Who has been the biggest disappointment?

Milanos Milano

1. Davis: Inconsistent: makes a great highlight film play that makes you wanna pay him tens of millions than he disappears for stretches and drops passes

2. Knox: Yes, he's got some heavy grief to deal with so I don't know if this is on him, Josh, or Dorsey, but we are not using him as per his new contract suggests we should
3. Josh: one and a half games of crap. I didn't expect him to be stellar all year, but didn't expect games like yesterday ever to come back either. 

4. Frazier's D (as per the Jet's only): highly concerning that playing a young QB who is proven to be poor against pressure that we can't pressure him or limit a run game that consistently gashed us and ate up clock. Stack the box and let the kid beat you with his arm.

I believe 1 may get fixed but not hopeful; 2 has a good chance of getting fixed; 3 will almost certainly improve; and 4 will likely get back to a top-5 D sometime soon though we've seen a reluctance by this team to stack the box so I'm not super hopeful we adjust to that in the future.

• Agree 1

On defense I would say Oliver. I know he was hurt early in the year but the impact that was expected playing alongside Miller has simply not been there so far and he's been outplayed by Phillips. Still time to turn it on but it's now or never with him.

On offense Knox for sure given the questionable extension in hindsight, also McKenzie needs to be off this team ASAP and is as worthless as it gets. Any idea he would be a replacement for Beasely is/was ludicrous in the first place.

Also both Saffold and Bates are not getting the job done and guard very well may be this teams biggest need in the offseason.

Edited by FilthyBeast

It's hard to call the offensive line a disappointment when we knew it would be bad coming in.

Mackenzie and Gabe are critical disappointments. We need their contributions and we don't have it. We have to go to Shakir now, but it might be unreasonable to assume he can help as much as we need.

Knox/Dorsey's TE use... I don't know who is responsible here but we're not seeing enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

It's hard to call the offensive line a disappointment when we knew it would be bad coming in.

Mackenzie and Gabe are critical disappointments. We need their contributions and we don't have it. We have to go to Shakir now, but it might be unreasonable to assume he can help as much as we need.

Knox/Dorsey's TE use... I don't know who is responsible here but we're not seeing enough. 

Like mind blowingly bad. Imagine having a top 2 elite QB and Diggs to draw double teams and yet you fail to average 50 yards a game. It’s disturbing. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Like mind blowingly bad. Imagine having a top 2 elite QB and Diggs to draw double teams and yet you fail to average 50 yards a game. It’s disturbing. 

Hopes pinned on a shift to Shakir from McKenzie, OBJ as a possession receiver, and Davis for the deep shots. 😬

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Joe B pointed out, and it's a fair point, even WR1's would struggle going up against Alexander and Sauce in consecutive weeks.  

That being said, I don't even know what Gabe does for us aside from go routes... anything else involving him looks disastrous, both with him attacking the ball and Allen trying to get it to him. 

Gabe's role is compounded by the fact that McKenzie is literally useless out there.  We do not currently have a slot receiver.  For a team running heavy 11 personnel, that's a massive problem. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Joe B pointed out, and it's a fair point, even WR1's would struggle going up against Alexander and Sauce in consecutive weeks.  

That being said, I don't even know what Gabe does for us aside from go routes... anything else involving him looks disastrous, both with him attacking the ball and Allen trying to get it to him. 

Gabe's role is compounded by the fact that McKenzie is literally useless out there.  We do not currently have a slot receiver.  For a team running heavy 11 personnel, that's a massive problem. 

Which is why I can’t understand why we don’t put Shakir in the slot. Nothing can be worse than what McKenzie has been doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Coordinators both sides of the ball are disappointments to me. 
Teams have been figuring out how to shut down one dimensional, high powered O’s since last season. Bracket the #1, put best cb on #2 and pressure the qb. Dorsey moved Diggs around a lot, got rid of the ball fast earlier this season and didn’t give up on attempting to run. 
Defense, hard to say if injuries are again limiting our abilities or stubbornness. One could say using db’s to stop a pounding running game is going to cause more injuries, seems to be some truth there. Refusal to put bigger body line backers in there and risk giving up yards through the air is a terrifying thought, even when it’s ZW at QB from what it seemed yesterday.

To call out any one player seems unjust. Lack of ability to be a fluid team on either side of the ball is my culprit. 

• Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Which is why I can’t understand why we don’t put Shakir in the slot. Nothing can be worse than what McKenzie has been doing. 

Completely agree.  Allen and McKenzie have zero chemistry right now.  Even if McKenzie runs a good route, I don't even know that Allen will look his way.  He's certainly not even remotely close to trusting McKenzie enough to make tight window throws which is quite the problem if you're a slot receiver working short to intermediate areas of the field.

