Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

14 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

I've thought he hasn't been himself since the Miami game when he got hurt on that QB sneak. Watch him in LA and Tenn and then after Miami. Not quite the same touch. 

He was pretty damn good on that game winning drive in Arrowhead. I don't think Allen is hurt. A hurt QB isn't running like that and challenging tackles. I think he's had a bad game and a half. We've seen this before. Almost all QBs have a couple of off games throughout the season. I'm confident he will bounce back. What's more concerning is the lack of weapons besides Diggs. Who is going to step up? Davis is wildly inconsistent, McKenzie isn't a starter, Shakir doesn't play, Kumerow stinks, Knox is not being used as a passing option, Motor is ok but not a difference maker or a threat a defense game plans around, Cook is still developing, etc...I think it's fools gold to think Hines is going to be a difference maker. The guy is an upgrade but he's a career back up for a reason. The Colts didn't like an elite difference maker walk for free. The Bills need to get their butts in gear or the Dolphins will win the division. Yes I said it. If Tua stays healthy they are a legitimate threat. The gap is very close right now. Earlier I was laughing at Dolphins fans who were saying they are going to win the division. Right now, it's not so outlandish. 

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He was pretty damn good on that game winning drive in Arrowhead. I don't think Allen is hurt. A hurt QB isn't running like that and challenging tackles. I think he's had a bad game and a half. We've seen this before. Almost all QBs have a couple of off games throughout the season. I'm confident he will bounce back. What's more concerning is the lack of weapons besides Diggs. Who is going to step up? Davis is wildly inconsistent, McKenzie isn't a starter, Shakir doesn't play, Kumerow stinks, Knox is not being used as a passing option, Motor is ok but not a difference maker or a threat a defense game plans around, Cook is still developing, etc...I think it's fools gold to think Hines is going to be a difference maker. The guy is an upgrade but he's a career back up for a reason. The Colts didn't like an elite difference maker walk for free. The Bills need to get their butts in gear or the Dolphins will win the division. Yes I said it. If Tua stays healthy they are a legitimate threat. The gap is very close right now. Earlier I was laughing at Dolphins fans who were saying they are going to win the division. Right now, it's not so outlandish. 

Don't take this the wrong way - I do not wish injuries on anyone - but I'd be willing to bet that Zach Wilson and/or Tua get hurt again before the end of the season.  Both QBs seem a bit injury prone.  Maybe it's their frame.  Maybe it's the way they seem to take hits.  But both QBs got hurt at some point when we played them.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, jkeerie said:

He said in an interview last week that he was learning how to emulate Rodgers flip throws, where he just flips his wrist.  The first INT looked like that.  Josh needs to go back to being Josh.

He didnt see the defender covering Knox because there was a DE in his face.  Listen to the post game interviews and stop making ***** up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He didnt see the defender covering Knox because there was a DE in his face.  Listen to the post game interviews and stop making ***** up.

Josh is going to say whatever Josh wants to say. It’s clear to anyone that Josh has not been right since the halftime at the Packers game. Something happened and he was shaking out cob webs yesterday. He has major brain fog going on. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Josh is going to say whatever Josh wants to say. It’s clear to anyone that Josh has not been right since the halftime at the Packers game. Something happened and he was shaking out cob webs yesterday. He has major brain fog going on. 

Were you saying this after the first half yesterday?  He had the boneheaded INT, but otherwise looked pretty sharp in the first half (Two TDs and put them in FG position in under a minute).  Did the cobwebs just disappear for the first half?

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Right, that must have been the brain injury talking in the presser.  Funny how the brain injury only affected 2 out of 34 throws.  Maybe he snapped out of the concussion on the first and last throws of the game because thats how concussions work?

You and the secret concussion theorists have terminal brain fog.  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He definetly seems off the last 2 games.  I think the "concussion" theory is very unture.

I think its the price of fame. He has numerous commercials now, he is a top interview, where ever he goes he's recognized ...  you know his phone is ringing off the hook from Agents etc..

He may need to step back and get back to focusing on football only for the rest of the season.

• Agree 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Right, that must have been the brain injury talking in the presser.  Funny how the brain injury only affected 2 out of 34 throws.  Maybe he snapped out of the concussion on the first and last throws of the game because thats how concussions work?

Concussions are strange. They don’t always manifest in perfect symptoms or operate in continuous negative outcomes. Could be doing inconspicuous things one moment and egregious the next. 

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Don’t forget the throw over the middle that was a mess. 

It’s not about the accuracy.  It’s about the decision making.  And, right now, it’s bad.  Concussions are funny things.  Whether it’s a concussion or something else, he is way off right now. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Don’t forget the throw over the middle that was a mess. 

It’s not about the accuracy.  It’s about the decision making.  And, right now, it’s bad.  Concussions are funny things.  Whether it’s a concussion or something else, he is way off right now. 

Tell me more about intermittent brain injuries and sports.  How many secret concussions go undiagnosed in the NFL each year and are they all unique to the QB position?  How many great plays are caused by concussion decision making? Whats the net effect?  Is it possible that lingering brain injuries happen in other walks of life?  Could lingering secret concussions have contributed to the existence and perpetuation of this thread?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

First off...I'm not making what Josh said up.  He did mention learning how to flip some throws like Aaron Rodgers does...adding to his repertoire.  I listened to the presser on Bills tonight late last night and heard his explanation.   He did sort of flip that throw, though, such that even if the defender wasn't there it would have been nowhere near Knox.  He didn't get anything on that throw.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I think its the price of fame. He has numerous commercials now, he is a top interview, where ever he goes he's recognized ...  you know his phone is ringing off the hook from Agents etc..

He may need to step back and get back to focusing on football only for the rest of the season.

I blame the Kyle Brandt film festival. Josh had to watch the Shining and McD's recommendation of Vision Quest in back to back weeks. 

All work and no play makes Josh a something something! 

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Davis has been disappointing this season.  

Below is a video analyzing Josh possible injury.  I hate that youtube blocks stuff like this and makes you goto youtube to watch it.  Its only about 3 minutes.

That Dr in the Josh video is a hack.  The fact he thinks he's actually diagnosing that is a joke.  He's doing it for the FF money. I've seen his content before he's terrible. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.