Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear what you are saying. I'm happy about being 6-2 with the number one seed. 

I understand how this kind of thinking gets one thru the day, but I hate it.  

How many years have we read posters say "we're still ok..." only to end the season early.  

Give me "urgency before the emergency" anyday.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear what you are saying. I'm happy about being 6-2 with the number one seed. However, its starting to feel like the team isn't as good as I thought. Maybe an error on my part with believing the hype. It looks as though many teams are right there with the Bils. They can beat us on any given day. The Bills look beatable and are beatable. There are some unexpected disappointments this far. Mainly the poor receiving play which includes Knox who isn't being targeted. The run game and stopping the run has reared its ugly head. Allen is hurt hopefully not long term. Hyde is out for the season. Seeding is great but it doesn't mean you are the best team. See Tenn for a reference point. Right now, we don't look or feel like rhe best team. Hope by seasons end the Bills will be peaking.

I agree with this, mostly...

I no longer feel anywhere near the level of confidence I had earlier in the season.   I'll admit, I did not expect this team to have the now, annual, mid-season swoon of run Defense struggles, JA issues and Offensive clunkiness.

I will say, I don't see anyone better than us.  Chiefs are still the main threat, and they are having similar issues as us.  

Eagles, I do not buy.. they have been an outlier of health and have (and will continue to have) the easiest schedule - by far - of any contender. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Unless the injury got worse after the game, how do you explain a 70 yard pass AFTER the injury? It certainly seems "possible"

The other poster was claiming Allen could play through a torn UCL which isn't possible according to the medical opinions I've seen. My point was that the damage is likely not too severe or else he couldn't have made that throw. 

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

a hopefully good sign:  Allen is scheduled to be on Kyle Brandt's basement show today

Doesnt tell us anything, and neither will Josh.

I'm guessing he opens with a disclaimer of "Still waiting on test results, working through some soreness, taking it day by day, blahblahblah" and then they move on to talking about movies and stuff. Not like Kyle is going to put him on the hot seat.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

That's the key question. 

Is it JUST pain tolerance, or is there risk of further structural damage or lack of proper healing if he plays though it?

If there is no chance or very minimal chance it will cause further damage by playing then he should just do the pain killer. The season is too important and the Dolphins and Jets now are right on our backs for the division

48 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The Hines pass ?

The pass was badly overthrown.  Perhaps Josh was over-compensating

A healthy Josh hits that and we win the game.

Hines has only been on the roster a few days.  It's much more likely that Allen just mis-judged his speed downfield.  That's something that may take a little time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Oh so that's where the Particle Sun parable comes from!

The Prodigal Son is drawn from an ancient parable of the Particle Sun which was actually very insightful and shows that long dead societies knew more than we realized even if their science wasn’t fully developed.  I explained it here a while back and you might be able to find it.  I’ll summarize:

The best way to describe light for the ancients was as a concentrated force residing within the sun.  They theorized that not all of the sun’s energy was concentrated on Earth but that much of it went elsewhere.  When some of this light missed the Earth it was destined to be gone forever……but……some small percentage…..a few particles….bounced off other nearby objects, primarily planets.  These planets, of course, do not generate their own light.  That light came from the sun but was only a small portion of the whole.  Mars, for instance, could not be given credit although it seemed to shine in the night sky.  These particles of light that bounced off Mars and allowed us to see it became known as the particle sun.  They had passed Earth by and yet returned.  You can see how the Prodigal Sun is an offshoot of this.

At some point we came to “know” that light is not made of particles, but of waves, then it became unclear again and really isn’t completely understood even to this day.  It is an example of how ancient wisdom holds up over long periods sometimes even if inexact.  The Bible did a good job of taking this ancient parable and applying it to the human condition, so call Frank the Prodigal Son is appropriate but the Particle Sun is the origin and also applies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If there is no chance or very minimal chance it will cause further damage by playing then he should just do the pain killer. The season is too important and the Dolphins and Jets now are right on our backs for the division

Easy for us to say. We're not the ones who'd have to play through incredible pain while going against giant athletic freaks trying to murder us every play.

In any case, if there's NO chance of further damage, then he likely plays. Even if there's "very minimal chance", I'd rather that he didn't, and I don't think he would. This franchise is not going to risk the long term health and effectiveness of its $250million franchise QB just for a few wins this season. Ain't gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Agreed.  We can’t throw away any more games being overly conservative with injuries.  

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

If there's any chance at all of further injury,  I'd sit him. 

• Agree 2

The MN game is non-conference, and hardly make or break at this point.  I'd guess they'd be cautious if it looks at all like something that rest could help with.

We need to take care of business against our division opponents. I'd rather have a healthy JA and a 2 or 3 seed than risk anything.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Easy for us to say. We're not the ones who'd have to play through incredible pain while going against giant athletic freaks trying to murder us every play.

In any case, if there's NO chance of further damage, then he likely plays. Even if there's "very minimal chance", I'd rather that he didn't, and I don't think he would. This franchise is not going to risk the long term health and effectiveness of its $250million franchise QB just for a few wins this season. Ain't gonna happen.

If it's a minor UCL sprain, likely would only worsen it if his arm got hit in the same place while throwing. Unlikely but possible...

Depends on how bad the injury is tho.

Maybe we will get some clues on Kyle Brandt's Basement segment with Allen from the man himself...will be tuned in as usual around 4:30ish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.