Josh Allen concussion speculation

Einstein

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There might be something to this. I thought it was really strange when he was on all fours and shaked his head like a dog yesterday. 

Im not good at detecting sarcasm. Did this actually happen yesterday or did I miss the joke?

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I think almost every reason possible has been discussed as to his poor performance in the last 18 hours. 

This is true, but GB and especially yesterday were really strange performances. Allen was literally shaking cobwebs out of his ear hole yesterday after a hit. He didn’t see defenders yesterday that were clearly in throwing lanes for east ints. It was very weird. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Im not good at detecting sarcasm. Did this actually happen yesterday or did I miss the joke?

No it actually happened. Dude was shaking cob webs out. 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have no proof to back it up, just speculating. Do you think it’s possible that Allen was concussed on this play and it has been affecting his play? I know he popped right back up after the hit but we all know Josh is one tough SOB!

I absolutely think this is a possibility.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No it actually happened. Dude was shaking cob webs out. 

Oh wow I missed that.

He is one tough guy, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he just doesn’t say anything to the training staff.

Just now, Gugny said:

I absolutely think this is a possibility.

Yeah watch not only the hit but also how his head snaps back when he hits the ground. Potential to be ugly.

Josh Allen reminds of Brett Favre in that he could be injured and just play right through it without telling anyone.   I don't think the Bills coaching staff would allow should they suspect something is wrong though.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I mean I can't discount this.  It seems really strange how he went from playing amazing in the first half to terrible in the 2nd and then that continued this week, which might be expected if he continued to practice as normal during the week.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I mean I can't discount this.  It seems really strange how he went from playing amazing in the first half to terrible in the 2nd and then that continued this week, which might be expected if he continued to practice as normal during the week.

It’s like a light switch went off. It was really weird. It was very noticeable yesterday like Allen was dealing with mental fog. 

Honestly, yes.  There was a clear, fairly large drop-off in Allen's play that occurred sometime around halftime of the GB game.  He hit his head on the ground a couple of times in that game, and it wouldn't shock me if he was shaken up more than he let on.  Pure speculation of course.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.