Greg Rousseau ankle sprain - week to week (Update: practice participant week of 11/27)

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Those are two 2nd round picks that I'd sure like to have back.

100% agree. I hated the Epenesa pick at the time. But people thought he was a low first round grade so some were excited he fell to second round.

Basham pick made no sense too. He is fat and slow. 

Those two picks should have been OL. Backup DL are a dime a dozen. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Usually whenever they say week to week instead of day to day it means not playing next week. 

It's reported as a high ankle, and those seem to take 3 games.  I think what "week to week" means in this context is, they don't intend to put him on IR

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Is this the play on which Rousseau was injured?

That’s a BS play by #83 there diving at Rousseau’s legs. I thought that block was outlawed anyway? Seems the entire defense started their slide after his injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

100% agree. I hated the Epenesa pick at the time. But people thought he was a low first round grade so some were excited he fell to second round.

I didn’t like either pick….but Basham isn’t fat and slow…

7 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Is this the play on which Rousseau was injured?

I hate those blocks!! Talk about potential career enders

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

With Epenesa, Bills should've traded up in front of Colts and got JT28. Basham should've be an OL

On 11/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lawson should start. He has experience.  Epenesa is a lost cause at this point. Basham should be 3rd in the rotation and Epenesa last off the bench.

I see no future for Epenesa or Basham on this team. They might give Boogie one final year to do something but AJ is gone.

8 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

That’s a BS play by #83 there diving at Rousseau’s legs. I thought that block was outlawed anyway? Seems the entire defense started their slide after his injury.

You can still cut people from the side at the LOS which pisses me off to no end. It's a chickenspit play that has no place in the game.

He's absolutely been the Bills most consistent DLineman this year; it's an enormous loss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see no future for Epenesa or Basham on this team. They might give Boogie one final year to do something but AJ is gone.

These guys are just duds.  It's infuriating because we hear how they had great offseasons, they'll look good in camp and preseason, and then they'll flash for like 4-6 quarters early in the regular season before completely disappearing.

I think you guys are too hard on boogie and Epenesa. It’s not easy to make an impact on 10-20 snaps a game. Especially in games you’re not dominating the line. 
Von is a great example but obviously a different level of player. He’s learning from his matchup each snap. Probing all game long on what’s working, their reactions to each of his moves, setting them up for that big play he’ll need to make later on. It will be interesting to see how these guys do with more play time while Rousseau heals up. I like Epenesa more than most, I think he’s shown flashes of good play. He seems to have a knack for batting balls down at the line. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think you guys are too hard on boogie and Epenesa. It’s not easy to make an impact on 10-20 snaps a game. Especially in games you’re not dominating the line. 
Von is a great example but obviously a different level of player. He’s learning from his matchup each snap. Probing all game long on what’s working, their reactions to each of his moves, setting them up for that big play he’ll need to make later on. It will be interesting to see how these guys do with more play time while Rousseau heals up. I like Epenesa more than most, I think he’s shown flashes of good play. He seems to have a knack for batting balls down at the line. 

Epenesa carries the highest missed tackle % according to Joe Marino

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Epenesa carries the highest missed tackle % according to Joe Marino

Possibly. I don’t dive that far into anything or follow anyone enough to catch stats like that. 
I won’t pretend like I’m any kinda expert of defensive line play lol cause I’m certainly not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.