Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

14 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

There is no longer a "doubtful" designation. There is "questionable" and "out". And, of course Josh is currently questionable. Looked for the link to show the rules, couldn't find it. But, I know I heard it on WGR the other day and looking at the injury report, those are the only two used anywhere so I'm quite sure it's correct.

I doubt you're right.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

McDermott's been trying to keep Minnesota guessing who will be at QB. Think it looks pretty certain it will be Keenum. I'd say Cleveland is 50/50 and, if he misses that and Keenum looks alright, Josh will miss the trip to Detroit too.

Don't even think about it. It's not Thanksgiving if we don't get to see Josh and Diggs eating a turkey leg or some turducken after the game.

48 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

McDermott's been trying to keep Minnesota guessing who will be at QB. Think it looks pretty certain it will be Keenum. I'd say Cleveland is 50/50 and, if he misses that and Keenum looks alright, Josh will miss the trip to Detroit too.

Disagree.  I think it's josh.  Looks at the videos at end of practice.  He worked up a good sweat and had now sleeve on (he picked up and ran off field)    he's playing. 

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really hate the anxiety over this situation.

On one hand not expecting JA17 to play despite the 4D chess moves from McD, but also getting the nausea and overall feeling of unease knowing this team is probably not going to win against a good Vikings team with Keenam starting.

As much as I unreasonably exploded over last week's defeat, a loss in week nine against the Vikings is manageable. Even losing to Cleveland is.

I think we have to forget about the number one seed now with the injuries we have and just aim for the play offs. At that point, anything can happen.

• Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Common sense say Josh isn't missing 3 weeks if he's practicing even in a limited basis today

You may want to check Elam's designation this week

He's not.  He's not practicing in front of media.  Big difference.  He practiced with red jersey on.   We don't know how limited he was. 

45 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

There is no longer a "doubtful" designation. There is "questionable" and "out". And, of course Josh is currently questionable. Looked for the link to show the rules, couldn't find it. But, I know I heard it on WGR the other day and looking at the injury report, those are the only two used anywhere so I'm quite sure it's correct.

The Bills list Elam as doubtful this week.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Disagree.  I think it's josh.  Looks at the videos at end of practice.  He worked up a good sweat and had now sleeve on (he picked up and ran off field)    he's playing. 

McDermott will pull rank if need be, even if it results in Josh fuming with a clipboard in hand.

56 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Incorrect.  You would know that just by looking at todays injury report where Elam is "doubtful."  They removed "probable" not "doubtful."

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - LP at Friday's practice)
1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Yes there is a "doubtful" designation.  Elam is actually doubtful for this game.  There is no longer a "probable" designation is what I think you meant to say.

Bulldog and Schopp are insufferable on this today.

Schopp saying that we know everything we need to know about this injury.

And Bulldog talking about he would sit him out for two weeks.

We don’t know anything about the injury.

Grade 1, Grade 2, just the nerve, you’ve got Twitter people say small tear, PMP shots. 

Originally it was just going to be an injury to monitor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

There is literally NO evidence of this being even close to the truth.  Josh practiced today.

You may as well be Dr. Chao on Twitter who is paid by FanDuel to pontificate on player injuries without any hands on evaluation of the patient.

All of the speculation is ridiculous.

I think Josh will be a game time decision on Sunday, and I’ll be mildly surprised if he doesn’t play.  Missing three games?  Preposterous based upon what we’ve actually seen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, eball said:

There is literally NO evidence of this being even close to the truth.  Josh practiced today.

You may as well be Dr. Chao on Twitter who is paid by FanDuel to pontificate on player injuries without any hands on evaluation of the patient.

All of the speculation is ridiculous.

I think Josh will be a game time decision on Sunday, and I’ll be mildly surprised if he doesn’t play.  Missing three games?  Preposterous based upon what we’ve actually seen.

bored d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bulldog and Schopp are insufferable on this today.

Schopp saying that we know everything we need to know about this injury.

And Bulldog talking about he would sit him out for two weeks.

We don’t know anything about the injury.

Grade 1, Grade 2, just the nerve, you’ve got Twitter people say small tear, PMP shots. 

Originally it was just going to be an injury to monitor. 

We do. There is no possible way he would be questionable today with anything more serious than a very mild Grade I sprain. May also have subluxation of the ulnar nerve.

He had a Grade II sprain, was in obvious pain and missed 4 weeks. Clearly he does not have that this time.

It still is something to monitor. Monitor as in see how he reacts to actually doing football type movements. 

They may very well be concerned more about his ability to grip the ball than more damage to the UCL which is very very unlikely.

The doomsayers are hilarious...it's obvious it isn't serious. People need to stop with the nonsense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.