Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Say what you will about Rapoport, but at least he's actually passing along what he's heard in plain English, instead of trolling everybody for clicks like the Buffalo media and Cover 1 guys are doing at the moment.

Yup. Either say it or don't. This "I'm trying to be brave" crap from Lake Erie is just look at me type stuff that makes him look foolish. 

I won't be able to listen to him desperately trying to talk over other hosts on WGR in order to get air time the same way

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

So the most credible stuff at present IMO comes from Banged Up Bills (Dr Kyle Trimble, PT)

It's clear that Allen's elbow is forced back at an unnatural angle, something that typically does cause a sprain or strain.

The good news is that "Josh Allen is Gumby" (tm): he follows a S&C program that is designed to improve and maintain flexibility while still being strong.  So we'll hope for the best.

Thanks...but I wouldn't call this credible.  He may be credible on listing what is possible, but nothing about this is a credible update to what Josh's situation actually is.  This is someone with no knowledge of Josh's status just saying these things are possible.  

This guys tweet is like when I was 22 years old and got super sick and went on WebMD and self diagnosed myself as having stage 2 syphilis and went to a free healthcare clinic where they laughed at me and said "so you are one of the 52 people in all of Los Angeles huh?"  Took them about 3 min to figure out I had strept throat and just needed an antibiotic 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So the most credible stuff at present IMO comes from Banged Up Bills (Dr Kyle Trimble, PT)

It's clear that Allen's elbow is forced back at an unnatural angle, something that typically does cause a sprain or strain.

The good news is that "Josh Allen is Gumby" (tm): he follows a S&C program that is designed to improve and maintain flexibility while still being strong.  So we'll hope for the best.

I've had ulner nerve injury.   Painful but can play thru. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yup. Either say it or don't. This "I'm trying to be brave" crap from Lake Erie is just look at me type stuff that makes him look foolish. 

I won't be able to listen to him desperately trying to talk over other hosts on WGR in order to get air time the same way

Lake Erie is full of SH@#!  

https://www.wkbn.com/news/ohio/no-swimming-at-cleveland-area-beach-after-285000-gallons-of-combined-sewage-flows-into-lake-erie/

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Trust me, they do. There are times this year when I have known the status of injured players before it was officially announced. I don't usually post it here because I don't like posting injury speculation. I'm just doing it this time because it's obviously more important than usual.

Wow, pretty worrisome.  Those guys are not prone to hyperbole in my experience watching them the past couple of years. 

The main concern is the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow and when he got hit , strip sacked , he was in full throwing motion.  Resistance against that force can either partially or completely tear that ligament and the ulnar nerve running under the ligament was obviously irritated or involved as you can see Josh rubbing the outside of his hand that’s supplied by that nerve. If all those cover 1 guys are saying they “. Feel sick “ about this , it sure worries me that the ligament might have torn requiring surgery which is season ending. 

Bills are pretty tight lipped and most content producers medical info I have seen have not really added anymore than what info I could see  see from watching the game myself. The cover 1 guys so far have quite a bit of integrity , but it is hard to fathom that Josh’s mri results got out.  I hope if they did find out something it’s not a complete tear.  Honestly tho, I posted before I was worried hearing Josh say in post game presser he was still having pain but would work thru  it and be ok. He is so tough , and at that point he was still under some game induced adrenaline , and I was just thinking out loud how often  I have seen injuries stiffen up and worsen over the following 24-48 hours as inflammation sets in and more swelling can develop. He may have gotten worse over night in terms of symptoms and swelling. 

I really , really hope it’s not a complete tear. No way to know tho without those mri results. Losing Josh for any period given the way the team played the past few quarters is potentially season threatening.  Vikes are confident ( their new tight end from Lions caught 9/9 targets yesterday according to the QB on macafee’s show.  Why couldn’t we use Hines more is a dorsey issue perhaps. ), and all if the AFC East is much better than expected.  If we get news Josh is seeking another opinion etc, the worry meter goes up concerning a complete tear. Hoping for the best till the mri results are known , but there is valid reason to be concerned. 

I also saw some communication from a usually reliable source yesterday saying news about poyer is also not good and it’s possible he is done fir the season. That pop he felt and heard was possibly a distal biceps tendon rupture and while non athletes can recover without surgery ( but have limited strength later etc) , most athletes would need surgery to regain full function. Will see, but these next couple of days could really be deflating if both Josh and Poyer require surgery.  Poyer is at the moment more likely to be out.  Hoping for the best but concern is pretty warranted.  

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

did it heal up eventually (no pain and no loss of function/strength)? 

Yep.  But it was annoying until it did as i would get tingles to the fingers and up into shoulder.   Even when just leaning on the arm.   Ice after and a shot during was only prescription until you can rest 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks...but I wouldn't call this credible.  He may be credible on listing what is possible, but nothing about this is a credible update to what Josh's situation actually is.  This is someone with no knowledge of Josh's status just saying these things are possible.  

This guys tweet is like when I was 22 years old and got super sick and went on WebMD and self diagnosed myself as having stage 2 syphilis and went to a free healthcare clinic where they laughed at me and said "so you are one of the 52 people in all of Los Angeles huh?"  Took them about 3 min to figure out I had strept throat and just needed an antibiotic 😂

With all due respect, Alpha, I don't think it's at all the same thing.  Trimble is a PhD Physical Therapist. 

All of the PhD Physical Therapists I know can watch video or listen to a description of an injury, lay hands upon the injured party and do some little manipulation that makes the injured one scream, and then say "well, your orthopedist will probably want an MRI, but tentatively this could be....."  A week later when the MRI comes back (us civilians having to wait a bit for 'em) the diagnosis invariably matches.

Analogizing the injury analysis of a trained PT and the self-diagnosis of a tweener on WebMD is just silly, no insult to you intended.  Education matters.

It's not credible in the sense that it's not a confirmed report from the Bills or even an NFL insider, but it's credible in the sense of it's the eye of a highly trained medical professional, which puts it way ahead of Some Guy on Twitter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.