Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

28 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Keenum plays I think it will help the Bills get them out of their funk. This team relies on Josh to do everything and sometimes to a fault. With Keenum the rest of the team knows they will have to pick it up. A vet QB like Keenum is good enough to get wins if Josh misses some time. This isn't a TEN situation where they give Henry the ball a 100 times a game because they have no passing game. Keenum can be a productive QB.

They are in their annual McDermott mid-season malaise so yeah I'd be fine with Keenum starting and the team have to focus on the fundamentals offensively and realizing that they actually have to tackle somebody now on defense.    The effort in run defense the past two games has been horrific.    McDermott needs to find an answer to this BS..........the players treat him like a substitute teacher every November.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Keenum is God awful and I would expect to lose ALL games he starts.

Just the way it is.

PS:  It's the same for EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

He started two games last year and the Browns won both:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202201090cle.htm (102.1 rating; only one sack taken)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202110210cle.htm (90.3 rating; only one sack taken vs. a good Denver defense that still had Von Miller)

I agree that he generally sucks, physical talent wise, but he can get you to .500 over a four game stretch if the defense doesn't give up a ton of points.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That was pure adrenaline he was on. That throw means little to nothing. 

From everything I've heard from sports medicine/PT people, this statement is completely false. 

Adrenaline cannot mask structural damage.  There's no chance he could physically throw the ball that far, with that velocity, if the damage was severe. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I am expecting Allen to be out at least 3 games and perhaps out the rest of the season. At this point, I'd take the 3 games. Out for the regular season would be bad bad. Maybe he Will be ready playoff time if the Bills make it to the playoffs. 

The way this season has been going with injuries it's hard to be optimistic. Please football gods be on Allen's side. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2

we also say Keenum in preseason, with less than ideal weapons and short time to learn the offense.

I dont want  Keenum to start, but our defense will give him a chance to win games and he has had a half a season to pick up the offense.

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I am expecting Allen to be out at least 3 games and perhaps out the rest of the season. At this point, I'd take the 3 games. Out for the regular season would be bad bad. Maybe he Will be ready playoff time if the Bills make it to the playoffs. 

The way this season has been going with injuries it's hard to be optimistic. Please football gods be on Allen's side. 

May as well draw a warm bath, get your copy of Sylvia Plath, pour some red wine and a bowl of sleeping pills and see what happens? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Keenum needs to be this Bills team's version of Frank Reich. Remember the times #12 got hurt and we all thought gloom and doom. Frank did well and not just the comeback game either. He played well in a number of games. I expect (hope) Keenum does the same thing now.

I hear Reich is available these days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

From everything I've heard from sports medicine/PT people, this statement is completely false. 

Adrenaline cannot mask structural damage.  There's no chance he could physically throw the ball that far, with that velocity, if the damage was severe. 

Kinda of like when Philip Rivers in Jan 2019 played with a torn ACL? 

This is Josh Allen we are talking about. The guy is beyond a beast. Adrenaline can mask pain for an instance like this. 

I'm not buying what you are selling. No disrespect intended.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

May as well draw a warm bath, get your copy of Sylvia Plath, pour some red wine and a bowl of sleeping pills and see what happens? 

Not my style. I will wait nervously for upcoming news. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

This is Josh Allen we are talking about. The guy is beyond a beast. Adrenaline can mask pain for an instance like this. 

Your comparison would Phillip Rivers playing on a torn ACL and then scrambling on it for 30-40 yards requiring side to side motion... which he did not do.  

Tommy Doyle played on a torn ACL but that's because we just asked him to block best he can... he wasn't out there pulling. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The difference is that the UCL is crucial for the throwing motion whereas the ACL is not crucial for standing in the pocket. I'm not a doctor but several players have played their entire careers without an ACL. I don't know of any QBs or pitchers who have played without a UCL and I don't think it's even possible.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

We currently hold the number one seed and it’s hard to be optimistic?  Were you hoping for the zero seed through 8 games?  The negative 3 seed?

9 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I hear Reich is available these days. 

The particle sun returns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whatever happened to those days when all we needed was a nice bubble bath and then curl up with a hot cup of Irish Mocha mint and a steamy Harlequin romance novel. 

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not my style. I will wait nervously for upcoming news. 

Come on.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.