[Name Only Title] Ed Oliver

ToBillsFan

Just now, ToBillsFan said:

Who can justify resigning this man?

0 sacks 0 effect on the run game. All this in his contract year where he should be destroying everything in his way.

I would not have picked up his 5th year option personally, he’s a good player, nothing special at all.  I’d be happy to have him back at a reasonable price point, but Nobody missed him when he was gone and won’t miss him if he’s playing somewhere else.  He had the BENEFIT of playing next to Star, who was so large people had to double him to move him and made exactly zero visible difference, it made the 6 plays a year Oliver managed to get look like he was more than he is.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2

He needs to rebound otherwise that 5th year option is gonna be a brutal overpay

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Slowly but surely, people are seeing what I've known to be true for years.

He was great last year, so no you haven’t. That’d be like somebody saying “I knew Russell Wilson is bad years ago.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

He needs to rebound otherwise that 5th year option is gonna be a brutal overpay

He was great last year, so no you haven’t. That’d be like somebody saying “I knew Russell Wilson is bad years ago.”

no he wasn't.

he's NEVER performed to the level of his draft selection.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ToBillsFan said:

Who can justify resigning this man?

0 sacks 0 effect on the run game. All this in his contract year where he should be destroying everything in his way.

His contract year is next year but I agree, he has not been great.  Sometimes he can generate a pass rush.

I'm not sure why people get so upset about people critiquing players on a Message Board devoted to Bills football. Do you guys think the players read this stuff? Is it some sort of voodoo superstition? I actually agree with the OP. I never heard Ed's name mentioned once yesterday, and thought about making a similar comment, but didn't because I thought maybe Oliver was actually inactive yesterday. Should he be cut? Obviously not. But....step back for a minute, and ask yourself if it looks like he's having the break out Contract Year that many were forecasting before Week One. Again, obviously not.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not sure why people get so upset about people critiquing players on a Message Board devoted to Bills football.

If you really want to know, this ain't the New England Journal of Medicine or whatever.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I would not have picked up his 5th year option personally, he’s a good player, nothing special at all.  I’d be happy to have him back at a reasonable price point, but Nobody missed him when he was gone and won’t miss him if he’s playing somewhere else.  He had the BENEFIT of playing next to Star, who was so large people had to double him to move him and made exactly zero visible difference, it made the 6 plays a year Oliver managed to get look like he was more than he is.

This sums up your entire post and reminds us how little you know. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.