Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

I don't know where all this panic is coming from.  What am I missing because I can't find a single credible source saying anything other than day to day right now.  There are just some random twitter posters are they are hearing rumors or rumblings...but their sources seem to just be other random people posting fears or concerns without actually any information or knowledge.  

Obviously it would be awful to see Josh miss time or the season, but end of the day, right now there is not a single shred of information I can find anywhere that remotely suggests he will be out a significant amount of time or for the season.

• Big Turk changed the title to Josh Allen injury update(per Ian Rappoport monitoring elbow but not expected to miss any games)
2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Whelp if the Cover1 people turned out to be posting click bait garbage I will never post them on this site again.

THIS - not joking either.

I listened to all their pods since 2018 and if they used this situation to gain followers and interactions on social media - they just lost a listener and supporter.

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Most likely outcome is Allen missing 4-6 weeks, IMO

That's a gut punch, but if we can win 3/6 and get to 9-5 when he returns after 6 weeks off we'll have a shot to make a run in the playoffs

Not sure that's "sick to my stomach" type news though. It's bad, but typical NFL stuff

The more important question is will the sprain heal in 6 weeks or will it still be an issue? 

Right now, we are 1/2 game up in the loss column on Miami and the Jets.  They are both 2-1 in the Division.  We're 0-2.  

If we only win 3 out of the next 6, how is that not sick to my stomach news?  Is Miami going on a losing streak too?  The Jets? Only winning 3 out of the next 6 means we even have to worry about the Pats.

Just now, SCBills said:

How is this the tweet we get after all the hysterics?

IDGAF… Give me Keenum on Sunday.  His arm better be 100% if they put him out there. 

Bills know our season hinges on Allen being healthy for the playoffs.  I am fully confident Allen will only play Sunday if the injury is a non issue.  They are not going to take chances with his throwing elbow.  Especially since we are 6-2 and still the number 1 seed.  If they had to sit Allen for a week or two, worst case scenario is to lose those games and we would still be 6-4 and in full control of a playoff run still.  They know having Josh for the playoffs is substantially more important than Home Field Advantage.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't know where all this panic is coming from.  What am I missing because I can't find a single credible source saying anything other than day to day right now.  There are just some random twitter posters are they are hearing rumors or rumblings...but their sources seem to just be other random people posting fears or concerns without actually any information or knowledge.  

Obviously it would be awful to see Josh miss time or the season, but end of the day, right now there is not a single shred of information I can find anywhere that remotely suggests he will be out a significant amount of time or for the season.

So the most credible stuff at present IMO comes from Banged Up Bills (Dr Kyle Trimble, PT)

It's clear that Allen's elbow is forced back at an unnatural angle, something that typically does cause a sprain or strain.

The good news is that "Josh Allen is Gumby" (tm): he follows a S&C program that is designed to improve and maintain flexibility while still being strong.  So we'll hope for the best.

Just now, rayray808 said:

THIS - not joking either.

I listened to all their pods since 2018 and if they used this situation to gain followers and interactions on social media - they just lost a listener and supporter.

Im assuming they heard, along with Nate and Graham, that they are examining the elbow for further damage and also under the context that he had a UCL injury a few years ago.  

I’ll try to give benefit of the doubt, as I can see how that’s worrisome, but yea….. the Rap tweet is NOT what I was expecting after all the drama. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Whelp if the Cover1 people turned out to be posting click bait garbage I will never post them on this site again.

Agree, this would be FANTASTIC...after all the doom and gloom.

As I said before:

1. Josh has had a UCL before, he immediately collapsed to the ground and removed from game.

2. Jets took a timeout, gave our training staff a chance to look him over/talk to him.  Now Josh could have said "I'm ok", but they aren't risking their franchise QB on 4th and 21 (low chance of converting, in a regular season game).

3. Josh knows his arm, he isn't unloading a 60+ yard pass if he thinks he has an issue.  He's a super tough/competitor, but not enough to risk a serious injury (if he thought it was more than minor)

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He could have partially torn his UCL and thrown that pass.    That would qualify as an elbow sprain.    I think he did that to some extent against Houston in 2019.  Depending on how serious the tear is he could play thru that.   Former Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka partially tore his UCL and has pitched with it like that for like 6-7 years now.    He intentionally doesn't throw as hard to protect it but would throw harder when he needed to.   The UCL is more likely to tear entirely once it's partially torn and really never heals completely without reconstruction but he might be able to finish the season.

Entire franchises ride on the backs of QB's. I wouldn't let Allen anywhere near a football field if I thought it would take away from the next 10 years of my franchise. 

I know the Super Bowl is palpable but at 6-2 we have some leeway to at least sit Allen for a few weeks and come back a bit better and safer long term. Our two loses to two decent Miami and Jets teams absolutely blows. 

Just now, Process said:

Geary can go f himself 

I don't understand where all that doom and gloom came from based on these latest reports

That's the type of thing that destroys their credibility going forward. I was like "oh oh" because it sounded like some people who might be in the know were privvy to something they shouldn't have been and therefore couldn't say anything (but sort of were anyway)

Now they're all firmly in the internet troll camp

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.