Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im assuming they heard, along with Nate and Graham, that they are examining the elbow for further damage and also under the context that he had a UCL injury a few years ago.  

I’ll try to give benefit of the doubt, as I can see how that’s worrisome, but yea….. the Rap tweet is NOT what I was expecting after all the drama. 

He is denying all wrong doing on twitter, yet he liked tons of tweets about season ending injuries.

I dunno. Just a bad look overall for someone with a following regarding this team. Not professional IMO.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He had a bad second half in back to back games, not a bad game and a half.  He has 4 TD's in the first halves of both those games.  

People need to step back a second and breathe.  We don't need to over exaggerate things here.  

1. We are a missed FG by Bass and a dropped pass by Davis from winning the Jets game and being 2-0 in this "bad stretch".  
  2. GB and Jets have excellent secondaries, and that allowed them to not blitz much, in fact Jets I think blitzed only twice all game.  This gave them extra guys in coverage and Dorsey failed to make the adjustments we needed.  
  3. Jets especially have an excellent front 7 and brought pressure all day with their front 4, again allowing them to take away the big play from the Bills in the passing game.  

End of the day...the bigger concern here IMHO is Dorsey.  He needs to figure out how to make adjustments because we just watched 2 teams in back to back weeks make halftime adjustments to take his offense out of sync.  Guys are not getting open, especially Davis.  Dorsey needs to scheme better to give Josh more options.  

This is what happens when you don't have a threat out of the slot like we did with Cole.  McKenzie experiment needs to end, its an utter failure like I said it would be.  They specifically said part of the reason they traded for Hines was to use him to return kicks so Shakir would no longer have to even though he has done a good job.  Beane said they are asking a lot of him as a rookie to return kicks and learn to play WR at the NFL level and want to free him up to focus on being a WR.  

This tells me they both recognize the need to get Shakir more involved in the passing game and plan too, and this offense needs that.  Now it is up to Dorsey to scheme better and give more outlets to Josh like Knox, Shakir, the RB's, etc.  

Bills also are only getting minimal possessions after the half due to teams being successful running the ball so well.  Basically 4 possessions in both games...the D needs to force punts.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Being overdramatic and putting out anything in advance, other than "we hear he's undergoing testing/more to come as we find out" is ridiculous.  Clickbait or not, alot of fans care alot about the team/Josh's health...no reason to be dramatic, unless certain.

As much as I like their reviews/commentary, this type of thing turns me off to their content...

THIS

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

This is factually untrue.  Allen fractured his collarbone running the ball 13 plays into his first start with Wyoming.  We have guys posting on this board who were at that game and witnessed it.  He was scrambling at the time and lowered his shoulder into the Safety. 

Later, he suffered a L shoulder injury against the Raiders in week 4; he was scrambling outside the pocket but still behind the LOS and trying to throw.

It appeared to affect his passing ability for the next ~3-4 weeks even though it was his non-throwing shoulder, Hasselbeck had the same injury and explained why

Then, he suffered what looked like a potential serious knee injury on a corkscrew tackle by Joey Bosa week 12 against the Chargers, again out of the pocket and trying to run.

Last year, he suffered a foot injury reported as turf toe against the Jags last year, left the stadium in a walking boot, and was limited all week but it seemed to be a non-issue in the following week's game.  Again it was at the end of a scramble.

To say Josh has "never been hurt running the ball" or that "all his injuries came from throwing in the pocket" is just not correct.

I thought the Wyoming one was on a sack.  Other than that, it is true.  Allen has not missed a game in the NFL or since that injury you said he was scrambling on in Wyoming from an injury that occured on him running the ball as a runner.  

Every game he has missed has come on a pass related injury.  That is the fact.  You literally just tried to add in injury scares to count them as injuries.  

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Bills also are only getting minimal possessions after the half due to teams being successful running the ball so well.  Basically 4 possessions in both games...the D needs to force punts.

which begs the question:

when the same problems bedevil this team in three consecutive seasons, what's the cause?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That was a fluke.  Have you seen Keenam play since then?  Im not even talking about his terrible Bills play.  Im talking his terrible play everywhere else too.  Keenum is not good.

For God's sake---Case Keenum is frigging HORRIBLE.

If he has to start a game, we will lose.  If he has to start a lot of games we will miss the playoffs.

The good news is that Josh is NOT injured; he dinged up his arm on a throw.

He'll be OK.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That was a fluke.  Have you seen Keenam play since then?  Im not even talking about his terrible Bills play.  Im talking his terrible play everywhere else too.  Keenum is not good. 

Not you man... im talking stupid Tim Graham and the guy that wrote that.

Graham's antics of "WHO'S TO SAY" responses to fans were pathetic. Pegula should revoke his press pass 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes.  I've said this elsewhere, but some seem to think the D is "doing its job" because they're holding opponents to 20 points or less. 

But that's not the whole picture.  They need to be able to stop these long grinding clock eating drives.

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Smart-Select-20221107-152453-Slack.jpg

As I said earlier I have no reason to think Erik Turner is making things up. At this point we just have to wait and see how severe it is. I'm thinking the Bills put something out to Rappaport to quell some of the rumors floating around... but they don't really know anything for sure yet.

Your initial post was doom and gloom like he knew something.  This post indicates he knows nothing other than he is being tested, which everyone knew and he is speculating.  Come on man.

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Smart-Select-20221107-152453-Slack.jpg

As I said earlier I have no reason to think Erik Turner is making things up. At this point we just have to wait and see how severe it is. I'm thinking the Bills put something out to Rappaport to quell some of the rumors floating around... but they don't really know anything for sure yet.

Erik is correct here. It WAS POSSIBLE he could have needed season ending surgery.  Erik states tho he had no inside info. Raps report I think means the initial MRI was neg for injury requiring surgery.  No need to “ qwell” rumors; that does nothing practical as rumors mean nothing to the Bills.  I am thinking Josh is having some type of symptom like numbness or some hand or finger weakness and that would require other possible testing in addition to an mri POSSIBLY    

I don’t think Raps is posting that if the Bills know Josh has a season ending , surgery requiring injury. That hurts everyone’s credibility. Just my opinion. 😊. I do think he might need further testing.  Presser will reveal all. Hope for the best ( tho not needing surgery is actually the best other than a win with no injury and an o line that can pass protect! ) 

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Everyone settle down.  We will have our answer when McDermott speaks in 10 minutes 🥺

My guess is he has to look at the tape.  But seriously, unless the injury is serious (as in done for the season) I don't think we'll learn much from McD.  He is usually guarded on that and just says he'll defer to the medical staff.

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Not so sure I would put the not missing any games in the thread title. Ongoing tests could mean anything at this point.

It said "not expected", which means if something happens that they don't expect, like him having issues throwing during the week or prior to the game, he could...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.