Josh Allen concussion speculation

Einstein

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why? What does it hurt?

It doesn't hurt anything, I just think it's a bad look and it reeks of reaching for an excuse.

Allen was bad Sunday. It might have been his worst game since his rookie year. He didn't have much help, but he also wasn't taking the quick easy completions. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

It doesn't hurt anything, I just think it's a bad look and it reeks of reaching for an excuse.

Allen was bad Sunday. It might have been his worst game since his rookie year. He didn't have much help, but he also wasn't taking the quick easy completions. 

He's literally just thrown it to the other team 3 times in last 6 quarters.  These weren't bad decisions.  These weren't great plays by the defense.  These are him.  Literally throwing it in the chest of the other team. Nevermind the dropped interception that wasn't even close to the target.  

It's like he's not seeing things properly. 

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have no proof to back it up, just speculating. Do you think it’s possible that Allen was concussed on this play and it has been affecting his play? I know he popped right back up after the hit but we all know Josh is one tough SOB!

No.  Would you have suggested a concussion was affecting his play after the 1st half yesterday?  He had the boneheaded INT in the 1st half yesterday, but otherwise looked pretty sharp (two TDs and led the team into FG range in less than a minute).

• Like (+1) 1

I think I started this in a different thread.  I wondered about it in the second half of the GB game, and I still wonder about it following the Jets game. 

Bottom line here is that something is up.  Maybe he was concussed on the shot in the GB game.  Maybe he had a COVID booster and it’s screwed him up.  (I had vertigo after my most recent booster and for a couple of weeks thereafter I felt like I just wanted my brain back.  It was horrible, and I can’t imagine anyone with those side effects trying to play professional football.)   I don’t know.  But he’s not right.  Without any care in the world for football I hope he’s OK.  He’s one of us.  

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Explanations are not excuses.

• Agree 2

He’s seeing ghosts, some of those throws & decisions yesterday were so out of character it’s hard not believe that he isn’t having some kind of issue related to that hit. I know the oline blew yesterday but his performance seemed way off, even with line issues.

Dude needs to be evaluated, rib’s concussion whatever….  If it’s a concussion, it’s  is no joke!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have no proof to back it up, just speculating. Do you think it’s possible that Allen was concussed on this play and it has been affecting his play? I know he popped right back up after the hit but we all know Josh is one tough SOB!

Quoting your own twitter feed is special.  

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think it was after the fumble. But I have the games recorded and will go back in look tonight. 

Yes, looks like it was this play.

1st & 10 at NYJ 12

(6:24 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Allen to NYJ 19 for -7 yards (S.Rankins). FUMBLES (S.Rankins), and recovers at NYJ 18. J.Allen sacked at NYJ 14 for -2 yards (sack split by J.Sherwood and K.Alexander).

I missed it yesterday, but Josh shakes his head pretty hard after the tackle. It's possible he was looking over to the sideline (or another player) and shaking his head "no" in response to something. It's also possible he has a lingering concussion and got his bell rung. 

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What I don't understand is he sounds fine in the post game...So if he was concussed, he doesn't sound like it.

But maybe the symptoms only happen when he has to move?

Occam's Razor. The simplest answer is that aliens from the galaxy Zurytnthum kidnapped Josh, fed him three levels of condriptium hydrochloride, and then put him on the Stilt-a-Whirl for 3 hours before the Jet game.

Not buying the speculation, it's just another excuse. GB adjusted & halftime defensively, jets did the same after the 1st quarter. Went to 2 high safety, keep a spy on Josh, bring pressure (which the jets did effectively w/ 4). Diggs had 93 yds first half & 0 the second bc the jets focused on taking him away. That's the difference in the change of performance. Our problems run the gambit, line blocking, receivers showing up & better game plan to counter that style defense. Bills need to focus on that not a phantom concussion.

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There's got to be something happening.  What he's done the last 6 quarters goes beyond poor play.  He's making decisions I haven't seen him make EVER.  

This is why I think a concussion is a legitimate theory. I’ve never seen him throw such outrageous ints before. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

34 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s like a light switch went off. It was really weird. It was very noticeable yesterday like Allen was dealing with mental fog. 

Something is off… he was hitching a lot yesterday and the picks he threw were right to the opposition. He looks completely different. Like you said, it’s like he’s dealing with some kind of mental fog… it doesn’t look like he’s processing what he’s seeing anywhere near his normal capacity.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Something is off… he was hitching a lot yesterday and the picks he threw were right to the opposition. He looks completely different. Like you said, it’s like he’s dealing with some kind of mental fog… it doesn’t look like he’s processing what he’s seeing anywhere near his normal capacity.

For me it’s obvious. Especially watching him shake his head like a dog does when something feels off to them. It’s pretty normal behavior for someone with lingering head trauma. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.