The blueprint is in, Buffalo has been figured out

DallasBillsFan1

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They miss Poyer and Hyde, particularly in run D.  They were also missing Milano which was big.  The offense was the problem today.  As another poster said, it is Allen and Diggs with a little support from Singletary.  Davis had a big week or two after his injury, but nothing since and I root for McKenzie, but he is only a decent backup.

What is their lead in the division?  

Josh was the problem.  Don't try to spread the blame.  You tell us what the lead is.  You can read. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

They miss Poyer and Hyde, particularly in run D.  They were also missing Milano which was big.  The offense was the problem today.  As another poster said, it is Allen and Diggs with a little support from Singletary.  Davis had a big week or two after his injury, but nothing since and I root for McKenzie, but he is only a decent backup.

What is their lead in the division?  

A half game. Meaning the lead the division right? 

1 hour ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

It's the old Bill Parcells / Giants approach used to beat Buffalo in the Superbowl:  ball control and time of possesion.  Run the ball often and effectively thereby keeping the ball out of Josh's hands.  That and putting A LOT of pressure on JA17.  You saw Green Bay do it last week and now the Jets ... only Wilson had more production than A Rogers.  You also saw that the Buffalo offense was not on the field for long periods of time last week and this week.  

Granted, Bills had an off day, but that makes two weeks in a row.  Josh has regressed since the bye.  Tough to watch that pile of dooty today ... all three phases were sub par.

Except if the Bills don't turn the ball over on that 1st drive and score any points. Also when up 4 and they got the turnover if it's not turned over again and any points are scored running doesn't work. So the Bills turning the ball over is what is the issue 

17 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Milano and Poyer out mattered more than anything else in this game.  They took advantage of Jaquan all day, and Bernard couldn’t make some of the reads Milano would be able to when attacking downhill.

Too many missed tackles.  The 4th quarter Jet drive that led to a field goal and started at the 4 yard line, they blew up one of the running plays and had the RB for a loss, he broke away and gained NINE yards.  Same thing was happening last week.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I agree, the offense is not performimg but the D isn't holding up it's end of the bargain either.

The whole team is in a funk.

Shake it off, figure it out. We'll be fine. 

I wasn't on the OBJ train, but have changed my mind. He is needed.

Defense has done its part despite injuries. The issue is Allen. He’s the same inconsistent QB he’s always been.

• Disagree 1

We can debate the why and how all day.  I don't even care anymore.  All I know is that after 30 years, the Bills werw finally "THAT TEAM" again.  We were this good, this highly regarded back then in the early 90s; I was in my 20s and it was great being "THAT TEAM.  Or one of the top 2 or 3 teams.  And we still are; but not so much now.    Not after today.  The Miami game was being called an anomoly because of the weather.  But the TRUTH is we played  AWFUL against a hungrier Jets group who WANT to be that team.  Nope, we're not really THAT TEAM now. 

Guys, we're paper tigers with a big likeable zillionaire QB who makes TV commercials and grows mustaches for photo ops whom the league has chosen to annoint as one of the  new faces.  Fine.  But let's not confuse this - we're NOT that team.  We've beaten up on bad teams.  Good teams know now Just pressure Allen, Fluster him and he'll quickly revert to Sugar High Josh who loses the ball via INTs or fumbles..  And then just run the ball on our D., eat clock and Leslie Frazier will be standing there looking stoic and Dorsely sitting upstairs trying to look calm, but boiling over.    

I just can't stomach this - of thinking we're that team..... being TOLD we're that team -.... only to get our asses kicked and realize we're not.  We'll get eaten up by the pack now and be lucky if we get a Wildcard.  Miami AND the Jets beat us.  Win the Division???   Playing like this?   Nope.

Edited by Irish Dave

56 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I agree, the offense is not performimg but the D isn't holding up it's end of the bargain either.

The whole team is in a funk.

Shake it off, figure it out. We'll be fine. 

I wasn't on the OBJ train, but have changed my mind. He is needed.

"Shake it off?" Is it that easy to fix? 

So here is the blueprint.

Run the ball down the Bills throat. Challenge their man hood and the Bills won't be able to do anything about it. Control the clock and chew up lots of time. Limit number of Bills possessions. 

On defense put your number 1 cornerback on Davis to shut him down.

