Is it time to consider another kicker?

SydneyBillsFan

28 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

In both our losses this year (both by 3 or less), Bass has missed some gettable field goals. There was zero wind today, and the miss against Miami was from 30-odd yards if I recall correctly. There were also a few close games last year where he missed field goals.

It just seems to me that he is a factor in all our close losses. Kicking field goals and PAT's in blow outs is not that critical. 

We need a kicker to be good in the close ones.

Not calling for his head, and the loss today is not necessarily on him but I am concerned as I think this is becoming a pattern.

Is it time to get a New QB?  

both losses by less than 6 points. And the QB couldn’t manage to lead scoring drives. 

we need a QB to be good in the close ones. 

not calling for his head, and the loss today is not necessarily on him. But I am concerned as I think this is becoming a pattern. 

see what I did there.  And this post is as meaningless as yours. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Bass is 12 / 15 for the year on FGs with misses of 38 (Dolphins), 49 (Steelers), and 55 (Jets).

It's not a stretch to say that Bass cost us both the Dolphins and the Jets games. Although it's probably not fair to blame him when the misses happened early in the games and so many other players made costly mistakes. 

The kick offs out of bounds are a concern as well, but I blame that on coaching. Can we please stop ***** around with these high, short kicks and just have Bass boot it for a touchback? 

I don't think we're at the point where we need to consider dropping Bass this season, but I do think Beane will have some pondering to do this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

Omg what is going on here with this forum tonight?! LOL

I usually don’t come on TBD after a loss but the only other topic on social media seems to be the midterms and I want to escape from that stuff. I guess I can go to the adult websites and fortunately that is like 95% of the rest of internet so I will see you all on Thursday or Friday. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

In both our losses this year (both by 3 or less), Bass has missed some gettable field goals. There was zero wind today, and the miss against Miami was from 30-odd yards if I recall correctly. There were also a few close games last year where he missed field goals.

It just seems to me that he is a factor in all our close losses. Kicking field goals and PAT's in blow outs is not that critical. 

Not calling for his head, and the loss today is not necessarily on him but I am concerned as I think this is becoming a pattern.

Funny thing, he’s been perfect in our close wins.  We have bigger problems that blaming the loss on Bass’ missed 55 yard FG, which is essentially a coin flip (which somehow we never seem to win either).

What guy off the street will give you more confidence from 55 yards?? The kickoff out of bounds was bad, I’ll give you that, but I feel like the Bills try more with their kickoffs than any other team in the league. I think it’s actually pretty impressive how often he has that ball come up just short of the goal line and puts it on one side of the field 

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I don’t mind a missed fg here and there but the kickoffs that go out of bounds is infuriating 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.