Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Just now, mannc said:

I don't know for sure, but I would guess the league has strict rules about that...a tweet from a player about his injury status could have significant impact on gambling lines.  A player who wanted to manipulate the line for whatever reason could do so...

That's interesting... Never thought about that. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Why would you expect him to miss more time when a similar injury that he was immediately in pain with and was seen on the sideline in pain as they were testing it only caused him to miss 4 games?  70 yard throws are not made with injuries that require you to miss 4 games.

People keep saying this, but no one seems to mention that MAKING that 70 yard throw on an injured arm could have injured it worse. 

People also fail to mention the incredible capabilities of the human body when adrenaline is coursing through it. See Tommy Doyle playing a bunch of snaps on a torn ACL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why would you expect him to miss more time when a similar injury that he was immediately in pain with and was seen on the sideline in pain as they were testing it only caused him to miss 4 games?  70 yard throws are not made with injuries that require you to miss 4 games.

The answer is because the internet, media, message boards and social media are telling me to be terrified.  So I am.

Just now, Logic said:

People keep saying this, but no one seems to mention that MAKING that 70 yard throw on an injured arm could have injured it worse. 

People also fail to mention the incredible capabilities of the human body when adrenaline is coursing through it. See Tommy Doyle playing a bunch of snaps on a torn ACL.

This has been addressed a bunch of times in this thread.  

You can play on a torn ACL.  You just can't make quick lateral movements. 

You can throw with a UCL injury.  You just can't launch it 70 yards if there is serious structural damage. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yep,  just look at how many Bills players (mostly defense) have finished a game this season, been interviewed post-game and seemed fine, then for whatever reason are OUT the following week.  They finish on adrenaline.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

That is a good point.  As Dr. Jameis Winston proved, elbows are the knees of the arm bones.  

IDK who needs to hear this (but apparently it’s at least half of this message board, most of Twitter and a good portion of political talk shows), but here goes:

NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT YOUR “GUT FEELING.”  Nobody.  Not a single person in the world cares what your “gut” is telling you.  We might as well hear from your cat, or read our Alphabets cereal in the morning.

Look, I recognize that many people make significant financial and life decisions based on their “gut” and that’s their prerogative - but it takes a certain special kind of derangement to assume that any other human being cares a wink about what your “gut” says to you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Allen not tweeting or saying anything worries me a bit, and IMO it's likely because the extent is just not known yet. 

He said he was fine in the postgame so that should be worth something.  I really don’t think he’s gonna miss any time.  Sounds like he banged his funnybone to me and they’re being overly cautious but of course that’s based on almost nothing lol 

he couldn’t even throw the ball with a mild ucl sprain his rookie year 

• Like (+1) 1

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking there is zero chance the Bills can let Allen go out there and discuss injury status, regardless of the status, before McDermott sets designations tomorrow.  

This era of high profile players going on high profile shows is relatively new.  Is there any precedent for a player going on a show without anyone knowing their injury status when it's this high profile... or even at all?

• Agree 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

IDK who needs to hear this (but apparently it’s at least half of this message board, most of Twitter and a good portion of political talk shows), but here goes:

NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT YOUR “GUT FEELING.”  Nobody.  Not a single person in the world cares what your “gut” is telling you.  We might as well hear from your cat, or read our Alphabets cereal in the morning.

Look, I recognize that many people make significant financial and life decisions based on their “gut” and that’s their prerogative - but it takes a certain special kind of derangement to assume that any other human being cares a wink about what your “gut” says to you.

My gut feeling is at first glance I agree. My cat did not. 

Just teasing. It’s a valid point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m with you here but that would make message boards pretty much pointless in general haha. It’s pretty much just fans debating their gut feelings at the end of the day 😂

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking there is zero chance the Bills can let Allen go out there and discuss injury status, regardless of the status, before McDermott sets designations tomorrow.  

This era of high profile players going on high profile shows is relatively new.  Is there any precedent for a player going on a show without anyone knowing their injury status when it's this high profile... or even at all?

Deep Thoughts, by SCBills....

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

If he doesn’t play, I’ll be looking to take a pain killer. 

Good choice, very tasty.  Classic or Barcelona?

Ingredients

2 ounces Pusser’s rum

4 ounces pineapple juice

1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed

1 ounce cream of coconut

Garnish: nutmeg, freshly grated

Garnish: pineapple wedge

Steps

Add the rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and cream of coconut to a shaker with ice and shake vigorously but briefly to combine.

Strain into a hurricane glass or snifter over crushed ice.

Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a pineapple wedge.

Serve with a straw.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He said he was fine in the postgame so that should be worth something.  I really don’t think he’s gonna miss any time.  Sounds like he banged his funnybone to me and they’re being overly cautious but of course that’s based on almost nothing lol 

he couldn’t even throw the ball with a mild ucl sprain his rookie year 

The last time I heard "fine" was when Poyer was being interviewed after the game Hyde went out.  And he said Hyde texted him and said, not to worry... he's fine.   

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.