For Diggs, bracket him with a safety and cornerback and roll the coverage to Diggs taking him away.

Then force the Bills to beat you with their slot receivers which won't work.

Then rush 4 against Allen forcing him to throw short (which he wont).

Allen will try to push the ball deep which will lead to incompletions.

With no real running game Allen will run the ball himself leading to hard hits. Dorsey will run motor over and over again for little gain.

Then wait for Allen to make a mistake throwing it deep.

I think that covers it

2 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

It's the old Bill Parcells / Giants approach used to beat Buffalo in the Superbowl:  ball control and time of possesion.  Run the ball often and effectively thereby keeping the ball out of Josh's hands.  That and putting A LOT of pressure on JA17.  You saw Green Bay do it last week and now the Jets ... only Wilson had more production than A Rogers.  You also saw that the Buffalo offense was not on the field for long periods of time last week and this week.  

Granted, Bills had an off day, but that makes two weeks in a row.  Josh has regressed since the bye.  Tough to watch that pile of dooty today ... all three phases were sub par.

If by blueprint you mean the Bills need to be missing 4 of their best players on defense and then continue to lose more of them to injury at times during the game, then sure.  

Geezus...this board never learns.  Freak out after a loss every time.  We lost to the Jags last year and then went on a tear.  

Jets defense is legit.  They played a strong game.  Allen and the offense had a slow game.  Josh Allen is still on pace to SHATTER the NFL total yards record and we are still the #1 seed in the AFC.  

Give them a chance to adjust and figure out what is going on before we declare they are figured out and the sky is falling.  Somone already started an absurd thread "Fire Everyone".  

See you all in a week...this board is going into the toilet this week.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

We can debate the why and how all day.  I don't even care anymore.  All I know is that after 30 years, the Bills werw finally "THAT TEAM" again.  We were this good, this highly regarded back then in the early 90s; I was in my 20s and it was great being "THAT TEAM.  Or one of the top 2 or 3 teams.  And we still are; but not so much now.    Not after today.  The Miami game was being called an anomoly because of the weather.  But the TRUTH is we played  AWFUL against a hungrier Jets group who WANT to be that team.  Nope, we're not really THAT TEAM now. 

Guys, we're paper tigers with a big likeable zillionaire QB who makes TV commercials and grows mustaches for photo ops whom the league has chosen to annoint as one of the  new faces.  Fine.  But let's not confuse this - we're NOT that team.  We've beaten up on bad teams.  Good teams know now Just pressure Allen, Fluster him and he'll quickly revert to Sugar High Josh who loses the ball via INTs or fumbles..  And then just run the ball on our D., eat clock and Leslie Frazier will be standing there looking stoic and Dorsely sitting upstairs trying to look calm, but boiling over.    

I just can't stomach this - of thinking we're that team..... being TOLD we're that team -.... only to get our asses kicked and realize we're not.  We'll get eaten up by the pack now and be lucky if we get a Wildcard.  Miami AND the Jets beat us.  Win the Division???   Playing like this?   Nope.

This won't be a popular take. I do agree parts of what you said. However, I don't think the picture you painted is entirely accurate. Sounds like you are in panic mode and giving up on the team. I just can't go there. Yes, I am concerned about the team. Who wouldn't be after the way they have recently played? It is a long season and I think the Bills and Allen will get things right. My confidence in hoisting the Lombardi trophy is dwindling. Right now, the Bills have to concentrate on wining their division, making adjustments on many levels. The O and D lines are really concerning. Hopefully, Poyer gets healthy, Tre cones back strong, the coaches perform, and Allen gets back to being elite. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's not my narrative. Allen has sucked for 6 straight qts all of the sudden. Something is up. Both Jets and Dolphins have a win on them, so one more loss and boom, 3rd place in the div. Tua is not slowing down anytime soon it appears.

And with those 6 QTRs and Tua (seems you want him finally in a game healthy (won’t last) and Boom STILL FIRST PLACE. 

ooo wait you want to play hypotheticals like it means something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

70%, 300yds, 3TD and 0 INT today. Seems like when he's not hurt he's playing well.

And hasn’t won *****. Tell me when he comes up big in a game where playoffs on the line or can actually play 17 games. 

you can jump on over their bandwagon still pretty empty. 

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Ok Coach....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.