Who has been the biggest disappointment?

Milanos Milano

Davis

cook

edmunds

shakir

mckenzie

dorsey

mcdermott

frazier

stadium renderings

singletary

phillips

the OL

elam

poyer

can I keep going? Sure, but did we really expect anything out of the 2nd RB? Or 5th WR, or any other backup at this point. 

better to start a thread that’s started as who has impressed:

Allen (when he’s not playing off)

Diggs

Milano (when he’s actually on the field) more if the same with him and always has been. Why he’s not worth his contract, he misses multiple games every single year. He’s soft like a fresh baked cookie 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:33 AM, RocCityRoller said:

Ken Dorsey - Daboll did much better than Dorsey scheming guys open. Loads of posts about Knox, Davis, McKenzie etc disappearing in games, Josh Allen is regressing etc.

Did Knox just forget how to run routes and get open? Why are so many of Davis targets so contested? Why is McKenzie an afterthought? Why does such a higher percent of passes look like they are into tighter and tighter windows? Daboll is genius level at designing plays that puts a defense off balance and get guys open, even if a defense knows an offense will be pass first.

All of the players above have had forgettable plays and have been sloppy at times. Absolutely true. But I'm just not seeing the dynamic routes and play design. Where is the motion? Motion helps a QB understand the defense being played by how they react. I want to give my QB all the help I can whether it is Heineke or Mahomes.

When the run game stalled and defenses were teeing off on the pass, Dabs would call a Jet Sweep, end around or bubble screen, or he would go 4-5 wide and use a quick hit to slow a pass rush down, or generate a semblance of a run game. We don't see that this year.

This offense is terribly one dimensional and it is not innovative enough to impose it's will on better defenses. The hardest thing for a defense to do is make an offense one dimensional and then shut it down. The Bills do that for opponents on its own. Very little is being done to keep opposing defenses off balance.

Lastly, If a team brackets Diggs and spies Allen, there is no steady third option. Like the guy's point of view or not, Beasley was always a steady option to go if a D tried to take Diggs out and slow down Allen's run threat. Many many games that happened and Dabs went to quick hits to Beasley in the slot to get things going. Bease is not here, and I am not advocating he should have been here, but no replacement has stepped up. Some of that is on the players. Some of that is on the OC not utilizing what he has and using it more effectively.

That's right.

Dorsey is the problem !

Dorsey is running his BS U of Miami college offense and defenses are starting to figure it out.

FIRE DORSEY!!!!

Davis, he doesn’t look good doing anything besides catching deep passes. I’m more conflicted on Knox. He’s flashed potential ever since joining this team, and looks the part. I’m not convinced he’s given an adequate opportunity to show much. There isn’t enough for me to asses. Allen can’t force passes to Knox, but it seems like this team doesn’t use the tight end position as a safety valve like most modern offenses. There’s no emphasis on getting the ball to Knox. 

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

That's right.

Dorsey is the problem !

Dorsey is running his BS U of Miami college offense and defenses are starting to figure it out.

FIRE DORSEY!!!!

Not saying fire Dorsey, I am saying the coaching staff needs to sit down and evaluate the situation and figure out how to be less one dimensional.

I realize that a defense allowing 20 points to a team in a week is doing pretty good...and yet!

I also realize that the Buffalo Bills defense is ranked in the top 5 and nearly #1...and yet!

Do they play scared? Are they so afraid of giving up a big play they refuse to switch out of the Nickle defense or substitute in bigger players to stop the run? Change things up when the situation calls for it?

That last Jets series, 13 plays, 86 yards for 6:10, a FG. The Bills did sack Wilson 2x but he played probably his best game in the league against that supposed top 5 Buffalo defense. The Patriots made the kid look lost the week before.

If Von Miller doesn't collapse that entire side of the Packers offense on that 4th down play is it a different game?

Leslie Frazier gets my vote for biggest disappointment so far, JMO 

Lastly, Cole Beasley where are you?   Man, this team is really missing that first down maker right now! Somebody needs to step into that role and step up, "Lil Dirty", Shakir (was he even active last game?) Hines,...OBJ?

• Disagree 1

Davis is definitely not 100%. He’s had a few subpar games but I’m not ready to say he’s  a disappointment. You don't do what he did in KC last season on the biggest stage and not be capable. He’ll be fine. 

I’m more disappointed in our inability to find a consistent slot guy. Beasley was so clutch for us especially on 3rd downs and we haven’t found a guy to replace him. Thought McKenzie was going to be the guy but he hasn’t shown much. It’s still early though and we’re 6-2. We still have time to figure it out 

I think the disappointment is the whole team letting the SB favorite talk getting into their heads and treating the Jets game like it was going to be an easy victory by just showing up.

Everything that everyone is mentioning is correctable.

I’m not panicking. Throw the Jets loss behind them and just concentrate on beating the Vikings. Also, treat the Vikings like they’re a threat, not some also ran.

All assuming Allen is playing.

Gabe Davis by far.  I thought he was going to step into the "Reggie Wayne" #2 roll on a high-flying pass attack.  The guy is pretty much a deep touchdown catch or a horrible drop.  Nothing in between.  He hasn't even been a factor in the red zone this year, which is baffling.

Isaiah McKenzie was always a wildcard.  I figured he was going to be a backup to Jamison Crowder, and was surprised when he won the job in training camp.  The injury to Crowder was a much bigger problem than most would have guessed.  I don't understand why Khalil Shakir hasn't taken the job yet.

Dawson Knox is a total mystery to me.  He signs a big extension, then completely disappears from the offense.  It's not like he's dropping passes.  We clearly need an underneath threat, but he's just not doing anything at all.  

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gabe Davis make that damn catch! Hit in the #s 

Davis also dropped a touchdown pass against Miami.

If he catches that deep ball on Sunday, we are in field goal position and have a legitimate chance to win the game.

So it's not a real stretch to say Davis played a significant role in both of our losses.  He's been a huge disappointment this season, and the main reason OBJ has gone from a luxury signing to a must.

• Agree 2

Lots and lots of doom and gloom on here and rightly so but in the end this all comes down to making a few key plays in the clutch late in the fourth quarter or on a final drive when the game is on the line. We’re 6-2 and in BOTH games we had the ball and the opportunity to win the game and failed. It’s a real problem. The Bills got the ball with two minutes remaining on Sunday, and while they had no timeouts they ended up not needing them because they couldn’t pick up a single first down. Not good! 

You’re not going to beat everyone by two touchdowns. You have to learn how to win close games like against the Jets and Dolphins. This week’s opponent, the Vikings, are 7-1 partly because they’re getting it done in the clutch. It’s about winning! 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:33 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

I agree with your list. I’d like to include an honorable mention with Knox. Not sure what happened to him this year, he’s been a ghost at times when we need him to take a game over. So jealous of KC having Kelce. 

Is it Knox or is it Dorsey?

I'm going to say Knox.  Dude had a breakout year last year and now that he got paid, he's basically just been a body on the field.  He can't be helping with the pass blocking, because Allen is still having to scramble and getting hit.  Davis has been disappointing, but at least he's made some big plays this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.