Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's not just Josh Allen.

It's also Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds, Greg Rousseau and Kaiir Elam that aren't expected to play.  We aren't sure if they Tre White is able to come back yet, or what condition he will be in.  Not to mention a half dozen other guys who are pretty banged up like Matt Milano, Dane Jackson, etc.  The Vikings aren't a pushover in the slightest.

The Bills have strong depth, and have been dealing with injuries all season long.  At some point though, I'm afraid this is going to start overwhelming us and become a 2021 Baltimore Ravens situation.  That team was 6-2 at one point (like us) and in control of the #1 seed in the AFC.  They were 8-3 going into December, and then dropped their last six games to miss the playoffs.

I understand. I was speaking about those worried about Keenum, I thought I made that clear. Yes, the injury bug has tested the entire team this year. I am confident in this group though. Getting Milano back should help in the run game this week. Also, as I prefaced, I believe the Bills have to take advantage of MIN interior O-Line. That means Oliver, Settle, Jones and Phillips need to have their best games of the year this Sunday. They have to disrupt plays in the back field and also prevent MIN guards from getting to the second level.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d much rather see Josh out there and protect him from himself with the game plan. Put him out there and don’t throw 40x. At least you keep the defense honest and give yourself some outs here. If for some reason he doesn’t feel good, then put Keenum in. You start Keenum you are going to have to play perfect everywhere else. We are not healthy enough on defense and we are going to most likely lose. This time of year the most annoying thing is hearing people act as if non conference games don’t count as much. Everyone is obsessed with tie breakers that barely ever come into play. This is an unpopular take that is unfortunately a rarely understood truth: all the games count as 1. They are all the same. 1 loss or 1 win. Perhaps even 1 tie. That’s the truth. This game means a lot and the Chiefs probably won’t lose again. If josh CAN play, I think he needs to

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d much rather see Josh out there and protect him from himself with the game plan. Put him out there and don’t throw 40x. At least you keep the defense honest and give yourself some outs here. If for some reason he doesn’t feel good, then put Keenum in. You start Keenum you are going to have to play perfect everywhere else. We are not healthy enough on defense and we are going to most likely lose. This time of year the most annoying thing is hearing people act as if non conference games don’t count as much. Everyone is obsessed with tie breakers that barely ever come into play. This is an unpopular take that is unfortunately a rarely understood truth: all the games count as 1. They are all the same. 1 loss or 1 win. Perhaps even 1 tie. That’s the truth. This game means a lot and the Chiefs probably won’t lose again. If josh CAN play, I think he needs to

That barely come into play? 
Last year, the raiders, pats and bengals finished 10-7

Titans and chiefs 12-5

Rams and Cowboys 12-5

Packers and Bucs 13-4

1 hour ago, Aesop said:

Bills we be fine with Keenum this week. It's funny that a lot of people are that concerned with him getting the start, based on what they have seen of him in preseason and mop up duty. He was barely getting any reps, let alone any with the No. 1 offense. Any of you who played any sport at a high level, knows how difficult it is to come into a game cold and with very little reps. Alas, its 2022, logic need not apply.

Anyways, rest up JA17. I expect the Bills to rally to a win. Need a big game from the D-Line this week. MIN is suspect on the interior O-Line.

I don’t see it.  The defense is banged up.  No running game.  I see a few losses coming up with Josh out 

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

It's not just Josh Allen.

It's also Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds, Greg Rousseau and Kaiir Elam that aren't expected to play.  We aren't sure if they Tre White is able to come back yet, or what condition he will be in.  Not to mention a half dozen other guys who are pretty banged up like Matt Milano, Dane Jackson, etc.  The Vikings aren't a pushover in the slightest.

The Bills have strong depth, and have been dealing with injuries all season long.  At some point though, I'm afraid this is going to start overwhelming us and become a 2021 Baltimore Ravens situation.  That team was 6-2 at one point (like us) and in control of the #1 seed in the AFC.  They were 8-3 going into December, and then dropped their last six games to miss the playoffs.

Considering the sheer volume of injuries I think it's already the 21 Ravens. We just got off to a better start.  God just doesn't want us to have nice things.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he doesn't play is he becoming a Tre Madonna?

No, the coaching staff is being overly cautious with injuries

I guess they see it as "playing the long game" and trying to make sure guys are healthy later in year/playoffs

The 1 seed is important.   

