Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

15 hours ago, Success said:

Every response to my comment has been the same.

The point is that good teams can still find a way to compete, whatever that is. We have a capable backup QB.  We won't be lost.

So we have an offensive weapon similar to Derrick Henry then?

I mean do you completely have zero recollection of the drought? With Keenum this team sinks.

8 minutes ago, MPT said:

The difference is that the UCL is crucial for the throwing motion whereas the ACL is not crucial for standing in the pocket. I'm not a doctor but several players have played their entire careers without an ACL. I don't know of any QBs or pitchers who have played without a UCL and I don't think it's even possible.

Unless the injury got worse after the game, how do you explain a 70 yard pass AFTER the injury? It certainly seems "possible"

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I mean do you completely have zero recollection of the drought? With Keenum this team sinks.

No, we certainly don't.  But the point is that teams adapt to other strengths that they have.  Tennessee found a way to be in the game for the full 60 against KC, even though they completed 5 passes.

We have much more talent than TN overall, and Keenum has led a team to the playoffs in his career.  He's not a scrub, and he doesn't stink.

Edited by Success

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Kinda of like when Philip Rivers in Jan 2019 played with a torn ACL? 

This is Josh Allen we are talking about. The guy is beyond a beast. Adrenaline can mask pain for an instance like this. 

I'm not buying what you are selling. No disrespect intended.

Not my style. I will wait nervously for upcoming news. 

Look at the bright side: if Keenum plays you'll get to watch some really exciting slug fests between backup level QBs over the next few weeks as we face off against Cousins, Brissett, and Goff!!  You love that crap.  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This team is in no way comparable to the drought teams. With that said, I’d rather not find out if Keenum can keep us afloat. 

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The particle sun returns.

Lol must be voice to text! 😜

The Parable of the Prodigal Son (also known as the parable of the Two Brothers, Lost Son, Loving Father, or of the Forgiving Father) is one of the parables of Jesus Christ in the Bible, appearing in Luke 15:11–32

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That was pure adrenaline he was on. That throw means little to nothing. 

I mean if your ucl is torn you’re gonna be in immense pain after that throw…maybe adrenaline gets you through the actual throwing of the ball part.  I didn’t see much if any evidence of that.  He also physically would not have been able to throw the ball that far…it’s not a question of pain tolerance.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Lol must be voice to text! 😜

The Parable of the Prodigal Son (also known as the parable of the Two Brothers, Lost Son, Loving Father, or of the Forgiving Father) is one of the parables of Jesus Christ in the Bible, appearing in Luke 15:11–32

It’s not. It’s his low self of steam.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

with Keenum, this team won’t get away with a lot of sloppy play or mistakes.   This is a talented roster that will have to tighten up their play if he starts….

but they don’t stink… 

Edited by B-Large

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Look at the bright side: if Keenum plays you'll get to watch some really exciting slug fests between backup level QBs over the next few weeks as we face off against Cousins, Brissett, and Goff!!  You love that crap.  

Cousins has been playing pretty good.

But you're right about Brissett and Goff

1 minute ago, B-Large said:

with Keenum, this team won’t get away with a lot of sloppy play or mistakes.   This is a talented roster that will have to tighten up their play if he starts….

but they don’t stink… 

We can win some of these games down the stretch with mostly defense if we get poyer/Milano/tre back.  The offense is going to struggle if the offensive line play doesn’t improve though no matter who the qb is 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.