Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

To date I've seen nothing from Keenum that gives me any confidence we're going to see the second coming of Frank Reich when he pulled off the biggest comeback in playoff history against Houston and then beat the Steelers with a big assist from the defense in Pittsburgh the week after. 

You act like Frank Reich is the only backup QB to ever win a game and that Case never played a game before playing in the Preseason with the Bills. Keenem, just last year, started two games for the Browns. He was 47/72 (65%), 462 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. That's good stuff for a backup QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

McDermott will be on in a few minutes with Sal.

If he says anything but “day-to-day” and “we’ll see” I’ll be shocked. 

He's usually transparent about who is definitely out this week and if any players may practice today (ie:Tremaine, Josh, Elam, etc).

But agree, he isn't going to reveal anything beyond this week about any players.

If Josh hasn't been ruled out he will suit up.  Will he start?   Maybe maybe not but he will suit up. 

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

I'd take it as a potential positive that Coach is yet to rule out Josh, for practice today and Sundays game.

If Coach being transparent (no reason to think he's not), sounds like Josh is progressing.

Now we just need good news on Edmunds and Tre.  We can win without poyer amd rosseau if we have some other pieces back.

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It depends on the time. If Allen is out for a significant amount of time, then the Bills are screwed. But if it's just for this week then they will be fine. I mentioned this before, but the Vikings are 25th in total defense, 20th against the pass, and 2nd worst against the run. The Bills should be able to move the ball in this game. Will they be able to finish drives is the real question.

Yet they are 12th in points allowed.  And the Bills Offense has averaged only  22.5 their last 3 games.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yet they are 12th in points allowed.  And the Bills Offense has averaged only  22.5 their last 3 games.

Yup. I have no doubt the Bills will move the ball. Can they finish once inside the redzone. I doubt Case will throw any long TD passes like Allen does so how they finish drives is the key. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

they also needed a last second FG to beat andy frickin dalton, beat bridgewater by a score, needed to comeback from 10 down in the 4th on the vaunted hieneke led offense last week after heineke completely melted down.... they've faced ONE squad with a winning record that actually fielded their starting qb(eagles) and they got their teeth kicked in. The game is plenty winnable with keenum. literally every other game the vikings have stumbled through as shown that.

.... oh then theres barely scrapping by the bears earlier in the season while fields still looked like a steaming pile of donkey sh**

this vikings squad reminds me of the 2020 stillers that had the luxury of playing 5 or 6 backups on their way to being 11-0 and then completely folded down the stretch when the 4 leaf clovers ran out.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:
8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

they also needed a last second FG to beat andy frickin dalton, beat bridgewater by a score, needed to comeback from 10 down in the 4th on the vaunted hieneke led offense last week after heineke completely melted down.... they've faced ONE squad with a winning record that actually fielded their starting qb(eagles) and they got their teeth kicked in. The game is plenty winnable with keenum. literally every other game the vikings have stumbled through as shown that.

.... oh then theres barely scrapping by the bears earlier in the season while fields still looked like a steaming pile of donkey sh**

this vikings squad reminds me of the 2020 stillers that had the luxury of playing 5 or 6 backups on their way to being 11-0 and then completely folded down the stretch when the 4 leaf clovers ran out.

100% this. 

Friends, fellow fans, countrymen...

Let Friday, November 11th, 2022 forever be remembered as the day that Sean McDermott rolled out the rarest of things: a FOURTH injury category.

We've always had "day to day", "week to week", and "it's gonna be a while", but now, improbably....

The miraculous, fantastic, almost-too-ridiculous-to-be-real-but-somehow-it-is "hour to hour" designation!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.