This team should be 8-0 right now and the only reason we aren't is self inflicted mistakes and holding players out that could have played and made an impact  (Poyer/Morse in Miami, Milano/Tre in New Jersey) 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All that being said, this team will sit him. We refuse to push the issue on anyone that’s not 100% and we don’t take regular season games as serious as I’d like. We will take our chances with Keenum and we will probably struggle.  The number 1 seed is incredibly important to THIS team. And if we have to go to KC in the playoffs, we are probably going to wish we hadn’t. I’m tired of writing games and seasons off as if we will get back every year for a decade. I bet today by 3/4 we find out he’s out. I definitely hope to be wrong because we need him 

And what happens to this team with Josh, Milano, Poyer, Edmunds, Jackson, Jordan Poyer, Rousseau are all playing at 80% for 5, 6, or at this point 12 weeks? 

That isn't a formula that wins you the Super Bowl, home field advantage or not. In fact, that isn't a formula that likely even gets you home field advantage. While being cautious the team has made it to 6-2 and the number one seed in the AFC to date. We have proven that we cannot beat the Jets or the Dolphins with a banged up roster and because of the loses round 2 just got a lot more important. So get right, go 4-2 in the division, and everything will fall into place. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No, the coaching staff is being overly cautious with injuries

I guess they see it as "playing the long game" and trying to make sure guys are healthy later in year/playoffs

The 1 seed is important.   

This team should be 8-0 right now and the only reason we aren't is self inflicted mistakes and holding players out that could have played and made an impact  (Poyer/Morse in Miami, Milano/Tre in New Jersey) 

They should have been the #1 seed last year as well............they had by far the highest point differential in the NFL and that usually means a lot more than it did for the Bills last year.      They ended up the #3 seed and weren't reduced to the 4th only because the Bengals didn't want to go to KC so they tanked their finale to line up with TN in the bracket.  

I understand ramping Tre White up.........but he could still go out and get a concussion or some other type of upper body injury that has zero correlation to the rehab he's done on his knee.    It's football as soon as the bubble wrap comes off anything can happen.    Would have been nice to have him out there some last week against Garrett Wilson getting ramped up to play Jefferson this week.

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Minnesota will follow the Jets game plan with the quick passes. Frazier will not adjust, leaving the pass rush useless

I posted this is the evaluation of Brandon Beane thread but let's not give the Vikings the win just yet. Here you go.

Vikings are ranked #25 in total defense. 20th against the pass, 2nd worst in the league against the run.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aesop said:

Bills we be fine with Keenum this week. It's funny that a lot of people are that concerned with him getting the start, based on what they have seen of him in preseason and mop up duty. He was barely getting any reps, let alone any with the No. 1 offense. Any of you who played any sport at a high level, knows how difficult it is to come into a game cold and with very little reps. Alas, its 2022, logic need not apply.

Anyways, rest up JA17. I expect the Bills to rally to a win. Need a big game from the D-Line this week. MIN is suspect on the interior O-Line.

Bills lost to the Jets (20th in scoring, 8th in point allowed) with Josh Allen.   Vikings are 8th in scoring and 12 in points allowed.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills lost to the Jets (20th in scoring, 8th in point allowed) with Josh Allen.   Vikings are 8th in scoring and 12 in points allowed.

The bulk of Bills fans here will maintain a "we'll be fine without Josh" position until it's obvious that is a ridiculous position to take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The bulk of Bills fans here will maintain a "we'll be fine without Josh" position until it's obvious that is a ridiculous position to take.

To date I've seen nothing from Keenum that gives me any confidence we're going to see the second coming of Frank Reich when he pulled off the biggest comeback in playoff history against Houston and then beat the Steelers with a big assist from the defense in Pittsburgh the week after. 

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

To date I've seen nothing from Keenum that gives me any confidence we're going to see the second coming of Frank Reich when he pulled off the biggest comeback in playoff history against Houston and then beat the Steelers with a big assist from the defense in Pittsburgh the week after. 

That and Frank always has a great running game to lean on. 

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It depends on the time. If Allen is out for a significant amount of time, then the Bills are screwed. But if it's just for this week then they will be fine. I mentioned this before, but the Vikings are 25th in total defense, 20th against the pass, and 2nd worst against the run. The Bills should be able to move the ball in this game. Will they be able to finish drives is the real question.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.