Who has been the biggest disappointment?

Milanos Milano

Offense: Isaiah McKenzie.

Many people on this board said he could replace Cole Beasley easily. I have not seen that. Would like to see Khalil Shakir get more snaps.

Defense: Boogie Basham. Only in his second year, but has not done much of anything, unlike his fellow draft mate Greg Rousseau. I've seen more from AJ Epenesa this year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills biggest disappointment to me the Bills fans that are whining we are 6-2 not 2-6. Again the Bills just need to get to the playoff tournament healthy that is all that matters. If the Bills go 17-0 in the regular season and we get knock out in the first round of the playoffs it means nothing regular season losses don’t really matter. That game was the New York Jets Super Bowl the way they were carrying on after the game with snow Angels and there cheerleading head coach. The Jets most likely won’t even make the playoffs so keep that in mind Bills fans the bigger picture there is a whole second half of the season to go in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Same thing was said about Miami. 

“It’s the other teams Super Bowl” You can’t keep using that excuse, that’s coping. 

it’s literally what KC fans say when the Bills have beat them. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Joe B pointed out, and it's a fair point, even WR1's would struggle going up against Alexander and Sauce in consecutive weeks.  

That being said, I don't even know what Gabe does for us aside from go routes... anything else involving him looks disastrous, both with him attacking the ball and Allen trying to get it to him. 

Gabe's role is compounded by the fact that McKenzie is literally useless out there.  We do not currently have a slot receiver.  For a team running heavy 11 personnel, that's a massive problem. 

I just don't know what we were trying to do in this game.  Mckenzie short stuff starts working on a drive, then its hold the ball - sack, deep shot, deep shot, punt.  1st down on their side of the field was just screaming to run into that 2 high look and allen holds it and gets sacked again.  

Joe B pointed out, and it's a fair point, even WR1's would struggle going up against Alexander and Sauce in consecutive weeks.  

That being said, I don't even know what Gabe does for us aside from go routes... anything else involving him looks disastrous, both with him attacking the ball and Allen trying to get it to him. 

Agreed. Just posted this photo in another thread but I suppose it belongs here as well. You HAVE to catch this. Allen put it right in your bread basket.

gabe.png

Gabe's role is compounded by the fact that McKenzie is literally useless out there.  We do not currently have a slot receiver.  For a team running heavy 11 personnel, that's a massive problem. 

We sure could use Crowder right now.

Davis has been the biggest disappointment for me, and it’s not even close. Never had high expectations for McKenzie..  but truly felt Gabe would be dominant this year. 

I want to say Knox too, but really seems they have him blocking a lot vs using him like Kelce. 

There are players I'm disappointed aren't performing well and there are players I'm disappointed that I assumed correctly would be a disappointment. In no order and including both categories:

Dawkins

Saffold

Morse

Bates

McKenzie

Knox

Moss

Cook

Epenesa

Basham

Bernard

Bass

• Haha (+1) 1

Billie Buffalo…have you seen him do anything at away games?….totally out played by the other mascots….until he is gone the Bills will never win the super bowl…oh wait now I know where the cigarette man is hiding

Edited by entropyrules
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

For me it’s a tie between Davis and McKenzie. If it wasn’t for Diggs being the dawg that he is, we’d be in deep trouble. When we face good secondaries, we have nobody that can take over a game when Diggs is taken out. It’s depressing because I though Davis could be that dude after the KC game last year. What is even more maddening is Shakir has shown flashes and yet he doesn’t get the playing time he deserves over McKenzie. It blows my mind that you have an elite QB and you can’t even get 50 yards a game. McKenzie has been an absolute soul crusher. 

Knox. I really thought this was the year he would enter the upper echelon of his position, but other than a couple key catches and the game winner against KC he’s been very underwhelming. I feel like having an effective outlet would really help Allen a ton. It’s unfortunate they didn’t hold onto OJ Howard.

17 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Same thing was said about Miami. 

“It’s the other teams Super Bowl” You can’t keep using that excuse, that’s coping. 

it’s literally what KC fans say when the Bills have beat them. 

While the Bills have been focused on building to beat the Chiefs, teams in the AFC East have been building to beat Buffalo.

• Agree 1

Knox, though I'm not sure it's his fault.

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The fans for not believing in their team

Do you just want to say "Praise Buffalo!" every post, and then read a bunch of responses saying "Praise Buffalo!"

This isn't some sort of church.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.