Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Here’s what I’m saying..

-Our OL is not as bad as some people here think.  

-I’ve, from jump, been part of the crowd that thinks our skill positions are overrated ..  but they’re also not bad. You can do a lot worse than Hines, Singletary, Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Shakir if we start developing defined roles & usage for them. 

It’s not going to look like the hyper aggressive Allen led offense, but that may also not be the worst thing in the world right now.   Maybe we figure some stuff out because we’re forced to without a cheat code at QB for X amount of games. 

I know we’re all down on the defense right now, so it would be a great time for McDermott’s annual focus on getting the run fits correct.  

I get that and that's a fair post. However, I think it's safe to say we all would like to get things worked out with Allen as our QB. Imho, the worst thing that can happen to this team is to be without Allen for 3 or more games. To expect Keenam to play well and win games is very optimistic. Without Allen, teams can contrentrate on the few weapons the Bills have. I have little confidence they will find their run game. Keenam can't throw the ball downfield. He can't stretch a defense. Defenses will squat, sit, and jump the short passes. INTs will be there for the taking. I just don't see a serviceable offense with Keenam. Heck, the last 6 quarters with Allen were crap and now some expect Keenam, coaches, and scheme to step it up. Sure it's possible but what's the probability of successful sustained offense? 

The Bills will absolutely have to win their games on defense. They will have to force turnovers and come up big. Currently, they are having some clear issues stopping the run. Another Fraizer and McD common theme rears its ugly head. That defense is vulnerable to the run. Always has been and always will be. Add on teams are negating the Bills pass rush with short quick passes. The Jets did it very well. The Bills secondary without Hyde, Poyer, and Tre are not elite. Hyde's injury cannot be under estimated. Who knows when the Bills get back Tre being Tre. I think it will take some time before he hits his stride. Elam and Bedford are learning on the job. They look very promising but for now they are still rookies and will make mistakes. J Johnson doesn't belong on the field. He is just plain slow and not instinctive. With all those negatives the Bills still have a formidable defense. Rousseau and Von can create havoc. Espenesa and Boogie are dog poop. Hope both are off the team next year. Phillips and Settle need to plug the middle. Lastly, I want to address the Bills tackling. They were excellent tackling defenders in the first 4 or 5 games. The last few games have been very very bad. 

This team is 6-2 but it feels like a bad 6-2. Feels like a team on its heals struggling to find its identity on both sides of the ball. Allen under duress and making poor passing decisions, WR who aren't stepping it up besides someone named Diggs, a running game that disappears almost every game. 

Fast forward to today and teams in the division absolutely know they can beat the Bills. There is no doubt or psychological edge. There is no choking when its crunch time. Seemingly, the pressure is on the "Goliath" Bills team. Look to the ending of the Jets game. Allen and the Bills would absolutely get into field goal range 8 or 9 times out of 10. We know what hapoened. A colossal failure that seemingly brought back past bad Bills memories. You know you felt it every bit as I did. 

Lastly, I just hope and pray we aren't watching this season slowly fade away with another disappointing ending. 6-2 is great but the feeling that this team is unbeatable or elite has taken a big hit. Without Allen, this team is fools gold. 

Edited by newcam2012

Each of the last three seasons have seen a multiple-game swoon like this one: bad defense (especially against the run), Josh Allen out of sync with his suddenly thin receiving corps, no running game or balance, or physicality in general, and a looming fear (backed up by recent results) that the team has been exposed, top-to-bottom. 

Each of the last three seasons, the Bills have gone from being figured out, to figuring it out. 

Injuries have definitely exacerbated this season's "swoon," but nevertheless we shall see if our 2022 team can sort itself out and improve in the 2nd half the way good teams do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Each of the last three seasons have seen a multiple-game swoon like this one: bad defense (especially against the run), Josh Allen out of sync with his suddenly thin receiving corps, no running game or balance, or physicality in general, and a looming fear (backed up by recent results) that the team has been exposed, top-to-bottom. 

Each of the last three seasons, the Bills have gone from being figured out, to figuring it out. 

Injuries have definitely exacerbated this season's "swoon," but nevertheless we shall see if our 2022 team can sort itself out and improve in the 2nd half the way good teams do.

this is true. The injury is what’s hanging in the balance right now. 

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We need to win games. Nothing in the future is guaranteed. The time to win a championship is now. If there’s serious risk of making the injury worse then fine. Don’t be dumb. But you can’t just keep writing these games and seasons off. You might never get back. People are way too patient in a league where everything can change In a minute. You have to try and cash in on one of these seasons. Nobody is getting younger. If he can play, he needs to play. We aren’t moving the ball on anyone with a noodle arm journeyman backup that can’t hurt you with his legs. The Vikings are 7-1. We are going to have a hard enough time with Allen. You can’t just keep running backups out thinking we can hold serve. The chiefs aren’t going to lose. You blew the cushion with the inexcusable jet loss. Now you have to treat every game like the playoffs because if we go to KC in the playoffs we are toast

if Josh Allen doesn’t play it isn’t because he has an owee 

The bills know the significance of having to sit down a franchise Qb even for a game They only do it if there’s a chance that it could get injured worse

2 hours ago, chongli said:

One poster said JA was noodle-armed and injury prone. 

