Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

I can’t imagine a scenario where we just played like complete garbage against the Jets and then beat a red hot 7-1 team with Keanum  as the QB. In a world or on a team where you have an excellent run game to lean on and you can actually try and just feed a RB and not get killed by QB mistakes…fine. We have none of that. Josh is the running game too. If he can play even at 70%, he needs to because we are going to be a mess without him.  Can’t keep giving up these regular season games because the Chiefs aren’t going to lose. If he can’t play then fine, it is what it is…but you have to stop just holding these guys back assuming our backups are good enough to win games. They are backups for a reason. We are being way to casual with these regular season games and not taking opponents seriously. We are going to ***** around and end up losing the division 

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t forget the throw over the middle that was a mess. 

It’s not about the accuracy.  It’s about the decision making.  And, right now, it’s bad.  Concussions are funny things.  Whether it’s a concussion or something else, he is way off right now. 

While I agree and the concussion theory has some merit in my book his footwork the last 2 weeks has been awful. 

This whole vague tweet game blue check marks play is wayyyy more fun when it’s about trades and signings. 

They know the entire Twitter based Bills Mafia is now worried the season ended yesterday re: Allen, and it’s a fun little game of “I know something you don’t know”. 

Most likely outcome is Allen missing 4-6 weeks, IMO

That's a gut punch, but if we can win 3/6 and get to 9-5 when he returns after 6 weeks off we'll have a shot to make a run in the playoffs

Not sure that's "sick to my stomach" type news though. It's bad, but typical NFL stuff

The more important question is will the sprain heal in 6 weeks or will it still be an issue? 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He could have partially torn his UCL and thrown that pass.    That would qualify as an elbow sprain.    I think he did that to some extent against Houston in 2019.  Depending on how serious the tear is he could play thru that.   Former Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka partially tore his UCL and has pitched with it like that for like 6-7 years now.    He intentionally doesn't throw as hard to protect it but would throw harder when he needed to.   The UCL is more likely to tear entirely once it's partially torn and really never heals completely without reconstruction but he might be able to finish the season.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight into the injury

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

That's a gut punch, but if we can win 3/6 and get to 9-5 when he returns after 6 weeks off we'll have a shot to make a run in the playoffs

Not sure that's "sick to my stomach" type news though. It's bad, but typical NFL stuff

That would qualify as sick to my stomach news to people who aren’t worried the news is he’s done for the year. 

I would’ve been sick if I heard that this morning. 

Now that I’m worried we won’t see him until 2023, id breathe a sigh of relief over 3-6 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The more important question is will the sprain heal in 6 weeks or will it still be an issue? 

I don't think you understand how bad our offense will be without Allen. 

Bottom 5 in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Were you saying this after the first half yesterday?  He had the boneheaded INT, but otherwise looked pretty sharp in the first half (Two TDs and put them in FG position in under a minute).  Did the cobwebs just disappear for the first half?

Josh wasn't a sharp passer in the first half of the Jets game. 

I don't think he was sharp in the first half of the GB game either. Two big chunk plays match an otherwise underwhelming performance of 5/8, 38 yards, and a 1 yard TD to Knox. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That would qualify as sick to my stomach news to people who aren’t worried the news is he’s done for the year. 

I would’ve been sick if I heard that this morning. 

Now that I’m worried we won’t see him until 2023, id breathe a sigh of relief over 3-6 weeks. 

When it comes to elbow injuries, especially re-injuring that same UCL, my worry is Tommy John and his arm never being the same and not playing until 2024. 

So 4-6 weeks out would be amazing news. Perspective I suppose

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t imagine a scenario where we just played like complete garbage against the Jets and then beat a red hot 7-1 team with Keanum  as the QB. In a world or on a team where you have an excellent run game to lean on and you can actually try and just feed a RB and not get killed by QB mistakes…fine. We have none of that. Josh is the running game too. If he can play even at 70%, he needs to because we are going to be a mess without him.  Can’t keep giving up these regular season games because the Chiefs aren’t going to lose. If he can’t play then fine, it is what it is…but you have to stop just holding these guys back assuming our backups are good enough to win games. They are backups for a reason. We are being way to casual with these regular season games and not taking opponents seriously. We are going to ***** around and end up losing the division 

I wouldn't quantify the Vikings as a red hot team.  Yes they have a 1 game better record than us, but their schedule has been weak and they struggled to beat lesser teams.  

We are two missed FGs from Bass from being potentially undefeated, but injuries are a concern obviously for us as we have a lot of defensive injuries and now a potential Allen elbow injury.  

But I wouldn't say we can't beat the Vikings with Keenum, they just barely beat the lowly Commanders with Heineke at QB.  In fact, they have barely beaten a lot of bad teams who had backup QB's playing.  We have a great team with a better backup than most, so I think if Allen had to sit this is still a winnable game, which is why they traded for Keenum in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Based on?

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Looking up UCL Sprains, I am reading it could take several weeks to heal...f***king great.

Allen had a similar injury in his rookie year and missed 4 games I believe.

So I'm guessing that in Josh's rookie season, he might have come back sooner but they wanted him to sit and learn for a bit, after they got Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley into the building to model by example how an NFL QB needs to train and prepare during the week.

But like any sprain, the real question is the severity.  I think Josh had a Grade II or maybe III sprain his rookie season. 

Banged up is hoping for Grade 1 here, which means stretching but no  or minimal tearing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.