Bills are Now Out of the Spotlight

BuffaloBaumer

All good because i was never comfortable with the Bills being the #1 Super Bowl favorite. It’s tough being the team with a target on your back all season. Stick that pressure on Kansas City or Miami or Cinci.  

Now they will have to regroup and get scrappy. Stop feeling themselves and being distracted during the week. Coaches need to get this right too.  Start pushing the right buttons.  I like our chances next week coming off a rough loss and Minnesota coming off a big come from behind win. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

This team trounced the rams and the titans when they were 99% healthy.

I hate to say the health of this team is everything.

Keep in mind the Jet are a MUCH better football team than the Rams, this season.

1 hour ago, julian said:

Patriots are still the class if the east, Dolphins and Jets have both passed the Bills in talent, coaching and QB play 

LOL.

That's just an absurd statement.  And wrong to boot.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

They were starting to fade over the last few weeks and now I think the spotlight will officially shift to the Dolphins in our division. I think this will be a very good thing because for some reason or another, they just seem to crumble when everything is going perfectly.

It’s time for the players and coaches to hit reset and reassess their goals. They need to concentrate on winning the division and figure out home-field and everything else that follows after that. 

Let’s forget about all the commercials, all the trash talking, all the double digit pointspreads and get back to basic football. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just get out of the building with a one point victory.

Have the Bills ever actually focused on any of those things at any point? I never hear them talking trash during the week and I don’t think any of them care about the point spread (Calvin Ridley might though) and they had a 3 point victory in Baltimore but people still weren’t satisfied! 

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I heard he was all systems go. Cleared. Practiced. No problems. They made him a healthy scratch suggesting he’s ready but they decided against it. Jag off. 

Well apparently they didn’t think that he was ready to go do you know how I know this… He didn’t play

1 hour ago, julian said:

Patriots are still the class if the east, Dolphins and Jets have both passed the Bills in talent, coaching and QB play 

What a moronic post

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

This team trounced the rams and the titans when they were 99% healthy.

I hate to say the health of this team is everything.

I agree. Minus Micah, we need our full compliment of defensive players back and healthy. And it all starts with Milano, Tre & Poyer.  

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think the injuries in the secondary finally caught up to us. Not sure if that explains away the inability to stop the run.

The inability to stop the run is because our coaches refuse to adjust out of the nickel. 

This feels a lot like the "Hail Murray" point of the 2020 season.

The hype had started to die down at that point, and that game really put us under the radar.  Then we just tore through the league until late January.

Here's hoping we see a repeat.  The pressure of being the "inevitable" SB champ is real, and a distraction. Now, they can just play some football.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Apparently they didn’t need Tre. Bad call by this staff. 

Honestly, would you rather have Tre or Poyer and Hyde? Bc the results tell me Poyer and Hyde are more valuable to our defense than Tre. And I think Tre is a great corner. But he’s not as valuable in this defense as they want you to believe…

I don't think they're out of the spotlight though, sorry. Next week looks to be the most exciting game of the week, and Josh seemingly has half a dozen new commercials. There's also too many talking heads on the bandwagon.

Edited by Nelius
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

This feels a lot like the "Hail Murray" point of the 2020 season.

The hype had started to die down at that point, and that game really put us under the radar.  Then we just tore through the league until late January.

Here's hoping we see a repeat.  The pressure of being the "inevitable" SB champ is real, and a distraction. Now, they can just play some football.

Lets be real, more than ever this year, anything short of Super Bowl is disappointing.  That Arizona loss stung but this feels like a knock down punch in terms of confidence and just exposure of our shortcomings. Not TKOd but we need to show something this next week even if it’s just not turning the ball over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't know if the oddsmakers' Super Bowl favorite (which we still are) will be falling out of the spotlight anytime soon, but it's pathetic for Bills fans to yearn for fawning national media coverage anyway.  Or to slurp up any morsel that is given to them.  Remember when SNL made a skit about Jets Fans, not about the Bills who were only incidental to the skit, and everyone was so happy and praised the obnoxious SNL skit? "We've made the big time!" - lol

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

And they probably will. They'll probably go on a run like they have in the past. They'll probably have momentum going into the playoffs like they have in the past. They'll probably be considered one of the best teams in the league, like they still are right now and have been in the past.

Woah, big surprise, right?

And fans will act like it's some kind of new development when it's not.

"It must've been because the spotlight was taken off them!"

Yeah? Really?

In my eyes, injuries is the real storyline right now. Pretty much the only true storyline. That's the actual struggle these players are going through. Not focus.

Where does the doubt come from that they won't adjust? I don't understand it. 

Injuries are the story of the 2022 Bills, its honestly amazing we have won as many as we have.  Not sure I ever saw a worse week 3 injury report and its been more of the same since.  Each week it seemes we have 25% of our original starters out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.