Knox lack of involvement

JMM

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Explain Knox’s past production then? Before he was playing like a top 10 TE, now he’s just a guy.

He’s nowhere near 100% 

I’m watching him close.  There was one play today along the sideline he got up and you could tell he was doing everything he could to not limp and show he was hurting.   

I think he’s still dealing with a foot/ankle issue 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Like @Dablitzkrieg said, he’s not be asked to run the same routes as last year. 

Maybe it’s time to start turning him loose    and use him as a weapon instead of a catch-all

It's not like he was a reception and yardage monster at the position last year either though. I think we were all wanting and expecting a lot more receptions and yards out of him this year compared to last. At this point we will just be happy if he can match last years average per game receiving and yardage totals moving forward. Same thing with Davis. Both guys were supposed to have breakout seasons. The fact that we haven't had a single one really breakout this year is a problem. Diggs can't do it all. Look at what Waddle is doing as a second fiddle to Hill. 

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s nowhere near 100% 

I’m watching him close.  There was one play today along the sideline he got up and you could tell he was doing everything he could to not limp and show he was hurting.   

I think he’s still dealing with a foot/ankle issue 

Thats a trend in his career at this point.  Along with disappearing.  Overpaid contract imo

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, I read through the thread. 

My point is that there have been many occasions, especially during the first 3 or 4 games where Knox was lining up as an H-Back and lining up on the line.

Considerably more than last year. There is no denying that.

Now that looks to have changed over the last few weeks, but Knox is not having the same type of season that he had before.

While the loss of his brother probably has had a huge mental impact on him, I do not think it is preventing him from giving his all when he's on the field.

He hasn’t lost any  meaningful snaps in the slot. He’s also on pace to have his second best year of his career. 

Maybe he’s having a down year? But it’s not because he isn’t running routes at any lower rate. It’s likely a combination of Knox injury, family, and Josh. Not to mention Daboll nor Dorsey runs a TE centric offense.

It’s also worth noting that I don’t think Knox has ever been the TE that fans have been yearning for in Buffalo. He’s certainly physically gifted thought 

6 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

It would be good if someone with All 22 can answer this. Josh saw him in the past though... So it is he offensive scheming now?

As the season has gone on Allen seems to have a bit more tunnel vision and spreads the ball out less. Not to mention the last two weeks have been really bad QB play. 

I am willing to bet it’s the QB right now. 

I do think that they need to involve Knox & the other TE's more in the game plan i think Gilliam & Morris when both have played have proven to be very trust worthy as pass catchers & we know Knox is but they don't use those guys enough & need to develop them into the offense more if they want a championship .

Sure the offense revolves around Josh but use ALL of the weapons you have at your disposal not just some of them especially when things don't seem to be going as planned like yesterday's game .

• Like (+1) 1

Jacksonville dumps it off to Engram in the flats all the time and he does damage getting yards after the catch. I think Knox would be really good at the same thing. We do however do that with other players so it's not like we're not doing it.

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Explain Knox’s past production then? Before he was playing like a top 10 TE, now he’s just a guy.

to be fair, he had less than 600 yards but a ton of touchdowns.

the touchdowns are not great predictors of future success. 

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would have to put some blame on josh and Dorsey. He’s locked onto Diggs and nothing wrong with that. But he’s not willing to play the 10-15 yard part of the field unless it’s an RPO and it’s been a fail most times he throws to Davis on those. He’s 15+ down the field or running or throwing it to the backs. 
I haven’t watched close enough to know how many crossing routes are ran. It seems we have a lot more RPO this year and Knox is never involved for that as a receiver obviously. They are going to need to tweak some things. 

The play that nearly led to a third Josh INT, the ball was forced to Diggs when Knox was wide open over the middle.  Josh wasn't taking what the D was giving him yesterday.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

People got way too excited about 9 TD's "leading the league in TE TD's".  A bunch of those were little flips and whatnot when Allen is making it all happen.  Having said that, I think we need patience here, he lost his brother and has had some injuries, they really need to target him some more.

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

We have a Tight End Disability that goes back 50 years. 

If Kelce was a Bill he would catch 2 balls per game for 9 yards

K-Gun was named after a TE

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

The play that nearly led to a third Josh INT, the ball was forced to Diggs when Knox was wide open over the middle.  Josh wasn't taking what the D was giving him yesterday.

So was Shakir 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I am giving Knox a pass this year. No telling what he is going through mentally losing his brother. 

Why play a guy if he's not there mentally? 

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

K-Gun was named after a TE

So was Shakir 

Why play a guy if he's not there mentally? 

Who else you playing, Sweeney?  And Sometimes being with the football family and just playing helps get through it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.