Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do have any doubt that Minnesota prepared like Allen’s a full go??

I think it’s getting oversimplified how much the defensive scheme for Minnesota would change based on the bills qb. 

although I doubt they’re doing all this as smoke and mirrors to fool Minnesota.  Im sure they genuinely want to wait and see how Allen’s elbow is Sunday 

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

They could dress him but still start Keenum.  

Spains are tiny tears 

That wasn’t the spirit of the information. Most know sprains are tears. Ian Rapport made it sound more than just a sprain. My point is he has no idea. 

Edited by Paul Costa

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it’s getting oversimplified how much the defensive scheme for Minnesota would change based on the bills qb. 

although I doubt they’re doing all this as smoke and mirrors to fool Minnesota.  Im sure they genuinely want to wait and see how Allen’s elbow is Sunday 

Minnesotas scheme on defense is simple. 
Line up Zadarius Smith standing over center to rush. If it works he wrecks the game. If it doesn’t they struggle. 
In the 3-4 games I’ve watched anyways that’s been the story. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Poyer has been a major disappointment this year. 

What a stupid thing to say.

The guy has given his heart and soul to Buffalo, has been a primary culprit for the franchise's turnaround, and is emblematic of everything that's right with this team.

He understandably wanted a contract extension as he has outplayed the value of his contract and wants to be paid what he's worth and to get one last big contract which, most Bills fans would agree, he has absolutely earned. Despite not getting this contract, he has still kept his mouth shut, said and done all the right things, never missed a day of camp or practice, and has suited up through multiple injuries and played his heart out.

The only thing disappointing is fans like you saying crap like that.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The intelligent plan should be to keep Minnesota guessing right up to game time. Then announce Josh not playing.  Give him an additional 7 days of rest and treatment. Hope Keenum/Bass can generate 20 pts. Then ask your defense to "hold the door". Next week we get a 95% Josh and ask Tre to return. That should give them a boost for Cleveland. And because of Garrett, Josh's gameplan will be conservative. 

Well whoever starts the karma threads, blame me. Bitched and moaned since August about not having my electronic tickets to the company, opened a dispute with my CC company against them and just now got my tickets. 

I'm guessing the seller was waiting to see the status of Allen for the game and the reports are basically nothing but speculation. 

I had a lunch to go to last Sunday that coincided with the second half (I’m on the west coast, halftime is 11:40am or so). It was my mother in law’s birthday (my father in law apologized profusely for not checking the bills schedule). It’s the first time I’ve missed more than one or two snaps of a game in decades. 

Long story short, Josh’s elbow is my mother in law’s fault. 

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I had a lunch to go to last Sunday that coincided with the second half (I’m on the west coast, halftime is 11:40am or so). It was my mother in law’s birthday (my father in law apologized profusely for not checking the bills schedule). It’s the first time I’ve missed more than one or two snaps of a game in decades. 

Long story short, Josh’s elbow is my mother in law’s fault. 

That's alright man,  my in laws are crazy, and if you think they're bad you should see my wife's in laws!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

If what Will Caroll says is true -- and multiple people seem to think Caroll is a trustworthy source -- then Allen missing not only this week but possibly more games after that suddenly seems much more plausible. 

Multiple people are idiots.

Do you honestly think Allen would have trotted out there in practice without an arm brace and in pads for his first practice of the week with McDermott saying it's gone from day to day to hour to hour with him???

C'mon people 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The intelligent plan should be to keep Minnesota guessing right up to game time. Then announce Josh not playing.  Give him an additional 7 days of rest and treatment. Hope Keenum/Bass can generate 20 pts. Then ask your defense to "hold the door". Next week we get a 95% Josh and ask Tre to return. That should give them a boost for Cleveland. And because of Garrett, Josh's gameplan will be conservative. 

I can't friggin believe those of you who think that somehow a "surprise!!!" Case Keenum start is better than even a 75% Josh Allen... and I'm sure Josh Allen is closer to 100% than 75%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Poyer has been a major disappointment this year

You are so far off base. I don’t even know where to start. Yeah, I’m disappointed he got hurt (!) smashing into guys making interceptions with broken bones, while White/Hyde are out.

please, please just stop. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

23 of 25 though?

92% from your QB.  Willing to bet that's the highest rate in the NFL.

You are correct, it is a lot and by far. We don't typically run a lot on the goal line. It may actually be a reason for our redzone dilemma. Teams just know they have to get to Allen wherever he is.

Not an exact science since some of these qbs missed games/were replaced, but generally the way you claim it is.

image.thumb.png.3de75fdbf1086e73141ba3fcb07f9650.png

Edited by What a Tuel

Something I’ve been wondering over the past day or so.

How would the Vikes  preparing to have to face Allen, then in reality on gameday facing Keenum, put them at a disadvantage?  Are there really a ton of new wrinkles that we’re going to be able to have in our playbook now?

To me that’s like studying really hard for an advanced physics exam in college and then the actual exam is 5 open-book questions where you can plug and chug simple numbers into Newton’s Law.  Okay, maybe not THAT extreme, but still.

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The avalanche of defensive injuries is my concern really…I think we would’ve won this game pretty comfortably no matter the qb if the defense was a little less banged up 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.