[Name Only Title] Ed Oliver

ToBillsFan

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, ToBillsFan said:

Who can justify resigning this man?

0 sacks 0 effect on the run game. All this in his contract year where he should be destroying everything in his way.

Everybody must go with no exception. Back the truck up to the locker room. Get ‘‘em all out of my sight. Funny you didn’t mention how disruptive Ed has been in pressures up the middle. How does 29 tackles in 12 games translate to zero effect in the run game? He’s been averaging 40 tackles a season and the defense is top 5 in yds allowed and points. He’s an important part of the rotation in the front four plus he plays thru injury. I’m sure you had the same silly post about Edmunds, Milano, Singletary etc.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

it is as if pretending to know something is enough…,  

So yeah, let’s just release/cut every player on the D line that doesn’t have 15 sacks, or enough splash plays to make a few fans happy, and then continue to ignore the glaring needs on the O-line and at WR while we spend our draft capital and limited FA funding to replace that defensive front, just Brilliant…,  

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

That #1 ranking was a mirage. We played a bunch of bad teams & offenses. The opposing QB list, at that time, was riddled bad young QBs and bad old QBs. The list of bad QBs faced last year:

Jones - twice 

Wilson & White - once each

Tua - twice

Mills

Heinicke

Siemian

Ryan

Wentz

Newton

Lawrence 

Roethlisberger 

Average QB faced:

Tannehill

Good QBs faced:

Mahomes

Brady

OK, but this year we have faced the Who’s Who of teams and still have a top-five defense

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK, but this year we have faced the Who’s Who of teams and still have a top-five defense

Not questioning that and have given several rundowns on games vs .500 or better teams for the top 5 Super Bowl contenders, including the 49ers defense facing a bunch of bad offenses like we did last year. And our record against top 10 offenses, defenses, pass rushers, QBs and RBs. I tried to cover it all lol.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Everybody must go with no exception. Back the truck up to the locker room. Get ‘‘em all out of my sight. Funny you didn’t mention how disruptive Ed has been in pressures up the middle. How does 29 tackles in 12 games translate to zero effect in the run game? He’s been averaging 40 tackles a season and the defense is top 5 in yds allowed and points. He’s an important part of the rotation in the front four plus he plays thru injury. I’m sure you had the same silly post about Edmunds, Milano, Singletary etc.

I agree. He has consistently pushed the interior line into the QB this year. He was one of the reasons why Green Bay all but abandoned the passing game for a long stretch in that game. On pass plays he was in the backfield throughout the 1st half.

Also was Defensive Player of the week for his massive game on Thanksgiving against the Lions. Still don't know how he didn't get a turkey leg. We don't win that game without him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree. He has consistently pushed the interior line into the QB this year. He was one of the reasons why Green Bay all but abandoned the passing game for a long stretch in that game. On pass plays he was in the backfield throughout the 1st half.

Also was Defensive Player of the week for his massive game on Thanksgiving against the Lions. Still don't know how he didn't get a turkey leg. We don't win that game without him.

It’s sad that important contributors just get  abuse from congenital critics regardless of their play. Hopefully they don’t follow social media.

Not going to read this whole thread.   The only concern I have with Ed is availability.   

When he right, he's a major asset to the team.    Unfortunately, he just seems to be banged up a lot and is on the injury report yet again this week.     IMO, it's going to be a hard decision about what his next contract is going to look like.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Guys like Lawrence have that elite size which is really the only knock on Oliver besides availability. I definitely liked Lawrence coming out.

Right. It was a curiously bad pick . Oliver was media over hyped bc of his blow up w coach over a coat , and compared to Aaron Donald. Whoops 

Lawrence has 7.5 sacks

we have to live w Oliver’s 2.5. Now if he has 3 tonight in a win vs cincy. All is forgiven. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Oliver is a disruptive force in the middle, and there are too many Bills fans who have no idea what they’re watching.

So are 5 other players taken AFTeR him in the draft , that are also out producing him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.