Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Thought I would make a catch all thread for any updates to Allen's injury similar to Milano's thread last week.

Latest that I have seen is that Allen said it was "a slight pain" but that he would work through it.

Wonder if he is going to get an MRI or not.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-allen-says-slight-pain-213307184.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thought I would make a catch all thread for any updates to Allen's injury similar to Milano's thread last week.

Latest that I have seen is that Allen said it was "a slight pain" but that he would work through it.

It's his eyes that are the problem not his arm. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If this off-season isn’t purely dedicated to the offense and the line, then Allen deserves better. 

No OL is going to look good when you’re wildly predictable and the defense can just pin their ears back.  

Allen had the chance to dagger them early and put us in the position we were in.  

Im all for a heavy offense draft for once, but the pass rush issue today was partially of our own creation. 

Just now, SCBills said:

No OL is going to look good when you’re wildly predictable and the defense can just pin their ears back.  

Allen had the chance to dagger them early and put us in the position we were in.  

Im all for a heavy offense draft for once, but the pass rush issue today was partially of our own creation. 

Agree.  Daboll had the same problem here, perhaps it's more to do with how poor our OL is at run blocking.

I love Dorseys aggressiveness.  Josh had open checkdowns and Shakir several times on crossing routes.  Josh was forcing way too many passes, on a day where we just needed to stay in 3rd/short and not turnover the ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-allen-says-slight-pain-213307184.html

If the Bills are smart, they stuff his arm in that thumping tube whether he wants it or not.

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Josh had an UCL sprain in his rookie year, against Texans. 

The 4th down deep pass gives me hope that this is more on the minor-side, especially following a timeout...doubt we're letting Josh come back in with any potential concerns.

At that point in the game, I think they'll let Josh have that throw if his arm is still predominantly attached to the shoulder.

Here's the article:

https://sicscore.com/nfl/updates/josh-allen-injury-bills-quarterback-appears-to-suffer-elbow-sprain-late-in-loss

On the next play, Allen skipped a ball short while trying to make a bullet throw to Stefon Diggs. He grabbed at his forearm/elbow after and appeared to be in pain.

Hopefully the issue is not as bad as the video appears, but if an MRI confirms the UCL sprain it could be a big issue going forward for Allen and the Bills.

The injury would affect him on bullet throws more than touch throws and would likely cause him to miss practice time.

On the game's final play Allen was able to throw deep, but the ball was incomplete. His ability to throw deep is a good sign overall, but he will undergo an MRI after the game.

To my eyes, it looked as though Davis had to slow up a bit for the ball, which allowed Gardner to catch up to him.

But, Allen had overthrown Kumerow and someone else earlier in the game, so hard to know if he did that deliberately.

32 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.  Daboll had the same problem here, perhaps it's more to do with how poor our OL is at run blocking.

I love Dorseys aggressiveness.  Josh had open checkdowns and Shakir several times on crossing routes.  Josh was forcing way too many passes, on a day where we just needed to stay in 3rd/short and not turnover the ball.

Thank you, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who saw that.  Josh did the same thing in the 2nd half against the Steelers.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That may be the worst picture ever uploaded here.  If you can see anything of substance,  you're lying.  I'm convinced you are just stiring the ***** to get reactions 

It's from the same tweet. I couldn't upload a bigger pic becuae max size is 200 kB. How is this one?

image.thumb.png.d4d9d80bbeb77a649a1649a1bd22eb18.png

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.