Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Timing with what?    Even though it's unusual for any QB to have suffered 2 UCL injuries my point is that he's taken a ton of punishment.....not that an arm injury alone is going to end his career.    He could have TJ surgery tomorrow and come back throwing stronger than ever in 2024.    That's the way TJ often works.........pitchers come back throwing harder.    It's about the hard miles in general.    

Gotcha thanks. My timing comment was that this was in a thread about his elbow bruise which occurred in the pocket and happens all the time randomly to QB's, and not from additional wear and tear taking off running.

Things were just a little too happy in Bills fandom world. A horrific loss and JA injured? 

The football gods are righting the ship. Back to heartbreak and dejection. 

Or, maybe it was just one really bad game that we have every year and Josh will be 100% tomorrow. 

Vikings game will tell us everything we need to know about how the rest of this season goes, assuming Josh plays of course. If he doesn’t,… go Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not like this. We could be down our #1 CB, WLB, SS, FS, EDGE, and RT (admittedly his backup is not much of a drop off). That's literally half our starting defense. If we're missing that many people and Allen there is no chance we are winning this game. Against the Texans, maybe. Against even a .400 team no way.

Yes.........injuries like that.    The Jets have been decimated too.   And it's the defensive side of the ball where the Bills have so heavily invested in depth.   The backups at CB, edge and WLB are 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.     Why Tre White isn't back is a f*cking mystery but at 11 months post-op next week...... it's time to stop saying he is injured.   He's not.    

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a little worried too, obviously, but based off Allen's last throw, what he said in his PC, the fact that he wasn't sitting in the PC with a cast on his arm or ice on his elbow, and now Rap's report, I'll be surprised if he doesn't play on Sunday.

Can't imagine it's a serious sprain just based on the throw and his attitude (and naked arm) after the game at the PC.

If he sits, he sits.  But I think we averted disaster and people need to relax a bit.  

Josh will take this game as (what Von calls) good medicine and have an epic comeback game against the Vikings.  

The injury was frightening, but I think people are being a little doom and gloom despite the events after the injury.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Give me another recent example of this working.    Jimmy G?  Trey Lance?  Jared Goff?  Matthew Stafford is playing some of the worst football of his career in year 2 in McVay's similar system.    Nowhere in the Mike/Kyle Shanahan history has their offense ever been known to not get QB's hit.  

The first and easiest fix was address the WR position aggressively in either of the past 2 offseasons.    Didn't happen.       

The dolphins who are running his system with a guy who is one concussion from retirement 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

TBH I didn’t think that even you would revel in an injury and come here to mock Case Keenum but Pats fans gotta Pats fan I suppose.

where was I mocking an injury?  I was mocking posters who claimed Keenum was good for 11 wins (same was said about Mitch last season).

Try to keep up.

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Timing with what?    Even though it's unusual for any QB to have suffered 2 UCL injuries my point is that he's taken a ton of punishment.....not that an arm injury alone is going to end his career.    He could have TJ surgery tomorrow and come back throwing stronger than ever in 2024.    That's the way TJ often works.........pitchers come back throwing harder.    It's about the hard miles in general.    

He’s done as a professional football player if he doesn’t play till 2024 

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

David Chao on Nfl radio with some insight and speculation.   He is guessing a sprain which could mean missing practice and possibly a game or two.  If a tear that would be bad obviously.  UCL is important for power and accuracy.   If it’s a sprain and there is risk of worsening it he may need to sit for a couple weeks.  Could need platlet rich plasma injection or some sort which would be several weeks.  

if SB next week he thinks he would play but since it’s not he thinks he probably won’t play this week.  

Sure looks like it’s leaning this way.  They are prob getting opinions on which way to go as more “ tests” seems unlikely. Mri should be definitive by now so it’s a matter of which path to go depending on the diagnosis which is what I think mcds cryptic talk means. I would be pleasantly shocked if Allen somehow played this week, but I don’t expect that and I’m more concerned he will be out for a few weeks   If our record tumbles, he might be done depending on the standings and how many we lose if he’s out. A decision on surgery , if that’s still on the table to Josh as an option , of course ends the season and would prob happen asap ( once acute swelling is resolving) so it gives him his best shot to be fully recovered for next year. Should have the definitive decision on Wednesday. Man , what a gut shot that could be , esp for us older fans with limited shots left! 😊

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.