Shakir has better hands and give us much more vertical ability down the field.   ...and maybe it doesn't work, maybe Shakir isn't ready, but we are literally getting nothing as it is.  It's worth a shot on a guy that is viewed as the eventual long term Slot WR on this team. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Coordinators both sides of the ball are disappointments to me. 
Teams have been figuring out how to shut down one dimensional, high powered O’s since last season. Bracket the #1, put best cb on #2 and pressure the qb. Dorsey moved Diggs around a lot, got rid of the ball fast earlier this season and didn’t give up on attempting to run. 
Defense, hard to say if injuries are again limiting our abilities or stubbornness. One could say using db’s to stop a pounding running game is going to cause more injuries, seems to be some truth there. Refusal to put bigger body line backers in there and risk giving up yards through the air is a terrifying thought, even when it’s ZW at QB from what it seemed yesterday.

To call out any one player seems unjust. Lack of ability to be a fluid team on either side of the ball is my culprit. 

I said almost the same exact thing, but focused on offense. The offense has become one dimensional. Easy to stop.

Stupid to run a Nickel base when behind or in a 1 score game, especially with 3/5 of your starting DBs out. Poyer has taken 2-3 years of punishment playing S/LB, and so has Hyde and Taron Johnson. 2 of the 3 are 30+ and now missing time. Can't imagine why.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Agree 1

For me it’s the O-line and Dorsey, because as good as our record is we have become predictable and QBcentric with limited talent at receiver and O-line. If Josh didn’t have incredible escapability and improvisational skills we’re a 500 team. Just a suggestion, stop exposing our generational QB to serious injury and establish the run to give the defense something to account for.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Serious question. 

Is it that Dorsey isn't scheming guys open?  Or is it that Josh Allen isn't seeing them/pulling the trigger but instead is always trying to take the most aggressive deepest option? (or maybe he doesn't trust his underneath guys).

I haven't watched a lot of all-22 this year, since NFL broke the interface (anyone know how I can get it with the old interface LMK).  But when I have watched, or when I watch some of the film breakdowns guys like Kurt Warner and Cover1 put out there, what I see is that there are often several guys who are open or coming open, but Josh seems fixed on taking the deepest option even if it is well covered or if the safety is in position to get over and double the coverage.

My access to All22 is also limited. I look at it like a business. I am the executive of a publicly traded firm. I have 3 or so teams working under me. My org is running like a top. One of my assistants takes a promotion out of the organization. Good for him/her. I promote a new assistant within. There is light turnover in the ranks (Beasley/ Sanders) but we bring in new folks with a good resume (Crowder) and hire some new talent with skills I think will help the team (Cook/ Shakir). Most of the unit is still together. All of a sudden my shift leader (Allen) is making some questionable decisions, a handful of my young up and comers are failing to meet expectations, much less past performance (Davis/ Knox/ McKenzie). None of the new talent is adding value to the team (Crowder/ Cook/ Shakir).

We are still a leading org, but our competition is eating way our margins (0-2 in the division).

Do all of my past and new employees stink? Did they all forget how to do their jobs? Can I no longer evaluate new talent to bring in? Or is it the assistant manager? It takes some time and adjustment for that new manager to get everyone on board and get back up to speed. A good executive and assistant would sit down and go over a few things.

Are there other factors at play? Are people missing time? (Crowder/Brown) Are analysts projections within reason? (fan and media expectations) Has my competition changed? (Yes Miami and NY have improved). Do I need to diversify? (Too focused on the pass). How do we offset that? How do we counter as an organization?

The only new wrinkle I have seen from Dorsey is the deployment of 6 OL on a semi-regular basis. I believe Hart was brought in as an extra lineman on 11 offensive snaps versus Green Bay! Was the run game a success? No. If the run game is off how else are the Bills manufacturing a semblance of a run? How about a screen pass out of the 6 OL set? How about a jet sweep to the strong side of an imbalanced 6 man OL?

Where are the 4-5 wide sets? Where is the motion? Where are the jet sweeps/ draws/ bubble screens and screen passes?

The Bills have scored 26 TDs (Sales/ contracts). Am I going to blame the guy who manufactured 23 of those? That is ridiculous. Cook 1, McKenzie 1, Milano 1 for those keeping score at home. What do I have to do to help that guy or take some of the stress off of him?

How do I get my new assistant manager help my top performer from cracking under the stress? Other people have to contribute. How do we do that?

The Buffalo Bills biggest disappointment to me the Bills fans that are whining we are 6-2 not 2-6. Again the Bills just need to get to the playoff tournament healthy that is all that matters. If the Bills go 17-0 in the regular season and we get knock out in the first round of the playoffs it means nothing regular season losses don’t really matter. That game was the New York Jets Super Bowl the way they were carrying on after the game with snow Angels and there cheerleading head coach. The Jets most likely won’t even make the playoffs so keep that in mind Bills fans the bigger picture there is a whole second half of the season to go in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.