Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

27 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You seem to have missed my whole premise. None of us have EVER seen Case Keenam with a week of preparation and game planning, not to mention playing with all the starters. You can say what you want and dig your heels in, too. You have no earthly idea what he can do with the opportunity. At best, you are on a soapbox.

He wasn’t on the roster all pre-season or have years of games played in league?  Dude’s a professional and remarkably talented athlete but he is what he is and obviously not at Allen level. Why that is so concerning is that our offense now seems to be very reliant on the “creature “ skills of Josh. I think best we can hope for given what we know of Case, week of prep or not, is if he starts and can game manage well and not turn ball over,  the D can win us a few games.  Make for a good story though if he and Diggs can beat MN this weekend.  

35 minutes ago, Beast said:

Tommy John surgery for an NFL QB is not near the recovery time that it is for an MLB pitcher. In fact, if Allen would have to have it, he would miss this season which would suck but would be back at full strength next Fall.

Jake Delhomme had TJ surgery years ago and said he felt as good as new in 6 months and played the next season and led the Panthers to a 12-4 record.

74E3CE3A-71FC-41F0-B10E-48F18B57726C.jpeg

Likely because the UCL is not used very much in the motion of throwing for an NFL QB.  Mostly its the forearm muscles underneath the elbow that help with grip strength.

31 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Jets, when healthy, at the skill positions outside QB you’ve got:

WR- Garrett Wilson, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis (definitely a lot of young and developing talent here)

RB- Breece Hall, Carter, Robinson (Hall looked like the offensive ROY prior to ACL injury. In fairness this was also before Kenneth Walker’s stock took off though, but he could’ve taken one of those runs to the house against us on Sunday IMO)

TE- Yeah.. not so good.

But there is definitely a lot of sneaky young talent on that offense and learning to win with it now, they’re learning to involve Garrett Wilson more in recent weeks, and I think it can only get better. 

QB is still the problem.  He had a decent showing against us, but he isn't capable of carrying that team when needed.

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Tommy John surgery for an NFL QB is not near the recovery time that it is for an MLB pitcher. In fact, if Allen would have to have it, he would miss this season which would suck but would be back at full strength next Fall.

Jake Delhomme had TJ surgery years ago and said he felt as good as new in 6 months and played the next season and led the Panthers to a 12-4 record.

74E3CE3A-71FC-41F0-B10E-48F18B57726C.jpeg

Jake Delhomme's arm at its best was about 25% as good as Allen's... but hey, maybe there's the chance of a surgery mishap that turns Josh Allen into Henry Rowengartner, allowing him to throw 100 yard dimes that hit Gabe Davis in the facemask and fall to the turf incomplete. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPL said:

Jake Delhomme's arm at its best was about 25% as good as Allen's... but hey, maybe there's the chance of a surgery mishap that turns Josh Allen into Henry Rowengartner, allowing him to throw 100 yard dimes that hit Gabe Davis in the facemask and fall to the turf incomplete. 

That's not really the point.  The point is Delhomme recovered and could play the next season.  This was 15 years ago too.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:
8 minutes ago, MPL said:

That's not really the point.  The point is Delhomme recovered and could play the next season.  This was 15 years ago too.

The point definitely landed. I'm just coping through humor... and failing at it

10 minutes ago, MPL said:

The point is more that the UCL isn't used very much in the throwing of a football by a QB so a UCL injury for an NFL QB is far less of an issue than for an MLB pitcher

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:
11 minutes ago, MPL said:

The point is more that the UCL isn't used very much in the throwing of a football by a QB so a UCL injury for an NFL QB is far less of an issue than for an MLB pitcher

Sheesh, guys. I get it. 

Even if this is a relatively minor UCL injury, I would not be surprised if the Bills did not play JA for at least a few games, particularly if there was any chance that playing could cause further injury or aggravation in this situation.  The Bills have a long-term investment in JA, so they do have to look at not only this season, but seasons after as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:
8 minutes ago, MPL said:

The point definitely landed. I'm just coping through humor... and failing at it

FWIW, I thought that it was funny.

Thank you. I needed that today.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think everyone can agree we don’t want Allen hurt or missing time, but an injury might be a bit of a blessing in disguise as long as it’s not long term. 
Simplifying the offense might do everyone some good. Getting back to basics if you will. Little more focus on the run, little more focus on the short game and getting others involved. I hope he’s good to go and doesn’t miss time, but I also hope Dorsey is currently getting his creative juices flowing on how to get everyone involved if Allen is not 100% or going to miss some games. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think everyone can agree we don’t want Allen hurt or missing time, but an injury might be a bit of a blessing in disguise as long as it’s not long term. 
Simplifying the offense might do everyone some good. Getting back to basics if you will. Little more focus on the run, little more focus on the short game and getting others involved. I hope he’s good to go and doesn’t miss time, but I also hope Dorsey is currently getting his creative juices flowing on how to get everyone involved if Allen is not 100% or going to miss some games. 

the offense can't get much simpler...drop back to pass, look for Diggs, if covered leave pocket and try to make a play. Getting others involved is a great point and a big part of the problem.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Haven't read all 35 pages of this thread, but some Dolphins fans are happy that JA was injured and say nasty, untrue things about the Bills Mafia. One poster said JA was noodle-armed and injury prone. One also wants Wilkins to injure Milano. Here are a few comments from their board:

https://finheaven.com/threads/dolphins-schedule-a-bit-tougher-with-afc-east-surging.375465/

https://finheaven.com/threads/source-bills-qb-josh-allen-being-evaluated-for-ucl-injury.375466/post-9195931

Fins fans are ***** garbage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.