Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Not sure that's "sick to my stomach" type news though. It's bad, but typical NFL stuff

If I suddenly heard the news that Allen is going to miss a few weeks I would be sick to my stomach too. But now in the context of him otherwise needing to get season-ending UCL surgery I will breathe a sigh of relief if that's the news.

Seems like a few reporters/analysts around the Bills have gotten word that he has some kind of UCL sprain. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see how severe and how long he'll be out. If he doesn't get surgery and rehabs it he'll be back in a few weeks albeit with a lot of pain in that area. Knowing how competitive Allen is I am certain he would take that route over season-ending surgery given the choice.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

When it comes to elbow injuries, especially re-injuring that same UCL, my worry is Tommy John and his arm never being the same and not playing until 2024. 

So 4-6 weeks out would be amazing news. Perspective I suppose

Yeah. This is where I'm at as well.

I'm not as worried about the arm never being the same... baseball/football throwing is different.

I just don't want to miss 1.5 seasons of Josh Allen because it'll take some time to get back to normal. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

When it comes to elbow injuries, especially re-injuring that same UCL, my worry is Tommy John and his arm never being the same and not playing until 2024. 

So 4-6 weeks out would be amazing news. Perspective I suppose

Username checks out.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

So I'm guessing that in Josh's rookie season, he might have come back sooner but they wanted him to sit and learn for a bit, after they got Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley into the building to model by example how an NFL QB needs to train and prepare during the week.

But like any sprain, the real question is the severity.  I think Josh had a Grade II or maybe III sprain his rookie season. 

Banged up is hoping for Grade 1 here, which means stretching but no  or minimal tearing.

Problem is he's already had the injury before... I just asked some "friends" and they said 4-6 weeks is a safe guess.

Suggested that TJ may be an option because he's done it before. 

• Big Turk changed the title to Josh Allen injury update(per Ian Rappoport monitoring it but not expected to miss time)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.