Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Does anyone else get frustrated with the Whole Tre saga? 

MCD says he is just not ready.. yet no setbacks.. but yet since he has been activated he just continues to be  day to day How much can change in days? He must be good to go, we see videos of him moving pretty good. 

Do you think Tre is having any sort of Mental Hurdles to going full out? Or is this staff just being overly cautious..

Tre looks like a well toned ripped athlete who shouldn't take long to get back into football shape.

I would not be surprised at all if it's a mental thing. Love Tre but he never struck me as a guy with a killer instinct for football. Cares a lot about life outside the game. He also really struggled with the decision to play during the covid year and was considering skipping the season.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

My mothers cleaning lady said Allen came into the Jets game with a sprained arm. Whatever happened in yesterdays game aggravated what he already had.  She wouldn’t say how she knew this.  Lol.  i’m not making it up. The cleaning lady.

This is why I love this place, no sarcasm.

• Haha (+1) 3

We’’re all living and dying with this.  Myself included.  But I thought McD was pretty light in the presser.  Not what I would expect if preliminary analysis was devastating.  

The Rapaport report probably is right. Somebody in team PR likely fed it to him.  Happens all the time in exchange for help with other stuff later.  I can’t believe an athlete with a $250m contract wouldn’t be able to cut the line and have an MRI (and have it read) within 24 hours of the incident.  So I suspect that they’ve had the MRI done and read, and that McD is playing a little loose with this one to make the Vikings prep for Allen and Keenum on Sunday.  I won’t feel good until I see Allen on the field on Sunday.  But I feel better than I did an hour ago. 

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Trimble isn’t a physician. He’s never had to make a diagnosis in his career. He treats patient after a medical doctor has done all the work diagnosing and recommending physical therapy. He’s very good at what he does, which is treating with physical therapy injuries which have been diagnosed by someone else and seeing how long it takes for patients to recover from different types of injuries. Anyone with any medical background can look at what happened to Josh and make guesses about what injuries could have occurred. 

I'm going to hazard a guess here, that you haven't worked closely with many really good, PhD level physical therapists.

I have absolutely had a really good PT diagnose me - after a Dr visit and tests - said walk here, turn there, hold this up, pressed (SCREAMS), proceeded to write a note to doctor suggesting re-examination and different tests.  Have others in my social circle with similar experiences.   Part of the issue is that the art of physical examination is not as thoroughly taught to physicians these days, when tests are more objective - but they have to be the right tests looking at the right part.

Then I'm gonna let this go, because it really doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The fact they are still evaluating is unsettling......probably MRI and other things.   

Yup, I would say very unsettling. I bet something happened in the Green Bay game and it was further aggravated yesterday. He needs to sit as long as it takes to get to 100%. My prediction on how I will be dealing with this over the next 48 hours

Stage 1 - Ok, I don't even care about the #1 seed, just hope Allen is back for the Cleveland game

Stage 2 - Let's just get him back for Jets and Miami games so we can still win the division

Stage 3 - Monitoring Chargers and Patriots hoping to grab a Wild Card

Stage 4 - Are we listed on "in the hunt" yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Hopefully he can play but I really hope the Bills let Singletary and Cook do all of the running 100%. No need for Josh to run especially if he is hurting. We need Josh throwing the ball not running it. No need for him to take extra hits.

I don't understand this thought process anymore.

More serious injuries happen to QBs in the pocket.  Yesterday was a good example.  Also, the only injury he had that ever made him miss games was in the pocket in his rookie year.  If anything, on that particular play I was actually thinking to myself while watching it that he would run because the pocket was collapsing on him.  

Let Josh go seek contact.  Those in-pocket hits are what terrify me.

• Agree 1

It's the franchise QB.

If it was anything serious,, every darn test in the world would have been done by now and they would have immediate results.

If Josh Allen isn't ok, then I would be totally shocked.

And if I'm and Allen if he is going to miss time, kiss this season good bye as there is NO WAY Keenum is winning games. The guy is brutal.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

It's the franchise QB.

If it was anything serious,, every darn test in the world would have been done by now and they would have immediate results.

If Josh Allen isn't ok, then I would be totally shocked.

I view this is as leaving no stone unturned type of thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.