Can we talk about how 2 teams in a row ran it down our throat...

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Idk what you are saying. I want Milano and Dodson on the field. I don’t think that would kill us at all. Our defense has been fine when Edmunds is out. I think Dodson is better then Edmunds 

Edmunds was best player on D today.   Smh

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

The bend but don't break defense works if your offense doesn't throw a red zone int and let your opponent establish their game plan. The defense is designed to beat teams like we did the titans. Offense scores and goes up early forcing teams to abandon the run, and make qbs like wilson/ tannehill beat you with his arm. Bend but don't break defenses aren't meant for ground and pound with a low scoring offense. Not to mention an int that gave the jets excellent feild position, and gave our defense no rest.

We were up 14-3 and let the Jets cram the ball down our throats.

• Like (+1) 1

We should have been committing to stopping the Jest run game for the whole of the 2nd half, but we only did so at the rear end of their winning FG drive.

Similarly with the Packers, we stuck to our base D way too much. Now, with Rodgers under center for the Pack, it's not entirely unreasonable, and the end result, certainly was its own justification.

But please, against Wilson?

Stack the box and make him beat you with his arm. Which he hadn't done all game.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Literally anyone who can tackle?

There is nobody on the Bills roster you could replace Taron Johnson with and have a better defense.

The problem the last couple weeks hasn't been the nickel, the problem has been Jordan Phillips, Daquon Jones and even Von Miller spending too much time looking to play hero and too little effort playing a complete and physical game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Tremaine Edmunds may be one of my least favorite Bills of all time.  That said, you should be scoring more than 20 points when you have a top 5 player in the entire league running your offense.  A lot more worried about the offense right now.

But the O at least played a top 5 defense in my opinion.  

The D played a hot mess of an offense.

It’s pretty much a fact here.  If Milano or Poyer miss games we’re going to need to score 30 plus to win.   

I just want to know.. what do McD and Frazier need to have a defense that doesn’t have multiple games per year where they can’t stop the run?

An elite pass rusher?

Money spent on DT’s?

High picks on DE’s?

Two top tier LB’s?

A top tier Slot CB?

Top tier Safety?

RD1 Pick at CB?

Depth all over?

Oh, my bad, we were missing a LB & S… clearly we cannot expect this Defense to function with only 90% of the above. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Rookie corners 

2 new safeties 

No Milano 

A rookie LB started for him

Rousseau hurt in 1st half.  

Im stunned we only allowed 20

Their kicker made his 50 yarder. 

This game was going to be a slog.  Allen played bad and we lost.  

There will not be a running game to bail us out when he’s bad.

Because the RBs are average and the online is very average.   

Nailed it. 

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Edmunds was best player on D today.   Smh

A team running down your throat 7 straight plays with the game on the line from their own 10 is inexcusable. Every physical team can have whatever they want against our defense. This guy has been in the middle of it for years now. It’s on the Dline I’m not excusing them but at some point, a good MLB makes instinctive physical plays. This guy flat out doesn’t ever do that. Milano does constantly. I realize it’s not apples to apples with their positions but Edmunds does not get down hill and make instinctive plays. Try something else and see what it looks like. We can’t turn into tissue paper whenever Milano is out.

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

The bend but don't break defense works if your offense doesn't throw a red zone int and let your opponent establish their game plan. The defense is designed to beat teams like we did the titans. Offense scores and goes up early forcing teams to abandon the run, and make qbs like wilson/ tannehill beat you with his arm. Bend but don't break defenses aren't meant for ground and pound with a low scoring offense. Not to mention an int that gave the jets excellent feild position, and gave our defense no rest.

This exactly! Josh's INTs were absolutely killer for the momentum swings they gave the Jets. How bad would the Jets have felt if that initial botched KO would have resulted in an immediate TD. Instead that horrible Josh INT takes them off the hook. Same with that terrible fumble strip sack in the 3rd Q on Wilson. The Bills make a huge stop and turnover after a long exhausting drive and take a seat only for a horrible Josh pass to give them an INT and no rest. That was probably the play of the game and it was an unforced error.  If the Bills had gone up early and scored consecutively the whole game is different. The Jets would have panicked and made errors. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Even McD in his presser said we need to look at our run defense.  

I agree. But I think the problems are the D-line not winning. Earlier in the year, they were killing it. That allowed the LBs to feast. 

Today was a bit of an anomoly because the bills dlinemen were also held quite a bit. 

if there is any issue past the line, it is mostly with J. Johnson. Takes bad angles and misses too many tackles.

• Agree 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Someting has changed in the last two games.  Milano's absence may have been partially responsible today.

Last week I assumed we were a bit surprised at the Packers approach and decided to let them get on with it. The biggest concern is how many tackles we’re missing.

• Agree 1

Just now, 97bills said:

Edmunds has shown over and over he’s no help in stopping the run. 

wtf are you watching?

Edmunds may have had as many tackles today as the entire 8 man DLine rotation combined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.