Need upgrades at WR

Jerry Jabber

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Shady was the last time the Bills staff ever committed to a run game. It's been awhile 2017. In 2018 we started phasing McCoy out to let Josh do his thing.

I’m not meaning becoming a run heavy team. Definitely would rather have the ball in Josh’s hands as he’s the most dangerous weapon. But commit to trying to establish a running game. Maybe about 25 attempts or so. Especially on the road. 

On 11/9/2022 at 10:51 PM, Beck Water said:

Okay Goys and Birls

I was off reading on another thread about how we should cut Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie when we bring in OBJ.

Then of course the current height of TBD fashion is to dunk on Isaiah McKenzie

And Gabe Davis seems to be lining up as the next TBD whipping boy.

I thought I'd put together some factoids, so here ya go: WR performance table for Bills as of Week 8.

If you click the thing it will enlarge.

If y'all might want to recommend benching, cutting, etc. thought that might be useful - or Naaaaaaaah??? 🐐

Keep in mind that Gabe Davis does legit get some high degree of difficulty throws where he's well covered or has a safety closing fast.

And of course, these guys can't throw themselves the ball. 

image.thumb.png.a4d8cfec3be6f8715f6463b6a08b0cee.png

But what is your point with the chart?

Davis has basically replaced the combination of Sanders and himself from last season.    How is Davis' yards per route this year versus that combination?   Were the drops and INT% that high?

McKenzie has replaced Beasley?   How is that working out statistically?

The chart itself doesn't change the narrative that Davis has been a disappointment and that McKenzie isn't good.    McKenzie has been the final target on 6 important drive killing plays this season.   That's a lot for a guy with his measly production.  He's been lousy.   

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, Mr. WEO said:

The Demise of Gabe Davis is a bit of overwrought pearl clutching.  

Josh struggled to hit his receivers today.  A bad day. 

Josh is a bigger, faster, modern day Favre. He is going to be spectacular more often than not. But that also means he will have the occasional clunker. 

Maybe Gabe is just a paper tiger, but after the last two weeks of QB play he isn't on my Schitts Creek list yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh is a bigger, faster, modern day Favre. He is going to be spectacular more often than not. But that also means he will have the occasional clunker. 

Maybe Gabe is just a paper tiger, but after the last two weeks of QB play he isn't on my Schitts Creek list yet. 

Gabe will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2022 at 3:18 PM, Jerry Jabber said:

I hate to say it, but losing Beasley and Sanders has hurt the Bills offense. The dropoff between Beasley and McKenzie has been huge. Since put in the #2 WR role, Davis hasn’t had the same kind of production. 

Hopefully Von’s recruitment of OBJ will payoff as we need a #2 WR. If that happens and Davis goes back to being a #3 WR, hopefully his production will go up. In regards to the slot receiver position, hopefully Hines will be used more in that role as McKenzie has underperformed in that role so far this season.

But Beasley was a POS because he spoke his mind & he caused more trouble than what he was worth according to many here . He's still out there & Beane could go get him i bet he would un retire if he came calling & that would be a huge get for the team .

They gave McKenzie the extension & let him walk for a bunch of politically correct reasons but it's proving to be a mistake as far as his on the field presence that's for sure when ever they had to have a 3rd or 4th down Bease was the man the one person Josh knew he could count on to come down with the ball almost every single time .

I was always on the same side as Bease & when they let him walk i thought there would be some kind of repercussions & we are seeing them in living color !

When you get rid of a guy that has made back to back 100 reception seasons you better make sure you got 2 to take up that kind of slack but to this point nothin . But that's what you get when you have a strong opinion & listen to the cancel culture .

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:14 AM, T master said:

But Beasley was a POS because he spoke his mind & he caused more trouble than what he was worth according to many here . He's still out there & Beane could go get him i bet he would un retire if he came calling & that would be a huge get for the team .

They gave McKenzie the extension & let him walk for a bunch of politically correct reasons but it's proving to be a mistake as far as his on the field presence that's for sure when ever they had to have a 3rd or 4th down Bease was the man the one person Josh knew he could count on to come down with the ball almost every single time .

I was always on the same side as Bease & when they let him walk i thought there would be some kind of repercussions & we are seeing them in living color !

When you get rid of a guy that has made back to back 100 reception seasons you better make sure you got 2 to take up that kind of slack but to this point nothin . But that's what you get when you have a strong opinion & listen to the cancel culture .

I agree 100% I’ve always liked Beasley and his stance on the Covid vaccinations didn’t bother me, it’s a free country, get the shot or not, it’s the individual’s choice. It’s not like Beasley was acting anything like Antonio Brown. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree 100% I’ve always liked Beasley and his stance on the Covid vaccinations didn’t bother me, it’s a free country, get the shot or not, it’s the individual’s choice. It’s not like Beasley was acting anything like Antonio Brown. 

Athletes should have a voice, unless that voice goes against the narrative.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Gabe Davis actually had a good game. What are you guys on?

6 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD. He did fine.

He did but he also dropped that ball in the last drive, had the refs not been on our side it doesnt get to OT

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

No and he wasn't saying anything that wasn't true if he was spreading a false narrative i could then see someone getting upset but they were upset because they didn't want to here the truth they wanted the agenda to be followed & don't like it when someone bows up against it so the cancel culture stepped in because the powers that be at one Bills drive didn't want to stand up against what the NFL was trying to implement .

Brown can act a fool beat people up, cuss them like dogs & still gets 2 or 3 chances pls a super bowl ring but the guy that tells the truth is excommunicated basically now that's justice !! 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, Jerry Jabber said:

I hate to say it, but losing Beasley and Sanders has hurt the Bills offense. The dropoff between Beasley and McKenzie has been huge. Since put in the #2 WR role, Davis hasn’t had the same kind of production. 

Hopefully Von’s recruitment of OBJ will payoff as we need a #2 WR. If that happens and Davis goes back to being a #3 WR, hopefully his production will go up. In regards to the slot receiver position, hopefully Hines will be used more in that role as McKenzie has underperformed in that role so far this season.

I keep dreaming that they drafted Jefferson and still found a way to land Diggs. A lovely dream. Please don't disabuse me. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.