Need upgrades at WR

Jerry Jabber

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I think McD is too stubborn when it comes to playing rookies. Shakir needs to take over the slot role. McKenzie is a gadget player, and the experiment needs to end. Shakir might not be the guy, but we need to find out. 

Couldn’t agree more. Overall, Shakir has looked fine. Give him more playing time. It can’t be much worse than McKenzie’s play!

Same can be said for Cook. He was more involved today… this needs to continue.  I liked how he ran with the ball today. 

• Agree 2

I hope Hines is hunkered down right now learning the playbook, because we need help.

Different side of the ball - time to play Tre.

We need consistent playmakers and it doesn’t look like Knox, McKenzie or Davis are kicking in enough.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Outside of Diggs, who is playing better this year than I've ever seen him, we got next to nothing out of our weapons today. Allen was both the primary issue on offense today AND the only reason we were able to move the ball and score. That's a big problem. Our RBs couldn't rip off big runs, we had zero screen game, no big run after the catch on a single completion.

Making Davis the #3 won't increase his production necessarily but it will increase the production of the passing offense as a whole. In fact I think it's arguable he would see his own production increased because we can use him in his preferred role as a vertical only WR who takes advantage of openings created by our other weapons.

The Demise of Gabe Davis is a bit of overwrought pearl clutching.  

Josh struggled to hit his receivers today.  A bad day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Absolutely. Gabe can’t get open. 

Gabe is a complete inconsistent mess right now. Knox, McKenzie & Shakir have been non factors. It's basically Diggs or nothing. Josh's confidence is suffering right now. Yes we somehow scratched out a win v GB but that 2nd half was like rookie Josh yet worse. Hopefully he clears his head and rests that elbow. If we don't stop losing defensive players, it won't matter what condition the offense is in. 

• Agree 2

Today is the day I join the OBJ crowd. 

1- Diggs is a star and will draw double coverage. 

2 - I don't understand Davis.  He disappears for games at a time.  Good CBs can cover him and take him out of the game. 

3 - They miss a reliable guy like Beasley in the slot (the Beasley of a few years back).  Crowder did not do the job.   McKenzie is not a slot guy and would be better as the 4th WR and gadget guy.  

4 - Shakir looks promising but not getting many targets.  For some reason the TE's don't get targeted much either.  

5- Kummerow is an emergency plug-in WR, plus Special Teams. 

OBJ can help.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gabe is a complete inconsistent mess right now. Knox, McKenzie & Shakir have been non factors. It's basically Diggs or nothing. Josh's confidence is suffering right now. Yes we somehow scratched out a win v GB but that 2nd half was like rookie Josh yet worse. Hopefully he clears his head and rests that elbow. If we don't stop losing defensive players, it won't matter what condition the offense is in. 

2…….games

5 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I hate to say it, but losing Beasley and Sanders has hurt the Bills offense. The dropoff between Beasley and McKenzie has been huge. Since put in the #2 WR role, Davis hasn’t had the same kind of production. 

Hopefully Von’s recruitment of OBJ will payoff as we need a #2 WR. If that happens and Davis goes back to being a #3 WR, hopefully his production will go up. In regards to the slot receiver position, hopefully Hines will be used more in that role as McKenzie has underperformed in that role so far this season.

Yet we have fans saying were fine at WR and don't need OJB.  Allen was bad but show me receivers that were creating separation , he almost always ends up passing to RB'S as check downs

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Today is the day I join the OBJ crowd. 

1- Diggs is a star and will draw double coverage. 

2 - I don't understand Davis.  He disappears for games at a time.  Good CBs can cover him and take him out of the game. 

3 - They miss a reliable guy like Beasley in the slot (the Beasley of a few years back).  Crowder did not do the job.   McKenzie is not a slot guy and would be better as the 4th WR and gadget guy.  

4 - Shakir looks promising but not getting many targets.  For some reason the TE's don't get targeted much either.  

5- Kummerow is an emergency plug-in WR, plus Special Teams. 

OBJ can help.  

I'd say we are missing Crowder. I'd take him in a heartbeat right now. For me the Mckenzie experiment is over. There was a reason Beasley had so many catches from Allen. We need a slot reciever, we don't have a reliable option right now. Davis has been frustrating, his drops and disappearing acts aren't working for the offense. I'd say roll out Shakir more in the slot and see how it works, cuz we need a spark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yep.  Bills need to aggressively go after OBJ and hope he can play.  This WR core isnt cutting it.  Davis is a disappointment and not a #2. McK is McK.  People think Shakir is going to be better but hes actually done nothing and yes, he is getting snaps.  Knox is invisible.

Either Dorsey's offense sucks, Josh isnt reading the field, or our WR's are just that bad.  Either way they need another talent opposite Diggs because Davis aint it.  Double Diggs and man Davis and our O goes nowhere.

Edited by Scott7975

11 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I think McD is too stubborn when it comes to playing rookies. Shakir needs to take over the slot role. McKenzie is a gadget player, and the experiment needs to end. Shakir might not be the guy, but we need to find out. 

How many snaps has Shakir had? How many routes has he run? 

How many targets has he gotten in the last 2 games? How many receptions does he have on those targets?

C'mon man.  Shakir isn't sitting on the bench growing cobwebs. 

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Knox contract is looking worse by the game

39 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

No it’s not.  Your ability to analyze TE play is though.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.