is he’s not playing Iowa’s competition.  He bull rushed mid western farmers and beat them.  The Bills got him, made him lose 20lbs and sent him against competition he’s never seen.  He was never fast, never had moves, just pushed guys out of the way that don’t play in the NFL.

Here's Epenesa vs. Rashawn Slater from 2019:

There are only 3 reps (by my count) on this highlight film, but safe to say Slater kept him at bay relatively easily.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Um, with Von and Groot healthy, AJE and Basham have been playing ~37% of the snaps

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's mostly due to lack of attempts rather than tons of misses...also seems to be a little magical numbers going on in that since they are counting pressures as missed tackles which is suspect at best.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That's mostly due to lack of attempts rather than tons of misses...also seems to be a little magical numbers going on in that since they are counting pressures as missed tackles which is suspect at best.

For sure, numbers always get skewed, hence why there’s always a minimum attempts to qualify for percentages, which this doesn’t take into acct. 

15 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Epenesa is a bust. He’s too small for the NFL and lacks the athleticism to compensate.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Um, with Von and Groot healthy, AJE and Basham have been playing ~37% of the snaps

Doesn’t have much to do with AJ being bad.  

He’s our 3rd DE - 37% of the snaps will be going up with von out and maybe Rousseau bother week or 2.  He’ll be on the field for several important plays.  He’s smack talk relevant imo.

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t have much to do with AJ being bad.  

He’s our 3rd DE - 37% of the snaps will be going up with von out and maybe Rousseau bother week or 2.  He’ll be on the field for several important plays.  He’s smack talk relevant imo.

The statement was that AJ and Boogie were being “Forced to Play” because Von and Groot were hurt.

That’s not what’s happening.

PS and FWIW Groot practiced today, AJ did not.  So “Von and Rousseau out, AJ gets more snaps” doesn’t look like what’s happening either

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.