The blueprint is in, Buffalo has been figured out

DallasBillsFan1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That will not work effectively for more than a few games. Allen is not going to continue playing like this.

The board is going to be ugly this week. I think Im going to go find a bunker and wait it out lol

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

That strategy works very well when almost half of our starters on D are out, but what happens when we're healthy?

How in the world does ANYONE think there's some magical day "when we're healthy".  We will NEVER be fully healthly.   Not for more than 5 minutes

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And that didn't really matter.  Josh was hot garbage; we will lose every time he plays that poorly.

And we'll likely win, probably by a lot, when is all world.

It's all Josh, all the time.

It always was.

Disagree. If we had Poyer and Milano today, we win. 

Its not a blueprint if Frazier adjusts his defence, but I’m afraid he won’t.

Why he won’t get out of nickel against heavy packages, or bring pressure all game against a guy who had a 19 passer rating against pressure is just mind boggling to me.

I think the Jets had three , 7-8 minute drives today 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know.  You tell me.  Can we get healthy?

Issues on this team right now go far beyond injuries. 

Allen-Dorsey-WR2 is a massive issue right now and they are all intertwined.

Run Defense has been a mid-season problem for years under McD.  Good news is he usually figures it out.   Bad news, mid-season lulls are why we havent yet escape postseason games at Arrowhead. 

Dorsey seems to be a control freak perfectionist - as evidenced by his outburst after Miami.  And that carries over into Josh's play.  One mistake builds on top of another and gets in his head.   Plus that stupid mustache.   He's reading too much of his own press.

• Eyeroll 1

All teams go through tough times when things aren't working. The Pats had it with Brady when they'd start the season with a couple of losses and people would say that's it for them. The Chiefs were blanked in one game last year and everyone said Mahomes was figured out.

NFL defensive coordinators are good at what they do and will eventually scheme to stop certain things. the key is how well your coaches can go away and make changes that negate what other teams are doing. We'll see what McD and Dorsey can do.

And yes, as others have said, Josh needs to play smarter and not turn the ball over as much

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think we're still struggling to overcome the loss of Beasley as a 3rd down outlet.

We've never found a guy who can make up for Beezers ability to consistently be that short outlet. 

I agree.  Singletary is there, but he's always standing still when he catches the short balls.  I can't remember being this frustrated for a WHOLE game in a long time.  Starting with the INT in the red zone.  That's 2 weeks in a row he throws INT on first drive in red zone.  That's points lost.  That's the game.

Just now, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I'm sad

Waterrose?

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Meanwhile we draft a crap olinemen in the 2nd round and trade him for a bag of peanuts. 

It’s bad. It just pisses me off that we have a qb like Allen and then give him Diggs but beyond that give him JAGs. Meanwhile…the d gets every resource thrown at it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Its not a blueprint if Frazier adjusts his defence, but I’m afraid he won’t.

Why he won’t get out of nickel against heavy packages, or bring pressure all game against a guy who had a 19 passer rating against pressure is just mind boggling to me.

I think the Jets had three , 7-8 minute drives today 

Ask the right person. McD 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense? They scored 17 points on offense. How does anyone blame the defense?

Offence was horrible, it’s not relative to the post in terms of the TOP and bill parcels reference to this thread.

But when the defence is constantly getting gashed for 7-8 minute drives and they let up a game winning 90 yard drive that chews off 7 minutes while burning 3 time outs, they deserve a lot of blame.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the blueprint is pressure JA & hope he forces the issue anyway, then sure...

But hopefully he can get back to basics & settle on taking what the defense gives him again. Check downs, screens, slants, etc. just things that help keep the ball moving while helping him get in rhythm. 

He also needs to stop with the casual throws in bounds when he should be throwing the ball away. 

He's had what, 3x 2 INT games? Even had a couple fumbles now too. It wasn't great before, but at least we managed to win in spite of them. Now they're really concerning 😟 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

I agree.  Singletary is there, but he's always standing still when he catches the short balls.  I can't remember being this frustrated for a WHOLE game in a long time.  Starting with the INT in the red zone.  That's 2 weeks in a row he throws INT on first drive in red zone.  That's points lost.  That's the game.

Waterrose?

Not sure what Waterrose means...

Logically I know I need to see how the season plays out, but damn I'm dealing with some Bills Mafia PTSD right now... Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.