Who has been the biggest disappointment?

Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

There's a reason Gabe Davis was a 4th rounder. We have a $250 million QB  on the  team and we wasted the draft picks on defense? With the exception of Diggs, Allen has no help. NONE.

Guys were getting open. Allen when feels pressure most of the day looks for the deep shot like his only read or his first read whenever pressure gets there. It seems to stick with him. Players especially underneath were getting lots late (3rd or 4th quarter) in the football game vs Jets.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

Dorsey. the entire offense is look for Diggs then have Allen scramble to make a play. No creativity in play calling or running game

The line is terrible at run blocking.

Allen is once again the teams leading rusher.

Allen and Diggs ARE the offense. What other weapons does he have?

Who else can get open consistently without Josh having to extend the play?

Edited by Turk71

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The line is terrible at run blocking.

Allen is once again the teams leading rusher.

Allen and Diggs ARE the offense. What other weapons does he have?

Who else can get open consistently without Josh having to extend the play?

Davis, Knox and McKenzie were a big part of the offense last season. Why not now?  What happened? We used to do jet sweeps and better running plays than we do now. Pretty much same players from last season. The only change is the OC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'd say Mckenzie first he was given the position by letting a sure handed receiver go that being Beasely & then given a extension because of the 1 really good game he had last season thinking he could make up for the 100 reception loss of Bease .

Then they didn't try to give Hodgins which was a slot receiver in college & made his hay there a shot to at least see how he could do & now will never know how he could have done .

If there is one thing this coaching staff does that drives me crazy is they don't give players that show they are capable of playing in the NFL a legit chance on the field to prove them selves at the position they are best suited for .

Hodgins, Blackshear, Wade, Anderson, WIldgoose , yet they continue to keep people that contribute little like Moss, Mckenzie, or Johnson that they know more about what they have put on the field but the others they don't i wish there was a way they could give a more legit chance to some than they have .

Edited by T master

On 11/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Lots and lots of doom and gloom on here and rightly so but in the end this all comes down to making a few key plays in the clutch late in the fourth quarter or on a final drive when the game is on the line. We’re 6-2 and in BOTH games we had the ball and the opportunity to win the game and failed. It’s a real problem. The Bills got the ball with two minutes remaining on Sunday, and while they had no timeouts they ended up not needing them because they couldn’t pick up a single first down. Not good! 

You’re not going to beat everyone by two touchdowns. You have to learn how to win close games like against the Jets and Dolphins. This week’s opponent, the Vikings, are 7-1 partly because they’re getting it done in the clutch. It’s about winning! 

And the Bills have sucked in the clutch more than they havent for the last long while.

3 hours ago, T master said:

I'd say Mckenzie first he was given the position by letting a sure handed receiver go that being Beasely & then given a extension because of the 1 really good game he had last season thinking he could make up for the 100 reception loss of Bease .

Then they didn't try to give Hodgins which was a slot receiver in college & made his hay there a shot to at least see how he could do & now will never know how he could have done .

If there is one thing this coaching staff does that drives me crazy is they don't give players that show they are capable of playing in the NFL a legit chance on the field to prove them selves at the position they are best suited for .

Hodgins, Blackshear, Wade, Anderson, WIldgoose , yet they continue to keep people that contribute little like Moss, Mckenzie, or Johnson that they know more about what they have put on the field but the others they don't i wish there was a way they could give a more legit chance to some than they have .

These guys are depth and ps guys 

buffalo loves a good story … they aren’t great football players at the nfl level

wade had 2 good plays against 5th stringers 

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Bills looked pretty good in the clutch vs. Baltimore and KC...think there is some recency bias after last week..

Both losses this year can be fairly described as chokes.  The 13 second debacle that ended last season is literally the NFL choke of all time.  Its not just last week. 

Going into the season, Davis, McKenzie and Knox were all expected to up their game and fill in for the departure of Beasley and Sanders. Unfortunately, all three seem to have regressed. Davis & McKenzie are now facing better DBs from the opposing team compared to last year. Shakir hasn’t really blossomed. I saw some video which showed Josh had open players short and instead he was force feeding Davis and Diggs. Josh needs to play like he did in the Rams opener. Spread the ball around and take what the D gives you and trust your teammates. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:13 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Not even close…McKenzie is completely worthless in this offense. What happened to the Beasley role where Josh could always count on a quick eight yards? You cannot play offense without a slot receiver, no matter how good your QB or #1 WR are. It’s like we’re down a man. 

Oh, how I long for the days where we got consistent production out of a receiver not named Diggs.

This offense is clearly lacking the consistency and dependability of a Beasley-type player in that role.

I personally think Shakir is the best made for that role, but once again, our coaching staff seems to think McK is the man, where he's proven more often than not, that he's clearly not.

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

2-9 in their last 11 games decided by less than 8 points. It's recency bias though. They're fine. It's all in my head that they completely suck in the clutch.

My rational side says it’s all ok. Sometimes you flip a coin and it comes out heads four times in a row. 
My irrational side sometimes sees a little Chargers in this team. In other words, on paper (in many seasons during and after Philip Rivers) one of the best rosters in the game, but always managing to screw it up when it counts. 
Then again, wasn’t that Andy Reid until a few years ago?

On 11/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

For me it’s a tie between Davis and McKenzie. If it wasn’t for Diggs being the dawg that he is, we’d be in deep trouble. When we face good secondaries, we have nobody that can take over a game when Diggs is taken out. It’s depressing because I though Davis could be that dude after the KC game last year. What is even more maddening is Shakir has shown flashes and yet he doesn’t get the playing time he deserves over McKenzie. It blows my mind that you have an elite QB and you can’t even get 50 yards a game. McKenzie has been an absolute soul crusher. 

Davis.

I've been big on him since his rookie year. I wondered why they signed Sanders last year and didn't go to him. I guess the Bills weren't sold on him going into the season and must have thought he turned the corner in the play-offs.

Apparently, in hindsight, they're wrong

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.