Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Cousins has been playing pretty good.

But you're right about Brissett and Goff

The Vikings seem to play right into the strength of our defense assuming we get some of Milano/poyer/tre white back.  I think keenum could pull that game out assuming our offensive line isn’t a disaster that could be a big assumption though lol I really didn’t think quessenberry was much worse than Spencer brown but man he may have proved me wrong  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We can win some of these games down the stretch with mostly defense if we get poyer/Milano/tre back.  The offense is going to struggle if the offensive line play doesn’t improve though no matter who the qb is 

they will have to run the ball and have guys step up in the intermediate passing game… the field without Allen is more compact, so it comes down to precision and execution.  Keenum can run that offense.  

don’t get me wrong, this team will ride the Defense if Allen misses time… 

If Keenum plays the next 3 games, I think we go 2-1.  That Detroit defense is a disaster.  Would be like the Seahawks game a few years ago.

And please give me Brisset against our defense.  He has always struggled playing against us.

Vikings in our barn is the biggest ? that I can think of.  Could we move the ball and score more than 20 points?  If we can, I think we win.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Actually we kind of get boned on the Thanksgiving game as we play the following Thursday at NE...THEN we get the long post-Thursday layoff before the next game.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

We won't, we play NE the Thursday after thanksgiving.

well, ugh! 

normally, this wouldn’t be bad. But if Allen is out, we could use that time. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not doom and gloom if Josh has to miss a month. I just don't want him to pull a Baker Mayfield and try to play injured.

I wish we had retained Mitch instead of getting Keenum, but you must remember that Keenum played for both the Vikes and the Browns and so that is something at least. Our schedule is 5/8 games at home and 2/3 of the road games aren't that bad.

I refuse to go beyond that scenario into more games missed because that's a dark place. Wait and hope, wait and hope...

1 hour ago, Logic said:

My prediction...

[**Note: I have zero inside info, I am not a medical professional, and this is strictly my uninformed, amateur opinion, based on the information I've read and the history of UCL injuries in quarterbacks. Take it with an entire  shaker of salt**]

...is as follows:

Josh indeed has a UCL injury, which will be treated non-operatively. Given his importance to the Bills this season and long term, the team will opt to be cautious with the injury, even though Josh will want to play through the pain. He will be called "week to week" by McDermott and declared out for Sunday. The timetable for his recovery will be 2-5 weeks, leading to breathless "Josh Allen watch" threads and Twitter vigils every day. Ultimately, he'll wind up missing 3 games. The Bills will go 1-2, and Josh will return December 1st against the Patriots to a 7-4 Bills team in need of a victory to remain tied for the division lead with Miami.

Here's hoping I'm totally wrong and Josh is fine and plays this week. 

If it's pain tolerance, couldn't he just take a pain killer?

39 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Lol must be voice to text! 😜

The Parable of the Prodigal Son (also known as the parable of the Two Brothers, Lost Son, Loving Father, or of the Forgiving Father) is one of the parables of Jesus Christ in the Bible, appearing in Luke 15:11–32

You are aware that parts of the Bible were drawn from pre-existing parables correct?

42 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We currently hold the number one seed and it’s hard to be optimistic?  Were you hoping for the zero seed through 8 games?  The negative 3 seed?

The particle sun returns.

I hear what you are saying. I'm happy about being 6-2 with the number one seed. However, its starting to feel like the team isn't as good as I thought. Maybe an error on my part with believing the hype. It looks as though many teams are right there with the Bils. They can beat us on any given day. The Bills look beatable and are beatable. There are some unexpected disappointments this far. Mainly the poor receiving play which includes Knox who isn't being targeted. The run game and stopping the run has reared its ugly head. Allen is hurt hopefully not long term. Hyde is out for the season. Seeding is great but it doesn't mean you are the best team. See Tenn for a reference point. Right now, we don't look or feel like rhe best team. Hope by seasons end the Bills will be peaking.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If it's pain tolerance, couldn't he just take a pain killer?

That's the key question. 

Is it JUST pain tolerance, or is there risk of further structural damage or lack of proper healing if he plays though it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.