I read that one, but the poster was referring to us on TBD calling Tua noodle arm, injury prone and soft. Which is actually still true. He had 2 decent games against 2 of the worst teams in the league. Yet they still barely beat Detroit and Chicago. And the delusional Miami fans think they have the second coming of Dan Marino. That hot sun beating down on their brains can cause some serious damage. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that and that's a fair post. However, I think it's safe to say we all would like to get things worked out with Allen as our QB. Imho, the worst thing that can happen to this team is to be without Allen for 3 or more games. To expect Keenam to play well and win games is very optimistic. Without Allen, teams can contrentrate on the few weapons the Bills have. I have little confidence they will find their run game. Keenam can't throw the ball downfield. He can't stretch a defense. Defenses will squat, sit, and jump the short passes. INTs will be there for the taking. I just don't see a serviceable offense with Keenam. Heck, the last 6 quarters with Allen were crap and now some expect Keenam, coaches, and scheme to step it up. Sure it's possible but what's the probability of successful sustained offense? 

The Bills will absolutely have to win their games on defense. They will have to force turnovers and come up big. Currently, they are having some clear issues stopping the run. Another Fraizer and McD common theme rears its ugly head. That defense is vulnerable to the run. Always has been and always will be. Add on teams are negating the Bills pass rush with short quick passes. The Jets did it very well. The Bills secondary without Hyde, Poyer, and Tre are not elite. Hyde's injury cannot be under estimated. Who knows when the Bills get back Tre being Tre. I think it will take some time before he hits his stride. Elam and Bedford are learning on the job. They look very promising but for now they are still rookies and will make mistakes. J Johnson doesn't belong on the field. He is just plain slow and not instinctive. With all those negatives the Bills still have a formidable defense. Rousseau and Von can create havoc. Espenesa and Boogie are dog poop. Hope both are off the team next year. Phillips and Settle need to plug the middle. Lastly, I want to address the Bills tackling. They were excellent tackling defenders in the first 4 or 5 games. The last few games have been very very bad. 

This team is 6-2 but it feels like a bad 6-2. Feels like a team on its heals struggling to find its identity on both sides of the ball. Allen under duress and making poor passing decisions, WR who aren't stepping it up besides someone named Diggs, a running game that disappears almost every game. 

Fast forward to today and teams in the division absolutely know they can beat the Bills. There is no doubt or psychological edge. There is no choking when its crunch time. Seemingly, the pressure is on the "Goliath" Bills team. Look to the ending of the Jets game. Allen and the Bills would absolutely get into field goal range 8 or 9 times out of 10. We know what hapoened. A colossal failure that seemingly brought back past bad Bills memories. You know you felt it every bit as I did. 

Lastly, I just hope and pray we aren't watching this season slowly fade away with another disappointing ending. 6-2 is great but the feeling that this team is unbeatable or elite has taken a big hit. Without Allen, this team is fools gold. 

As in the words of the great Kobe Bryant scared get a dog

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I read that one, but the poster was referring to us on TBD calling Tua noodle arm, injury prone and soft. Which is actually still true. He had 2 decent games against 2 of the worst teams in the league. Yet they still barely beat Detroit and Chicago. And the delusional Miami fans think they have the second coming of Dan Marino. That hot sun beating down on their brains can cause some serious damage. 

One thing Fins fans should consider - put Josh behind their own line with their receivers and do the same with Tua here. Who’s doing better?

• Like (+1) 1

why are people getting on the poster who said the Bills are a .500 team without Josh.

in recent years, we have seen teams that are strong everywhere except QB struggle to .500-ish seasons.  some recent broncos and saints teams come to mind.

that's just the reality of today's nfl.  you need a QB

4 minutes ago, harryS said:

why are people getting on the poster who said the Bills are a .500 team without Josh.

in recent years, we have seen teams that are strong everywhere except QB struggle to .500-ish seasons.  some recent broncos and saints teams come to mind.

With all the injuries on D I don’t think we are .500 team without Josh. Especially with teams knowing they can bring in big sets and just run it down our throat for 10 minute drives. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, harryS said:

Mostly true....but the Bills have a very good roster.  I would expect better than 500 but it depends on the opponents and Keenum a lot.  Dallas won all their games with a nobody backup.  The rest of the team will need to rally around him and the carelessness will have to stop.  The Bills were 9-7 with Tyrod.

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can anyonye verify this?

“On Monday Night Countdown, Adam Schefter said the Bills don't think this UCL injury for Josh Allen is as serious as the one he had in 2018, but they're still doing more testing.”

Didn’t see it but thats consistent with every report 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, harryS said:

It's called wishful thinking. For almost 20 they tried to pretend that the team could compete without a QB. Some fans can talk themselves into it, but if Josh goes down for the year the season is over and that's it. No sugar-coating it. 

Fortunately that doesn't appear to be the case and it seems like overblown hysterics after a loss.

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh ironically it’s what my wife thought in 2018 he had a grade 2 which made him miss 4 games. If he likely has a grade 1 then he’s basically game to game now. 

Amazing!  What is her diagnosis on Tre’ White and his never ending recovery?

35 minutes ago, BananaB said:

With all the injuries on D I don’t think we are .500 team without Josh. Especially with teams knowing they can bring in big sets and just run it down our throat for 10 minute drives. 

For the most part we can probably do without Josh OR Poyer and Milano for a handful of games in the regular season, as long as those playing don't mess the bed. But we can't afford to be missing all three.

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well if you read the

previous posts on UCL tears if surgery is needed it may involve Tommy John and if it is Tommy John then Josh Allen played his last game as a Bill 

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20609599/

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

At this point, any news other than Tommy John surgery and I would be ecstatic. I just wanted to hear that eliminated as an option as soon as possible.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20609599/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.