Bills are Now Out of the Spotlight

BuffaloBaumer

They were starting to fade over the last few weeks and now I think the spotlight will officially shift to the Dolphins in our division. I think this will be a very good thing because for some reason or another, they just seem to crumble when everything is going perfectly.

It’s time for the players and coaches to hit reset and reassess their goals. They need to concentrate on winning the division and figure out home-field and everything else that follows after that. 

Let’s forget about all the commercials, all the trash talking, all the double digit pointspreads and get back to basic football. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just get out of the building with a one point victory.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Same thing happened last season, the spotlight quickly moved to the Pats. 

This division could really wind up being a 4 team race, like the AFC West was supposed to be.

I appreciate the irony of us all cheering on the brutal path for KC in the AFCW, only for our division to become the juggernaut.  

Good times.  Just amazing stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

They were starting to fade over the last few weeks and now I think the spotlight will officially shift to the Dolphins in our division. I think this will be a very good thing because for some reason or another, they just seem to crumble when everything is going perfectly.

It’s time for the players and coaches to hit reset and reassess their goals. They need to concentrate on winning the division and figure out home-field and everything else that follows after that. 

Let’s forget about all the commercials, all the trash talking, all the double digit pointspreads and get back to basic football. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just get out of the building with a one point victory.

They aren’t crumbling, it’s a long season. Every team has ups and downs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Couldn't disagree with you more.  Miami will get a lot of talk, but the Bills will still be talked about throughout the season and playoffs.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Bills need to hope the high draft picks they've spent on defense start to pay dividends because the lack of weapons on offense and bad oline play is starting to look worse and worse.

Totally agree, the Defense will be fine when some of the injured players come back but our office is getting worse by the week.

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I appreciate the irony of us all cheering on the brutal path for KC in the AFCW, only for our division to become the juggernaut.  

Good times.  Just amazing stuff. 

Typical luck for us. We were supposed to be on top of a dumpster fire whilst the four in AFC West destroyed each other. Instead it’s the other way round. It’d be nice if we had three dreadful teams to face annually like the Pats at their peak.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If dolphins and jets win next week and the bills lose, they are in third place

Jets are on bye next week. Bills can go ahead a game with a win against the Vikings.

Dolphins may be in the spotlight but eventually they will play a team they can't beat up on and move out of it. Allowing Justin Fields to carve you up for 32 points is indefensible.

Edited by What a Tuel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.