Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Just now, zow2 said:

Just give Josh the rest he needs.  Give Keenum the Zach Wilson game plan from yesterday (hit your short passes and don’t screw up the game by turning it over).

If Keenum can’t execute it, let Barkley have a try.

Keenum is brutal, man.

The season is done if Allen is lost for any time. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, zow2 said:

Just give Josh the rest he needs.  Give Keenum the Zach Wilson game plan from yesterday (hit your short passes and don’t screw up the game by turning it over).

If Keenum can’t execute it, let Barkley have a try.

From what I have seen, Keenum is awful. I would prefer Barkley over him.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Yup, I would say very unsettling. I bet something happened in the Green Bay game and it was further aggravated yesterday. He needs to sit as long as it takes to get to 100%. My prediction on how I will be dealing with this over the next 48 hours

Stage 1 - Ok, I don't even care about the #1 seed, just hope Allen is back for the Cleveland game

Stage 2 - Let's just get him back for Jets and Miami games so we can still win the division

Stage 3 - Monitoring Chargers and Patriots hoping to grab a Wild Card

Stage 4 - Are we listed on "in the hunt" yet?

I honestly think they can win a fair amount with Keenum.   We wont see as many double digit games but they can win.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Keenum is brutal, man.

The season is done if Allen is lost for any time. 

I don’t disagree.  But if JA really needs to rest the elbow, they may have no choice. even at 6-3 or 6-4 they can still make the playoffs and hopefully have him back healthier.  And it’s possible the D will ball out and win a game or two on their side of the ball.

Dr. David Chao on Movin' the Chains SiriusXM NFL Radio just said if he were a betting man, he would say Josh will miss 1-2 games to let the UCL heal. But no surgery or anything like that. If this were the playoffs, Josh would play.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Ready to practice does not equate to ready for live game action.  He hasn't played in 11 months, there is a LOT of stuff that he needs to get back into football shape with.  They are not risking putting him back out there before he is ready to play FOOTBALL, not just practice and be medically cleared.  

I'm not sure how it is surprising that a player will need time to ramp up to playing in an actual game when he hasn't been able to practice for 11 months.  

And everyone thinks that OBJ will come on and save the offense,  after having his surgery 2 months after Tre.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Dr. David Chow on Movin' the Chains SiriusXM NFL Radio just said if he was a betting man, he would say Josh will miss 1-2 games to let the UCL heal. But no surgery or anything like that. If this were the playoffs, Josh would play.

So in other words half this board is going to get their wish and see what life is like without Josh Allen. Here’s a hint you’re going to miss him…..alot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Stop with the doomsday bullcrap. Allen had a UCL injury has rookie season and he was fine afterwards. Hopefully this time is less severe, or at least no worse. But there’s no reason to be talking worst case scenarios already. 

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.