Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s been our teams attitude with everyone. Don’t rush guys back, no big deal don’t dress guys that aren’t 100%. It’s just regular season…then lose to Miami and the Jets with guys out all over the defense. Not realizing that these “regular season” losses add up and are the reason why we keep having to go TO KC in the playoffs.  We need to start treating regular season games like they count because they do. If Tre White was “close” week 1, he should have been active yesterday. If Milano could have gone, he should have. I’d take 15 snaps of him over 0

Yep. Resting guys because you think you can win without them= playing at KC in January for the millionth time. I’m tired of it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That’s been our teams attitude with everyone. Don’t rush guys back, no big deal don’t dress guys that aren’t 100%. It’s just regular season…then lose to Miami and the Jets with guys out all over the defense. Not realizing that these “regular season” losses add up and are the reason why we keep having to go TO KC in the playoffs.  We need to start treating regular season games like they count because they do. If Tre White was “close” week 1, he should have been active yesterday. If Milano could have gone, he should have. I’d take 15 snaps of him over 0

Josh is the franchise, so you definitely want to be smart with his situation. We hope Josh is healthy but if can't go then having a vet QB like Keenum is a good thing. We could beat the Vikings and Browns with Case as QB. I hope Josh gets healthy and plays but we will see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

You had a point?

Why are you being such an arse?    You said I was "making ******up."  My point was that I wasn't.  Josh made that comment in an interview that was broadcast before the Green Bay game on Prime as he was discussing his admiration for Rodgers.  Then I went onto to say that I did hear Josh's presser last night and heard what he said about the reason for the pick.  So...I accepted your correction.   Are we done here...or do you wish to continue with your criticism of my post which you have red-penciled enough?

Just now, Greg S said:

Josh is the franchise, so you definitely want to be smart with his situation. We hope Josh is healthy but if can't go then having a vet QB like Keenum is a good thing. We could beat the Vikings and Browns with Case as QB. I hope Josh gets healthy and plays but we will see.

Yea … if this is an injury that requires 2-4 weeks to heal, and we’re resting dudes left and right anytime they’re below 95%, then we better rest Allen. 

Maybe playing with Keenum will force them to get back to fundamentals and run a more balanced offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Super long shot here but, what are the chances this injury makes josh re focus on the intermediate and underneath stuff that’s been missing? Maybe not having the full power on the downfield stuff will make him attempt a “B game” I know when my back is bothering me or I’m not feeling great and I’m bowling, it makes me hyper focus on fundamentals. Knowing you don’t have the full complement of physical tools could make you sharpen the mental aspect. Not comparing the games obviously but the idea isn’t inconceivable.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Super long shot here but, what are the chances this injury makes josh re focus on the intermediate and underneath stuff that’s been missing? Maybe not having the full power on the downfield stuff will make him attempt a “B game” I know when my back is bothering me or I’m not feeling great and I’m bowling, it makes me hyper focus on fundamentals. Knowing you don’t have the full complement of physical tools could make you sharpen the mental aspect. Not comparing the games obviously but the idea isn’t inconceivable.

I wish this was a joke because its f@#$ing hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Josh is going to say whatever Josh wants to say. It’s clear to anyone that Josh has not been right since the halftime at the Packers game. Something happened and he was shaking out cob webs yesterday. He has major brain fog going on. 

It is actually amazing to me how bad your takes consistently are, amongst the worst on the board just about every week all year long.  Even in the LIVE BROADCAST the announcers said they didn't think Josh could see the defender because his view was blocked.  Josh takes full accountability at all times, he is not going to say what ever he wants to say.  He has always told it like it is and was the FIRST person to take the blame every time.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Aaron and Greg and Erik from Cover 1 have all posted hints that there is bad news coming and that they are "sick to their stomach." They said they will say it when it's officially confirmed but they do not throw random rumors out there. I have a really bad feeling right now.

Uh, this is a pretty bold statement right here. This is coming across as season ending injury. Were they specifically talking about Allen? I mean, you can't just throw this stuff out there without expanding on it.

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Case has to play for a week or two then that wouldn't be the worst thing. Just no long-term injury.

My concern with these injuries is always Tommy John surgery. My understanding is that it takes possibly 18 months to recover. I don't want to put my mind there yet but I can't help but worry.

If Allen is out for let's say 4-6 weeks that ends any conversation of the #1 seed but at least we could probably sneak into the playoffs and see what happens from there. Based on some of the cryptic things being put out there by people I follow and trust I would honestly take that outcome at this point if I could.

Josh last pass, and right after his elbow injury, traveled further than any pass in the NFL in 6 years and was right on the money and hit Davis literally in the face for him to drop it 70 yards downfield.  

But you think he can't throw deep?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Uh, this is a pretty bold statement right here. This is coming across as season ending injury. Were they specifically talking about Allen? I mean, you can't just throw this stuff out there without expanding on it.

So they are frustrating me with how cryptic they're being about it. They keep saying they won't say what they're hinting at until it's been confirmed. Maybe they just found out he'll miss a few weeks. Based on how ominous they're being I would accept that outcome.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Josh last pass, and right after his elbow injury, traveled further than any pass in the NFL in 6 years and was right on the money and hit Davis literally in the face for him to drop it 70 yards downfield.  

But you think he can't throw deep?

I didn’t say that he can’t. Just that made he could  throttle back if he’s hurt

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jletha said:

Geary being very cryptic but seems like bad news.

Nope, don’t love that. 

His response of “not being a reporter” makes it sound like he’s clearly heard something at WGR and it’s not his place to break it. 

That said, the wild variance of what this could be, even regarding Allen, is something that I don’t love seeing LAMPs from him over. 

2-4 weeks we can handle with the upcoming schedule.  Season ender is obviously another story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Also, cover1 (slack channel or not) has no inside track to the Bills medical related news

47 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Aaron and Greg and Erik from Cover 1 have all posted hints that there is bad news coming and that they are "sick to their stomach." They said they will say it when it's officially confirmed but they do not throw random rumors out there. I have a really bad feeling right now.

Well...in that Tweet I posted it said Poyer reaggravated the same elbow injury, which potentially means bad news with that...surgery or extra long recovery time?

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Amateur bowling and an élite NFL QB play have so many commonalities.

No,  I think he terrible play and another loss in the AFCE will get him to refocus a lot sooner than a sore elbow.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.