Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I would hope Dorsey has not been reserving sensible play calling for emergency situations but that may be the Case.

that's an interesting question.  Dorsey may decide to pull out a trick play or 2 and shock the world. There's a thought. If it works its Genius. If it doesn't he's in the dog house. 

Players speak about having confidence in him. Prove it to us Keenum. We WANT to love you

🙏

m

Edited by muppy

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sean is playing mind games with the opponent 

It would be interesting to know how much this influences team gameplanning/etc, this late in the week.  

I'd figure Minny already has their scouting/adjustments prepared, in case Allen plays. At this point, not sure the uncertainty changes anything for them.

Not sure Coach is thr type to go thru theatrics.  His comments aren't always specific, but if Josh is practicing limited likely points to 50/50...see if Barkley called up tomorrow.  FP=100% playing IMO

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Coach never said he was practicing, he said he boxes to still check....meaning he's close, but might not be ready.  

Media also had like 5 min of access to see stretching. 

So who knows, but very likely Case playing, will know injury report later and tomorrow by 4pm if Barkley is called up.

I think Barkley gets called up no matter what 

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

McDermott said Allen status is hour-to-hour-- according to ESPN article.

In my eyes it's pretty clear Allen is not playing. He hasn't touched the field all week. Many seem to be holding on to false hope. Folks look at the evidence. We all know coach McD isn't going to tell us anything but vague statements. Keenum will have to not lose this game because he's not going to win it. The Bills defense is going to have to win it. It's possible but it just got harder with Poyer and Rosseau out. How do they stop Cook? Jefferson? 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

We'll know later today when the final injury report of the week is issued, but I'd bet anything that it says "DNP".

Based on this coaching staff's history and common sense, three straight DNPs almost certainly equates to a missed game.

Do you really think it's logical :flirt: to apply the same rule to Josh Allen as the rest of the team?

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

In my eyes it's pretty clear Allen is not playing. He hasn't touched the field all week. Many seem to be holding on to false hope. Folks look at the evidence. We all know coach McD isn't going to tell us anything but vague statements. Keenum will have to not lose this game because he's not going to win it. The Bills defense is going to have to win it. It's possible but it just got harder with Poyer and Rosseau out. How do they stop Cook? Jefferson? 

Considering it doesnt matter what us fans think, I think most of us are simply hoping for the best but planning/expecting the worst. What else can we do?

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering it doesnt matter what us fans think, I think most of us are simply hoping for the best but planning/expecting the worst. What else can we do?

YOU CAN LOOK AT EVIDENCE! 

Or you can ignore this guy.  He's been predicting Allen out for minimum 4 games all week and spreading doom and gloom.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Encouraging...probably just wanted to get him an extremely limited practice in to keep MIN guessing, as well as still the opportunity to play sunday vs having to rule him out. Still think Case plays.

Keeping the Vikings guessing is not really a thing

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Encouraging...probably just wanted to get him an extremely limited practice in to keep MIN guessing, as well as still the opportunity to play sunday vs having to rule him out. Still think Case plays.

Seriously?

I don't understand you and @Logic and @BuffaloBaumer and your ilk.

It's absolutely still possible that Josh sits, but it seems like in some of your minds you delusionally think you know the extent of Josh's injury when you obviously don't have a clue.

If Josh is healthy and there's no risk of worsening the injury other than a freak incident like Huff's hit, you friggin play Josh Allen.

And if it's nerve irritation and it's better now, that's probably the case. If it's a super extreme minor sprain... I'm no Doctor but I've sprained my ankle plenty and minor ones take a few days to feel 100%, not weeks.

Josh has talked all about the stretching and work he does for his body in the offseason, maybe he's 100% already.

Regardless of whatever the participation status today will be it's clear he was there participating to at least some degree with pads on. McDermott changed his designation to hour to hour instead of day to day.

What about this sounds like Josh not trending towards playing?

You guys just doing the Billsy thing of talking up to worst so as not to be let down?

Honestly... my main reason for thinking Case might play at this point is McDermott setting Keenum up for a revenge game all week, not wanting to let him down and having an excuse with Allen’s injury.

Just now, ALLinALLEN said:

How not? I think it's a big difference facing allen vs keenum. Even if the chance of playing allen is ~ 1% lol.

They prepare for the Bills offense. Yes, there's a big difference and Keenum is a big downgrade. You don't think the Vikings will be ready if Keenum plays? We should really mess with them and play Barkley

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Seriously?

I don't understand you and @Logic and @BuffaloBaumer and your ilk.

It's absolutely still possible that Josh sits, but it seems like in some of your minds you delusionally think you know the extent of Josh's injury when you obviously don't have a clue.

If Josh is healthy and there's no risk of worsening the injury other than a freak incident like Huff's hit, you friggin play Josh Allen.

And if it's nerve irritation and it's better now, that's probably the case. If it's a super extreme minor sprain... I'm no Doctor but I've sprained my ankle plenty and minor ones take a few days to feel 100%, not weeks.

Josh has talked all about the stretching and work he does for his body in the offseason, maybe he's 100% already.

Regardless of whatever the participation status today will be it's clear he was there participating to at least some degree with pads on. McDermott changed his designation to hour to hour instead of day to day.

What about this sounds like Josh not trending towards playing?

You guys just doing the Billsy thing of talking up to worst so as not to be let down?

Honestly... my main reason for thinking Case might play at this point is McDermott setting Keenum up for a revenge game all week, not wanting to let him down and having an excuse with Allen’s injury.

They act as if it's somehow the same injury he suffered his rookie year when all signs point to it being SIGNIFICANTLY less serious. It's honestly comical.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.