Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So in other words half this board is going to get their wish and see what life is like without Josh Allen. Here’s a hint you’re going to miss him…..alot 

who wants to see what it’s like without Josh.  People critiquing his play lately are not saying they want him gone.  We are about to see how badly Bean has handles the OL situation if JA is out. 

Love Michael Robinson on the Bills show with Tasker and Brownie.   Recommend watching todays show. 

Mike was commenting/ critical about ; 

our turnovers , we rank 3 rd in the nfl.  Can’t continue and be successful. ( 15 t/ o in 8 games). Our identity as a throwing offense is responsible  for more turnovers). Still , Josh knows he can’t throw these ints. 

tackling is bad , we had a bad day , players don’t get enough practice time now

Dion Dawkins had a bad day , obvious jets picked on him. Jets really went after him in pass pro and Dawkins had a really bad day. He would admit that.  

shakir ( only had 15 snaps).slot needs more production and he needs more snaps. 

guys in locker room need to understand they are “the hunted” now and they need to know they will face more intensity than prior seasons. Need to accept that mindset and step up to it weekly. Guys in the locker room need to get used to this type of stress. 

thought the colts hiring Saturday was a joke , like Saturday night live, and it’s obvious they don’t plan on winning any more games this year! ( pretty funny) 

we are a passing team but we have to develop a legit running threat for situational football. Singletary  needs more than 24 yards. We need to run more effectively. 

milanos absence on d was really evident. Obvious he needs to get and stay healthy. 

should have gotten more from gabe davis. He did drop that last pass right in his chest and we need more from him. Gabe admitted he dropped that pass. Mike said that last pass was the BEST PASS OF THE YEAR !  ( hearing that makes me feel worse niw that we lost and we shouldn’t have) 

Diggs is Josh’s current safety blanket and makes himself available to Josh.  Great chemistry. 

leaders , all pros , are hurt. Hyde, white, Milano , poyer, were all gone. These are THE guys!  Need a conscious effort on tackling during the week and game. All great teams have one of these days.  It’s going to happen. We are missing all pro players. 

it’s vital we recover , turn the page , but it’s vital the playoffs come thru high mark. 

Great guy with good analysis and credibility as a prior good player.  Check it out on YouTube if you get a chance! 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Entire franchises ride on the backs of QB's. I wouldn't let Allen anywhere near a football field if I thought it would take away from the next 10 years of my franchise. 

I know the Super Bowl is palpable but at 6-2 we have some leeway to at least sit Allen for a few weeks and come back a bit better and safer long term. Our two loses to two decent Miami and Jets teams absolutely blows. 

I think it's time people start revising their expectations of Josh Allen being an elite QB for "the next 10 years".    

No QB that has taken a beating anything close to Allen has been elite past their year 8 season.........this is year 5 for him.

Maybe he defies the odds and makes it another 10 years as a top 5 QB but this also might be his best shot at a SB..........it's by no means a given that a long career of All Pro level football remains ahead.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If he can play 60% and it’s just a pain management thing, I hope he plays. Because we can’t afford to keep losing games and we are in big trouble without him

Shut him down until he’s healthy. We can’t afford anymore damage to his elbow and potentially risk Tommy John and jeopardize his career. This year doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things. 

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's time people start revising their expectations of Josh Allen being an elite QB for "the next 10 years".    

No QB that has taken a beating anything close to Allen has been elite past their year 8 season.........this is year 5 for him.

Maybe he defies the odds and makes it another 10 years as a top 5 QB but this also might be his best shot at a SB..........it's by no means a given that a long career of All Pro level football remains ahead.   

I agree.  I know the talent level between them is not the same, but look how quickly Newton fell off the map after playing superman for 4-5 years. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bean needs to fix the OL, and get a running game beyond JA 

I think Josh Allen will be fine it is just precautionary to see what damage is done and if he can play with the injury without doing further damage to the injury or if the Bills have to shut him down for a few weeks. I think what you might see is less pass plays protecting Josh Allen elbow. Josh Allen has other assets like running the football he will play unless there is significant damage but I am not a doctor Bill Belichick day to day in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just now, RiotAct said:

No.  No, no, no

If it’s shown that he has any damage to his UCL, yes. He would be out 4 weeks and back for the playoffs. If we make the playoffs let him play, if we don’t, pack it in. I want Allen around for many years to come. 
This is Beanes fault for not protecting Allen. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

No we're not. Case Keenum is  more than capable of winning games.

We can’t run the ball. Teams are going to just completely take Diggs away. We will get suffocated without Allen. This isn’t a team with an above avg running game that you can lean on. We have an elite playmaker at QB that opens everything up. The Vikings will probably kill us is Keanum plays.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.